Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

easy alarms

• 17-11-2011 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

anyone used easy alarms

would the be any good?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ok lets have a look..

X2 wireless & weatherproof sensors But no IP rating??
    No mains power needed Battery only?? Not good
    Completely portable burglar alarm
    Up to 400ft wireless range from pir's to receiver unit Maybe in a field. In reality the range will be nowhere near this.
    Wireless and Weatherproof pir sensors Again no IP rating
    Great value burglar alarm system You are getting what you pay for.
    This system does not conform to any recognised standards from what I can see.
    It is battery powered only & has no external bell that I can see. That means the only bell is internal & is battery powered only. How long do you think it would take to disable this system???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Looks like cheap chineese rubbish to me, sorry

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    Looks like cheap chineese rubbish to me, sorry
    Thats pretty much what my post translates to..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Thats me, straight to the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭ANSI

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thats pretty much what my post translates to..;)
    It says has the certificate of european safety approval and the ce in stars logo, what does that mean?

• Advertisement

ANSI wrote: »
    It says has the certificate of european safety approval and the ce in stars logo, what does that mean?

From an alarm and security point of view ?Nothing. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

i bought this recently and set it up works fine in my house
    just as good as the one yer men from eircom was trying to sell
    instead it rings me instead of them lol
    http://www.novibo.com/detail.asp?catid=52944&subcatid=52942&pdtid=479323&private=

Am I missing something on that site or are you expected to buy it based solely on a picture? I can't see any specs or standards.
    Now, I'm now fan of Eircom, but based on the info there its hard to claim its better than theirs or any other system that conforms to EN50131.

the spec is further down the page here it is

secBo GL8088 series is a state-of-the-art GSM-SMS wireless alarm system for home and office security. The system is built with LCD display which allows easy operation. It is user friendly and you can install the system and monitor your home / office all by yourself. This system is equipped with 30 zones, and each zone can match with 4 sensors which can be distingished by the alarm host.

The alarm host with back-up power feature can work with different RF accessories: remote controller, magnetic detector, infrared motion sensor, smoke detector, infrared photo beam sensor, emergency button, and wireless strobe siren, etc., which can be installed as per the user's specific needs. Set the alarm host on alarm status when you go out so that all the detectors monitor the various places while you are away. The system shall alarm automatically if a thief tries to break in, or smoke and fire breaks out, or other family members (i.e. elderly or children) pressed the emergency button.

When alarm is triggered, the system can call to your preset phone numbers or send SMS to alert and you can control the system operations in a remote distance. The site siren can give out loud sound to frighten the thief away and arouse the attention of the neighbors. The people answering the designated phone can arrive at site in seconds or take corresponding actions to safeguard you and your assets. The alarm system has 1,000,000 inlet RF pin sets, as a result, it obtains very high reliability and safety. Since automatic RF recording technology is adopted, users may easily add various wireless accessories to the system by themselves. The operation and installation are very easy to make home / office security achievable in minutes.

PACKAGE CONTENTS (ALARM SET GL8088D)

1 x secBo SB-GL8088 Tri-Band (GSM900/1800 MHz) GSM-SMS Alarm Main Unit [SB-GL8088]
    2 x Metal Remote Control [SB-88X]
    5 x Wireless Door Sensor [SB-87B]
    3 x Wireless PIR Motion Sensor [SB-80]
    1 x Wireless Smoke Detector [SB-93]
    1 x Wireless Indoor Siren [SB-103W]
    1 x Wireless Outdoor Twin Piezo Strobe Siren [SB-103HK]
    2 x Wireless Panic (Emergency) Button [SB-89]
    1 x Universal Power Adapter + Plug adapter (We provide power plug according to shipping country)
    1 x English User Manual
    Free Gift of your choice!! (2 Door Sensor or 1 PIR or 2 remote control or 1 metal remote control)
    3 x FREE Waterproof Security Alarm System Stickers to scare burglar away!! (Size: 175 x 105mm)

MAIN FEATURES

GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz frequency band (Tri-band)
    Integrated wireless alarm system
    Concise and elegant design with simple operating interface
    LCD Screen with date, day of the week, time, and current armed status indications
    With 30 wireless alarm zones, up to 4 sensors within each zone
    Can call / SMS to 5 phone numbers
    Allow 10 second message recording and playback the message on phone when alarm is triggered
    Can distinguish alarming information intelligently
    Memory function: information stored automatically when off power
    5 methods Arm/Disarm: Remote Controller, Host Keypad , Remote Controlling Keypad (optional), Telephone/Mobile phone, and GSM SMS
    Remote distance monitoring the background sound around the alarm system
    Partial Arm: press Partial Alarm button on the remote controller to set the alarm system in partial alarm status when somebody is home. Can group sensors to perimeter zone or motion zone.
    Automatic Resume Function: the settings of the alarm host remain unchanged as those information and status before the power cut and after the power supply resumes
    Back-up Power: to ensure the system's normal working all the time even if the external power supply is cut-off
    Emergency button: Panic Key support on the main unit as well as on the remote controls
    Password: 6 digits password gives a good operational security
    Nullification of RF accessories: protect you from losing a remote control by deactivating the lost item
    With PET IMMUNE PIR motion detectors (<10kg)

ALARM HOST SPECIFICATIONS

Working voltage: 100 ~ 240VAC
    Operating power: 12VDC
    GSM Frequency: 900/1800/1900 MHz
    Wireless Frequency: 433MHz
    Static Current: ≤ 80mA
    Alarm Current: ≤ 500mA
    GSM Transmission Power: 2W
    Dial method: Double audio frequency
    Operating environment: Temperature: 10 to 45°C; Humidity: < 80%
    Maximum available quantity of remotes and keypads: 8 PCS
    Maximum available quantity of wireless accessories: 112 PCS
    Dimension: 180*120*40 (mm)

That is quite an impressive amount of text to describe what in standard in the most basic of alarms. Still no mention of standards.
    When you see them making a drama out of stickers to scare the burglars away you know there is nothing special. Of stickers scare burglars why do we need alarms?
    As always, you get what you pay for.

• Advertisement

a sure the joys of known the ins and out of alarm systems
    when i installed my system it looks good enough triggers when doors or windows opens and motion sensors detect motion
    the main unit also has a back up battery
    pet proof

so what standards should ya look for in them what does en50131 mean

Parts of EN50131 is based on the knowledge of alarms a potential burglar may have.
    This is broken up into grades 1-4.
    Your standard house alarm would be grade one or two.
    These are fairly basic standards .If a system doesn't conform you need to all why.

Advertisement