Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In the Playpen: Jackobyte

• 17-11-2011 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭

Hello.

This is Jackobyte's Playpen. Here you shall ask him Questions, and he shall reply with answers.

Jack has contributed a lot to this wonderful forum.

He has given us great threads, such threads as The Religion Thread.

He has also given us the Regularly Updated IRC Quote Machine <.<

Jack is also an avid Photographer, having posted many times in the C&H Photography Thread, this is my favourite photo of his.

I first came across Jack in the Late Great JC 2011 OT Thread, where he offered us advice and talked about random stuffs like computers. He also regularly posts in our Great TY OT that is not regularly posted in >.>

I shall depart now.

Grill 'em Lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Ok, I'll start :P

Favourite Colour?

Furthest you've been from Home?

Isn't Louth the best?

Isn't Dundalk great?

Isn't Cark crap?

Limerick, hell?

Dream Job?

Favourite Food?

Ever gonna beat 7th? :P

Christmas? The most wonderful time of the year?

Favourite Number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

What camera you packin'?

How's the M50s?

Cravings for more cans?

How's limerick?

YA WELL?

CAUSE YAR LOOKING WELL.

How's school and what not?

MUSIC? D:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Hey Jack!

How's 5th year treatin' ya?

Things you miss about the JC?

Favourite artist?

Favourite dinner?

Favourite fruit?

Any survival tactics for staying alive in Limerick?

What's the weather like where you are right now?

Day or night?

Summer or winter?

Spring or Autumn?

If you could photograph any place in the world where would it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Herro!

You a fan of Friends?

If so, favourite character/quote/episode.

Favourite current TV show?

Favourite band?

Favourite song?

Play games? What you playing now if you do?

Subjects ya doing for the Leaving. Which is the biggest pain in the hole so far?

Favourite radio station/radio show/radio host?

Least favourite TV show?

A celebrity you would love to punch/murder?

That'll do for now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Jackobyte...

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

You have a free pass to kick three people in the hole, without any repercussions. Who will you kick, in the hole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Ok, I'll start :P

Favourite Colour?Green!

Furthest you've been from Home?Canary Islands by distance, Switzerland by culture.

Isn't Louth the best?Naaaa

Isn't Dundalk great?Naaaa

Isn't Cark crap?Can't be much worse than Limerick tbh

Limerick, hell?Not hell, just a general shithole. City centre is boring as f*ck,. I don't intend to stay here beyond the LC. To Dublin for college I'd imagine.

Dream Job?I have no idea tbh. I would love to be in a position to study animals' habits, a bit like Attenborough. Wikipedia tells me that this is called being a Natural Historian. So that. Then again, there are loads of other stuff I'd love to do. I'd be handier if what interested me and what I am academically good at consisted of a smaller intersection. I have no idea where I want to go with my life. :/ A career in Medicinal Chemistry also seems pretty cool though.

Favourite Food?Something Italian, a toss up between Spagetti Bolognese, Lasagna or Pizza.

Ever gonna beat 7th? :PI intend to top that table yet. >.>

Christmas? The most wonderful time of the year?Probably. Definitely up there, though as the years go by, the magic is beginning to be lost on me.

Favourite Number?23. I have no idea why but it seems to crop up in my life a disproportionate amount.
    marko93 wrote: »
    What camera you packin'?Canon 500D w/ 50mm F1.8. Also in the bag is an 18-55 kit lens and a 300mm Tamron lens. The nifty50 is my go-to lens though.

How's the M50s?Still treating me well, though they are that bit bulkier than I had hoped. I had expected them to be a bit more portable.

Cravings for more cans?Yup, I want to fix the portability factor. Portapro's are a maybe as they are nice and cheap but I still look at HD25-1 II's and say maybe. >.<

How's limerick?Ah, 'tis fine. Nothing great about it, and way too small. Mundane.

