Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting 3 Dongle to Xbox

Options
  • 16-11-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Ok so i have been trying to follow all the guides online with no luck, so ill start from the start

I want to use my 3 mobile broadband dongle's internet on my xbox, so i connected up an Ethernet cable to laptop and the xbox..

Im using windows seven, so i went into my networks and sharing, then into "change adapters settings", went to my LAN connection from laptop to xbox, into properties and then into sharing, selected "Allow other network users to connect............". went back out and tried to bridge the usb modem and LAN connections and it did not work.

I then went into the USB modems properties and selected "Allow other network users to connect.........." sites hsve been telling me that i should be able to select this connection as a LAN connection but it does not allow me to change from a wireless one

So any ideas on my next move to try get this working? stuck on a contract with three

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Garco wrote: »
    Ok so i have been trying to follow all the guides online with no luck, so ill start from the start

I want to use my 3 mobile broadband dongle's internet on my xbox, so i connected up an Ethernet cable to laptop and the xbox..

Im using windows seven, so i went into my networks and sharing, then into "change adapters settings", went to my LAN connection from laptop to xbox, into properties and then into sharing, selected "Allow other network users to connect............". went back out and tried to bridge the usb modem and LAN connections and it did not work.

I then went into the USB modems properties and selected "Allow other network users to connect.........." sites hsve been telling me that i should be able to select this connection as a LAN connection but it does not allow me to change from a wireless one

So any ideas on my next move to try get this working? stuck on a contract with three

Does your xbox have wifi? You could create an ad hoc wireless network on the laptop and go through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

Was looking at that alright, kinda trying to avoid buying the wifi adaptor for the xbox

Was looking at that alright, kinda trying to avoid buying the wifi adaptor for the xbox

Is your xbox requesting it's ip and dns automatically or using a set one?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

Not really sure what u mean, the only thing I have done on the xbox is try to connect it to the network.. but it fails

Not really sure what u mean, the only thing I have done on the xbox is try to connect it to the network.. but it fails

If you go in to the network settings on the xbox, you have options to automatically obtain an ip address and dns server. This means your xbox automatically gets the details it needs for Internet access from the LAN connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Quickest way to do it.

1. Go to control panel -> Network / Sharing center -> click on "change adapter settings"
    2. Select your 3G connection (Usually would be a dial up connection) right click on it and set it to share the connection
    3. Use a "Cross over" cable from the xbox to the pc/laptop - a normal ethernet cable cant do the job
    4. go mad on COD!

let me know if this helped!

Advertisement