Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Treasure Hunt For Wife

Options
  • 16-11-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All !
    Firstly I am completly new to Boards.ie so apologies mediators if I have posted this in the wrong section...feel free to remove and redirect!

Now, I am looking to do a form of treasure hunt around the house for my wife on xmas morning which will involve me giving her one clue / poem which will lead her to the next present / clue poem and so on. I will have 7 presents in total and will be planting them around the house in 7 different locations. So, I need to put together 7 seperate ryhming poems / clues to guide her around the place....sad I know but just trying to be a little different this year :)

I will be planting the pressies in these 7 locations:
    • Kitchen in drawer where placemats are kept
    • Kitchen in cupboard where tinned food are kept
    • Cupboard where the Central Heating is
    • Cubby Hole underneath Stairs
    • Underneath Xbox attached to some string (tickets)
    • In the Hot Press where towels are kept
    • In the storage press where cosmetics are kept
    I just need to come up with 3-4 line poems or rhyming riddles for each of these locations to include in notes that will lead her from one point to the next, if that makes sense? I am desperate at this kind of stuff so was just looking for some rhyming suggestions on each please or perhaps a push in the right direction...want this xmas to be perfect so appreciate any help :)

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Sorry I can't help with the poems, although I love reading I'm very bad at writing and English is not my first language.
    However, I wanted to say what a lovely idea this is. Your wife is a lucky woman :)
    Merry Christmas to the both of you!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You might be better off asking in the Creative Writing forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nthdub747

Thanks for that...yes i have re posted in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nthdub747

Thanks MaudL :)

Advertisement