YA WELL?Not particularly, though better than I have been recently

CAUSE YAR LOOKING WELL.*closes curtains slowly*

How's school and what not?School ain't the worst, though I could do with a break. I think a lazy day with a serious case of man flu is in order soon. Generally enjoy it during school hours but disliking the homework at the moment. Not helped by my complete apathetic nature towards school work in the last few weeks, and my recently developed tendency to just not bother doing homework.

MUSIC? D:Most recently downloaded album was Snow Patrol's "Fallen Empire" but Damien Rice's albums has been getting lots of play time recently. And Villagers.
    M&S* wrote: »
    Hey Jack! Hey Mary!

How's 5th year treatin' ya?Generally pretty well now. Everything is so much more interesting than JC level and you are given that bit more space. Applied Maths is scary though.

Things you miss about the JC?The JC2010 OT thread, oh, and the free time due to not too much homework. Getting buried under it at the moment. :(

Favourite artist?Changes pretty regularly, depending on my mood and what is going on in my life. Villagers are amazing though, but I probably have more Muse on my mp3 than any other artist.

Favourite dinner?Imma say pizza...

Favourite fruit?Green seedless grapes, I can injest a dangerous amount in a very short period.

Any survival tactics for staying alive in Limerick?Make sure you wear expensive jewellery, fancy clothes, have a posh accent and keep mentioning loudly how much money you are carrying while walking through the heart of Moyross. That always worked for me. ;)

What's the weather like where you are right now?'Tis dry now but it'd been drizzling all day up until a few hours ago.

Day or night?I generally prefer the night. Love the cosy feeling that comes with nighttime

Summer or winter?Both have their ups and downs, but I am generally mentally happier in winter than in summer so winter gets the nod.

Spring or Autumn?Autumn, those brown leaves can make very pretty sights at times.

If you could photograph any place in the world where would it be?Moorea Island, Polynesia. It just looks amazing. Wouldn't say no to a trip to Machu Picchu either though.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Herro!\o/

You a fan of Friends?Not in the last 10 years. :/

If so, favourite character/quote/episode.Chandler.

The first google quote that made me half smile was:
    Joey: What the hell does a paleontologist need a beeper for?
    Monica: Is it, like, for dinosaur emergencies? "Help! Come quick, they're still extinct!"

Don't remember it that well. Was there one where Joey got stuck in a tuckey?

Favourite current TV show?Loved A Game of Thrones, probably the most recent show I've watched. Actually, Love/Hate on RTÉ. And Monty Hall's Great Irish Escape was pretty good on BBC there about 2 months back.

Favourite band?Have been dodging this question a bit but I'll say The Gaslight Anthems this time.

Favourite song?Hurricane by Bob Dylan or Ooh La La by Faces.

Play games? What you playing now if you do?Used to play loads, not so much in the last 12 months. Fifa 12 was my most recent purchase but my playthrough of the original Portal about a month and a half back was my most recent completion.

Subjects ya doing for the Leaving. Which is the biggest pain in the hole so far?The staples, Irish, English, Maths. Then Spanish as my language option and Biology, Chemistry, Physics as my others. Applied Maths outside school as well. All subjects are higher level.

In terms of test results, Physics is my worst but Biology is the most boring by a long shot. Applied Maths is interesting but not looking forward to our Christmas test. I'd imagine after our first test it will take Physics place as my lowest grade.

Favourite radio station/radio show/radio host?TodayFM and Ian Dempsey's Breakfast Show is the only radio I listen to.

Least favourite TV show?I refuse to be in the room when Nationwide is on. *shivers*

A celebrity you would love to punch/murder?Daithí Ó Sé could do with having his smugness wiped off his face but he hardly deserves to be called a celebrity.

That'll do for now. :)

I may be slow but I will try get around to answering everyone's questions. Bogged down with work at the moment.
    carlsaganexistence.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Favourite C&H mod? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

What's the craic?

Jump up and down!

