Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ristorante Del Arte now in Mahonpoint

Options
  • 17-11-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Was in Mahonpoint today and spotted that the new Ristorante Del Arte has opened. They are located next to Nando's on the ground floor.
    Its an Italian style restaurant with pasta, pizza etc.
    That now gives two proper restaurants to choose from along with the food court. The premises looks very impressive and welcoming, looking forward to trying it next week.
    http://www.mahonpointsc.ie/dsp_store_directory.cfm/rk/189

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Did you get around to trying it yet GiftGrub, was wondering how it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I ate here last Thursday lunchtime - had a pepperoni and mushroom pizza and it was gorgeous! Lovely thin crispy crust and generous toppings! It's also a good size. My pizza was 12e in total (it was 10.75 for pepperoni but 1.25 extra for mushrooms which I thought was a bit cheeky tbh but it was gorgeoous so I let it slide!). Also I discovered after that they actually have lunch specials on the menu also where you can get a pizza and drink for like a tenner but I didn't know this at the time!

All in all it was really nice and service was good. I will be back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Went with the gf last night to try it out and we were very pleased. We were welcomed with big smiles from the staff as I walked in, brought to a nice table with plenty of space around us, I'm claustrophobic so I don't like to be squashed into a table, so this was good!

Had a look at the menu and ordered Pollo al Marsala x2 which was Pan Fried chicken breast in some marsala mushroom sauce, got Tagliatelle with that and herself had mashed potato, the sauce and the chicken was sublime, but I have to say the portion was slightly on the small side, we didn't leave hungry, but we didn't leave full either.

They ran out of penne pasta and chips but the waitress explained that was due to over 600 previous customers that day, I'm an understanding guy so that was no problem, especially for a brand new restaurant.

The two mains with 2 soft drinks came to €32 which I found was fair, but not cheap as there was no starter or dessert. Will definitely visit again, but I will be sure to mention that the portions were small on our last visit, Nando's always fills me to the brim for the same price. But it's always nice to have more options in Mahon Point.

8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

great to see a place selling reasonably healthy food (pasta). I'll give it a shot sometime with the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Sounds good! Will definitely try it out so. Great to see a bit more choice in Mahon foodwise!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

They have a "main course plus drink" deal for a tenner. Does anyone know what restrictions there are for choosing the main course? I assume you can't get the main courses that cost 16-17 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Dave147 wrote: »
    we didn't leave hungry, but we didn't leave full either.

The two mains with 2 soft drinks came to €32

that sounds fairly expensive to be honest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

leahyl wrote: »
    I ate here last Thursday lunchtime - had a pepperoni and mushroom pizza and it was gorgeous! Lovely thin crispy crust and generous toppings! It's also a good size. My pizza was 12e in total (it was 10.75 for pepperoni but 1.25 extra for mushrooms which I thought was a bit cheeky tbh but it was gorgeoous so I let it slide!). Also I discovered after that they actually have lunch specials on the menu also where you can get a pizza and drink for like a tenner but I didn't know this at the time!

All in all it was really nice and service was good. I will be back:D

good to know I'll be paying them a visit then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

On a side note, nando's looks empty any time I pass (usually at lunch time). I always thought they would struggle without a decent 'deal' to entice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kcb wrote: »
    On a side note, nando's looks empty any time I pass (usually at lunch time). I always thought they would struggle without a decent 'deal' to entice people.

they'll probably introduce a few deals once the fad wears off, which seems to be around now by the sound of it. Way too expensive if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

I've gone there twice now, unfortunately second time wasn't as good!
    First time was good, both of us got pasta, was nice!

Second time we got pizzas, the pizza was a little cold, I reckon it was because it was so thin and the plate wasn't heated at all.
    But that was still fine, more alarmingly was when it came to desert, my gf is allergic to nuts (not really major, but it'd be bad if she eat some) and ordered some ice cream thing that only mentioned it contained "crumble", when we saw this "crumble" we double checked only to be told (once the chef was consulted) it was made of nuts, the menu mentioned nothing about nuts or even that there may be traces of nuts (you might usually see a star next to it).
    So if any is really allergic to nuts, be careful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Villette

I ate here a few nights ago and I have to say I would advise people to stay away. It looks like a cheapy, not great quality chain restaurant so I wasn't expecting much but it was still shockingly bad...the food is literally inedible. It's rare that I can actually not eat the food that I've ordered but it was really disgusting. Even the ice-cream afterwards was horrible! Mahon Point must be one of the wost places to get something decent to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Villette wrote: »
    I ate here a few nights ago and I have to say I would advise people to stay away. It looks like a cheapy, not great quality chain restaurant so I wasn't expecting much but it was still shockingly bad...the food is literally inedible. It's rare that I can actually not eat the food that I've ordered but it was really disgusting. Even the ice-cream afterwards was horrible! Mahon Point must be one of the wost places to get something decent to eat.

That's strange - like i said in my earlier post I got a gorgeous pizza there - no complaints! Did you send the food back/complain??

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kat151283

On another note a new outlet called ginzeng is opening in the foodcourt there tomorrow serving oriental food so hopefully it will be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Villette

leahyl wrote: »
    That's strange - like i said in my earlier post I got a gorgeous pizza there - no complaints! Did you send the food back/complain??

And I'm not even exaggerating...I really couldn't eat the food. To be fair, I think it's difficult to go wrong with pizza, maybe the pizza is fine. I got reheated pasta, and rubbery chicken, and the person I was with got cold potatoes and oversalted chicken. Even the ice-cream had a powder-like texture.
    It really was one of the worst meals I've had in a restaurant. I didn't send it back because I don't do that....maybe I should but I just couldn't be bothered having an argument. The staff didn't even bat an eyelid at our full plates either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

That now gives two proper restaurants to choose from along with the food court.

What's the other restaurant GiftGrub100? I only know of Ristorante Del Arte....

Villette wrote: »
    And I'm not even exaggerating...I really couldn't eat the food. To be fair, I think it's difficult to go wrong with pizza, maybe the pizza is fine. I got reheated pasta, and rubbery chicken, and the person I was with got cold potatoes and oversalted chicken. Even the ice-cream had a powder-like texture.
    It really was one of the worst meals I've had in a restaurant. I didn't send it back because I don't do that....maybe I should but I just couldn't be bothered having an argument. The staff didn't even bat an eyelid at our full plates either.

You really should have sent it back! How else can they improve? You have no right to moan unless you send it back or at least say something when you ask for the bill. Not trying to have a go at you I am just saying.... It is a common thing in this country to not complain at the time but to then moan about it afterwards. I wish people would complain when there is a problem :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

kingtut wrote: »
    What's the other restaurant GiftGrub100? I only know of Ristorante Del Arte....

Nandos - a Lot has changed since u left us :D

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Nandos - a Lot has changed since u left us :D

Nandos isn't exactly a restaurant though, it's more a fast food place, just like McDonalds.

Advertisement