Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The C&H Christmassy Thread of Christmas! - No Grinches Allowed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

ya my sister soooo knew last year. But pretended just for the presents..

Myself and my other sister tried to convince the youngest one to maybe keep pretending for this year. But when you're 13 and started in secondary school, the parents kinda find it hard to believe at that stage :P

:pac: Can't say you didn't try! :P

So glad my parents are keeping it going. I dunno what I'd do if they said we wouldn't bother doing it. I'd have to adopt a young child or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I opened my presents before I went to bed and now I feel empty inside. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Slow Show wrote: »

Opening my presents in 12 hours! :D It'll be awesome. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

We open all the presents except Santa ones on Christmas Eve, so I'm half way through :cool: Prolonging the Christmassy goodness ftw :D

And ya, we still do the Santa ritual even though we're all between 19 and 28 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Opening my presents in 12 hours! :D It'll be awesome. :cool:
    :O

If you can wait that long you're definately a grown up!!

Im getting up around 9, presents, have a shower then off to Nana and Grandads :D

Pints over Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    :O

If you can wait that long you're definately a grown up!!

Dad has to work in the morning. :( So we're waiting until he gets home. :)
    Im getting up around 9, presents, have a shower then off to Nana and Grandads :D

I saw them on Wednesday. Check out Grandad's photo with Santa! :D
    Pints over Christmas?

Defo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Happy Christmas every body :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Been up 20 mins with my sister and 1 dog just staring in awe of presents.

I love this day, its just so special <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Awh, I've been up for like an hour now :D My little brother and sister are in awe too! My other brother who's 3 is yet to see what he got; he'll be soooo happy, his little face and reactions to Santa just makes my day <3 Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I got up ten minutes earlier then I usually would. Wow, lack of excitement :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My mum just had to come in and wake me. My family are going to be here in like 10 minutes. Damn work making me so tired and bed being so good.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Lads. The Santa in the Square was arrested the other night in front of kids fr stealing from women's handbags while they posed for photos. I love Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Happy christmas everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Absolutely stuffed! Delighted with my presents too :D

Merry Christmas Everybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Happy Christmas everyone! :D

Watching movies all day, oh yeahhhh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Merry Christmas! Hope Santa was good to yous all. Had the nicest dinner EVER :D I was up at like 6 to open my presents, probably a bit ridiculous for a 21 year old :P Got Daisy by Marc Jacobs which I've wanted forever <3

I made this for yous :)

7B0CFF150DB947248296476BF5D2E412-0000340195-0002680731-00800L-D96B20A23797406C8897C1C33566C4B8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Oh my God, so ridiculously full of dinner/mincepies/chocolate. Got amazing presents (Sopio cards, the snowman Pandora charm, books I've wanted forever) and got to spend basically this entire day on the couch. So happy! Merry Christmas C&Hers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Gah, this is gonna sound so soppy but Christmas today was soooooo brilliant.
    And it wasn't because of all the food or the presents I got but the way that everyone in the family, all the aunts and uncles and cousins were under one roof and had the craic :)

And me and my 2 uncles were the team who won the annual family quiz :P yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I just counted and over the last two days, I have had elevens cans of Coke. This is how I know it's Christmas. I'd be surprised if I still had stomach lining tbh. And I've definitely exceeded my calorie intake for the rest of the year, so very full, yet so much food just waiting to be eaten...

Good day though. :) 365 more sleeps to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Today was amazing.
    5th annual christmas day swim was conquered. Really weird weather today on the beach, surreal effect of heavy wind blowing sand around during the run-in...
    Family were being amazing as usual...
    And I actually like my ****ty presents. Yay for getting an ice scraper and a bag of Carambar! (carambar is awesome)

Good day though. :) 365 more sleeps to go...

It's a leap year next year! Don't know if it makes a difference and too lazy to find out :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

If I dont keep chanting "Stephens day is just Christmas part 2" over and over again I think Ill cry.

I dunno why but Christmas was amazeballs this year. Maybe coz last year we didnt have water for a week and everywhere just felt smelly.. Who knows?

LML&XMAS4evaXoxXOX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

St. Stephens day is a total anti-climax for me :(
    And I don't have any plans tomorrow night because my workplace said that they'll call me in if it gets busy so be prepared.
    Waaaaaahhh..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It's a leap year next year! Don't know if it makes a difference and too lazy to find out :pac:

366 sleeps :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I hope I'm not left alone to deal with the Wren Boys tomorrow. I don't have the patience for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I hope I'm not left alone to deal with the Wren Boys tomorrow. I don't have the patience for them.
    That still happens? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

fjsanchez wrote: »
    That still happens? :pac:

Yup. I made some load of money doing it when I was a kid. We don't kill birds anymore though, its just like trick or treating except you're being judged by your musical performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The what now?

Advertisement