Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find a book please!

Options
  • 17-11-2011 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey all,

When I was about 11 or 12, I read an adult fiction about a young woman who escapes to London from Nazi-occupied Germany. My memory is quite hazy as it was a long time ago but as far as I recall, she befriends the owner of a cabaret/burlesque house who gives her a false identity and documents and has her smuggled out of the country. Along the way in London, the girl falls in love, possibly with an RAF pilot who is possibly killed (!) but not before she falls pregnant. The novel ends with the girl giving birth while the bombs fall on London. Her home is hit and she is injured and just after she gives birth, she dies. The story was so beautiful and tragic and poignant that it has stuck with me all these years (I'm 25!) but try as I may, I cannot recall the title of novel or the author's name. Please help me fellow bookworms, it's driven me to the brink of insanity for so long!

xx

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Would it be any of these?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement