Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The C&H Christmassy Thread of Christmas! - No Grinches Allowed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Christmas music on he Sky TV Guide :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Toy show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

They've got an alpine print onesie in Penneys, and I'm sersiously considering buying it for Christmas day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My mum just told me to pick something for me to get from her to christmas if I like it or not, so, present here I come :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

One for everyone in the audience! :)

That's a shot :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I really like this cover, odd it's not on his new album.

Anyways, let it snow dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

We're putting up our Christmas Treeee!! I said it's be up by the weekend ;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I walked through Waterford today at like half 4. Normally I'm only in town really early or really late, there were tons of people and Christmas music and the carousel was going and everyone looked so happy :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I walked through Waterford today at like half 4. Normally I'm only in town really early or really late, there were tons of people and Christmas music and the carousel was going and everyone looked so happy :)

I was by the carousel at half 4 today... I was one of those people amidst the crowds :')

deise_girl wrote: »
    I was by the carousel at half 4 today... I was one of those people amidst the crowds :')

Damn, I coulda seen you :p

If it snows at all this year the first thing I'm doing is going on the carousel!

• Advertisement

Damn, I coulda seen you :p

If it snows at all this year the first thing I'm doing is going on the carousel!

So close but so far </3
    Omg that would be amazing, even in crappy snow Id say it'd be so pretty..
    I love with with all the little lights tho, the one time Waterford looks good! :)

So close but so far </3
    Omg that would be amazing, even in crappy snow Id say it'd be so pretty..
    I love with with all the little lights tho, the one time Waterford looks good! :)

I know, it'd be deadly :) I meant to do it last year but I forgot

They look so nice, and there's so much music and stuff, I love Christmas music!!

I plan on going ice skating on the 14th, can't waaait, it looks so fun :D

I know, it'd be deadly :) I meant to do it last year but I forgot

They look so nice, and there's so much music and stuff, I love Christmas music!!

I plan on going ice skating on the 14th, can't waaait, it looks so fun :D

I went today, omg I was horrific at it (LIKE REALLY) but its so fun, just that it was so packed which is both nice and awful, but they were blaring the pop choons too! I recommend it tho :D

I went today, omg I was horrific at it (LIKE REALLY) but its so fun, just that it was so packed which is both nice and awful, but they were blaring the pop choons too! I recommend it tho :D

I'd say I'll break myself...but I'll have fun doing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

My tree is up <3 And everything is all christmassy and all the decorations are up.. Everybody shoyld put up pictures of their tree to see who has the best one :cool: I want to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I will put one of my trees up tomorrow night, I haven't had time the last few days because the trade fair is tomorrow and I've been dead busy the last week :/

But anyway, We have the 2 trees up and little things around the house but still have most of the stuff to put up, like the outside stuff, the window stuff, the stair stuff and more, they usually all get put up in a day but my dad's been working more this year so it seems to be taking aaaaged to do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Our main tree, the little tree in my room, and almost all our decorations are up :D and the final tree will be going up tonight! I can't waaaaaaaaaaait...

Oh and I have a question for all you Christmas-minded people...
    So in my house, Santa always filled my stocking, so when he stopped coming I stopped getting a stocking. This year, just because I like them, I'm doing stockings for my parents, but it's been so long I can't remember - are the things inside the stocking individually wrapped? Or are they just put in it unwrapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

It's the 8th today, so isn't this like, the official start of Christmas?
    Or if you're a culchie like me, the day you are meant to go into the big towns and do your Christmas shopping :D
    Though my family never really done the whole shopping on the 8th thing.. I guess it's a bit too early yet to be doing all the shopping.
    But oh I can't wait for Christmas this year, just chillin' and eating tasty food and listening to cheesy Christmas tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

17 days!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

jorges wrote: »
    It's the 8th today, so isn't this like, the official start of Christmas?
    Or if you're a culchie like me, the day you are meant to go into the big towns and do your Christmas shopping :D
    Though my family never really done the whole shopping on the 8th thing.. I guess it's a bit too early yet to be doing all the shopping.
    But oh I can't wait for Christmas this year, just chillin' and eating tasty food and listening to cheesy Christmas tunes.

So that's why town was so busy today!

Feckin' culchies >.>

Culchies always cause hassle in a city. Worst is when there is some backwater team playing in Pairc Uí Choímh and there are a bunch of lunatics who dont understand the concept of traffic or going slow >_>

Culchies always cause hassle in a city. Worst is when there is some backwater team playing in Pairc Uí Choímh and there are a bunch of lunatics who dont understand the concept of traffic or going slow >_>

My college friends from the country don't seem to understand the concept of traffic. They constantly just go to wander across the street in front of cars.

Still not in a Christmas mood, it's depresssing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Namlub wrote: »
    Still not in a Christmas mood, it's depresssing

Find half naked non old & fat santa. Sorted

It was (the unofficial) WIT Christmas day last night :)

• Advertisement

It was (the unofficial) WIT Christmas day last night :)

I know :mad: Feckin students!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    My college friends from the country don't seem to understand the concept of traffic. They constantly just go to wander across the street in front of cars.

Dublin roads are impossible to cross. Motorists aren't easygoing like in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

So that's why town was so busy today!

Feckin' culchies >.>

Incidentally, both of ye would be classified as culchies. Feckin Wicklow and Cork people thinking they're Dub's :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

yeah, Galway motorists easy-going...pull the other one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

My only experience of traffic was Cavan. They have one way streets. I still have trouble looking both ways.

• Advertisement

Opps lads, sorry about starting a discussion on culchie behaviour in here..
    >.>

But sure we're not that bad :P So wishing you all a very culchie Christmas :D

I watched The Holiday last night and got in a really Christmassy mood and played Fairytale Of New York several times but now that mood seems to be gone and I don't feel Christmassy anymore...

Incidentally, both of ye would be classified as culchies. Feckin Wicklow and Cork people thinking they're Dub's :P
    We would be classified as culchies by Dubs indeed. But Dubliners are silly

I know :mad: Feckin students!

The Foundry doesn't open until half 11 and there were people queuing outside from half 9 :eek:

The Foundry doesn't open until half 11 and there were people queuing outside from half 9 :eek:

So I heard from the people walking down my road screaming at 10. :pac:
    There was 3 of them and the road was silent. Why shout? :confused:

I havnt been able to get into the festive spirit at all yet this week cozza sickness.. I will soon tho, by god I will.. People wont know what hit them when they see the mass of Christmas spirit that I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm in a super festive Christmas mood. :D Compared to last year, when it took until 11 PM on Christmas Eve to feel in any way Christmassy, this is pretty good. :) And our tree isn't even up yet...

This day two weeks I shall be finished school and I'll be able to feel truly Christmassy. It's going to be amazing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

doesn't feel like the countdown for xmas at all.....
    Maybe it's coz I'm still in college and i've exams and stuff. I dunno..
    Hopefully when I go home wednesday everyone will be christmassy and stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Finally got around to putting up the lights and tree :D YAY!

16 days :eek: Must start shopping soon :P

Here's my christmas tree, with some cool effects courtesy of a random iphone app

381640_2214312327148_1527754729_31644978_1677251010_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I don't feel Christmassy at all yet.. Maybe because I'm not at home.. This is quite depressing! :(

• Advertisement

Here's my christmas tree, with some cool effects courtesy of a random iphone app

Damn you instagram!!!!
    /shakes fist

Imma put up the tree and make my christmas list tomorrow. While eating mince pies and watching Love Actually. I WILL get into the Christmas spirit :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Christmas tree is up! :D Tis so purdee and sparkly, and I haz awesome tree decorations, including the cookie monster, feathery fluffy thingys and robins from 1950-something, I <3 Christmas :)

Hey lawds actually, a nice question/thinking about thing for yee.

Well in my house very little emphasis is put on the dinner. We have the turkey and ham, a bitta veg, done and complete.

But this year I wanna like push it a bit further, making soup for starter and something for dessert. But also thinking of sides of some kind with the meat (Iswell as gravy, by god the years without gravy are in the past) so im wondering, what do y'all have on offer to eat christmas dinner? :)

My mammy refuses to make me anything cause I'm awkward and don't eat the same as everyone else so I have one scoop of spuds on a plate...

But I do get to fill up on chocolate and crisps :D

Em, well we have roast spuds and roast carrots (and brussels sprouts as well but I don't eat them) and potato croquettes. I'd recommend them cos you can just buy them frozen in tesco or wherever and stick them in the oven, they are handy enough and taste nice! :)
    And then we have turkey, ham, stuffing and gravy with that. I'd say that would be about the normal Christmas dinner though, or maybe it is a bit big? I don't really know...

We usually have smoked salmon a few hours before as a starter/brunch kinda thing. Bitta trifle as a dessert cos you'd be too full for pudding or whatever. We had pannacotta last year though, twas nommy.

I fricking love christmas dinner

Hey lawds actually, a nice question/thinking about thing for yee.

Well in my house very little emphasis is put on the dinner. We have the turkey and ham, a bitta veg, done and complete.

But this year I wanna like push it a bit further, making soup for starter and something for dessert. But also thinking of sides of some kind with the meat (Iswell as gravy, by god the years without gravy are in the past) so im wondering, what do y'all have on offer to eat christmas dinner? :)

In my house I'm in charge of starters and dessert, my mum is still refusing to give up the main course :P

This year for the starter I'm going to make some pate and melba toast, probably do some crackers with it too.

Then I think for dessert I'm going to make a bailey's mousse, cos it's majorly yum and easy to make. Also, I can make both of them a day or two before, so if I'm working Christmas eve I'll still be able to make em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Well in my house very little emphasis is put on the dinner.

I actually really feel for you, Christmas dinner is the best thing ever. I've been looking forward to it since September.

We have a traditional type thing, my mam makes the nicest, yummiest vegetable soup ever with her own recipe that no one else can replicate quite as perfectly, then we have like turkey and ham, with veg, roast potatoes (no Christmas dinner is complete without them tbh) and potato croquettes (I dunno what my mam puts into them in the oven, but whatever it is, NOM) and gravy. Lots and lots of gravy. I'm actually not 100% sure what dessert is comprised of, seeing as I usually skip it, I shall research it...

This is only serving to remind me just how much I under-appreciate my mother. And that I'm so excited.

In other news, I had a friend from Italy once and her family eats pasta for Christmas dinner. Maaaaad. I wonder what everyone else eats. It seems I have some investigating to do.

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    In other news, I had a friend from Italy once and her family eats pasta for Christmas dinner. Maaaaad. I wonder what everyone else eats. It seems I have some investigating to do.
    Ha, I did this exact thing the other day. I feel bad for the countries who don't have a proper christmas dinner tbh

Advertisement