Did you do it?

Why not?

What colour are your shoes?

What is directing to your right?

What was the last thing you ate?

What is the meaning of life?

Chinese food or Italian food?

Indeed there was an episode where Joey get's stuck in a turkey. :pac:

Your first games console?

Longest gaming marathon?

Favourite game of all time?

Least favourite C+H mod? :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

Jackobyte...

Why?Originally when I made it as a PSN ID in 6th class, it was a reference to the Jacobin movements, which I was studying in History at the time. The spelling was an adaption of the term "Jacobite" to include my name and interests without affecting pronunciation. (Jack + Tech)

You have a free pass to kick three people in the hole, without any repercussions. Who will you kick, in the hole?
    1. Dickhead in my school
    2. George W. Bush
    3. Simon Cowell
    Favourite C&H mod? :pac:None of them can fill the void in my life left by your departure. <3 :pac:
    Aoifey! wrote: »
    What's the craic?S'all good!

Jump up and down!*jumps*

Did you do it?*nods*

Why not?Damn, you got me. It would have caught attention

What colour are your shoes?I am currently wearing these as I'm in my school uniform
    3821-32.jpg

What is directing to your right?Window! :pac:

What was the last thing you ate?Savoury mince dinner

What is the meaning of life?We all know where we are going. Inevitably we all die. The meaning of life is to lead a full and happy life in the times between birth and death. It's all about the journey. :)

Chinese food or Italian food?Italian all the way! No question!
    Indeed there was an episode where Joey get's stuck in a turkey. :pac:

Yay!

Your first games console?Game Boy Colour, this one:
    gbc-retrodsfgalft.jpg

Longest gaming marathon?About 1pm to 9am the next morning at a friend's house.

Favourite game of all time?I've probably clocked up more hours on Pokemon Gold than any other game. :D

Least favourite C+H mod? :pac: :pac:No comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

WELL

Any sca?

Opinions on Dublin?

What is your preferred species of whale?

Favourite Religion?

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Premier Tito or General Nasser?

What subjects are you doing?

Favourite meal involving a Wok?

Can you use chopsticks?

JC 2K11 OT or TY 2K11-12 OT?

How's fifth year?

How many playpems have I forgotten? :pac:

Black or Gold? Black or Yellow?

Inniscara Dam or Hoover Dam?

Electric Shower or crappy old shower?

Pepsi or Coke?

Fanta or Club?

Favourite pizza topping combination?

Bottled water or tap water?

Futurama or The Simpsons?

South Park or Family Guy?

Superpower you'd most like to have and why?

The most recent boards username that made you smile (if any)?

AH or TCN?

Favourite smiley? ( doesn't necessarily have to be a boards one )

Country in the world you'd most like to visit/live in?

If you were sitting close enough to the TV to use the buttons, would you still use the remote?

Most disgusting thing you've ever eaten/drank?

Favourite sport to watch and favourite team?

Favourite comedian?

Harry Potter (books) Yay or nay?

Should they have stopped making Scrubs when Zac Braff left, or were the final seasons, while not reaching the heights of previous years, still worth watching?

Android or Iphone?

Mac or Windows?

WELLHow'ya!?

Any sca?Nothing at the moment

Opinions on Dublin?Much more photogenic than Limerick. And I much prefer the size. I hope to go to college there.

What is your preferred species of whale?Either Narwhals or Beluga Whales.

Favourite Religion?Pastafarianism! :pac:

Star Wars or Star Trek?Star Wars. I grew up through the Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith eras. Never watched Star Trek.

Premier Tito or General Nasser?Never heard of Nasser so I'mma say Tito

What subjects are you doing?Irish, English, Maths, Spanish, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with Applied Maths as an 8th subject outside of school. Doing all honours.

Favourite meal involving a Wok?Egg Fried Chicken Noodles

Can you use chopsticks?Nope. :P

JC 2K11 OT or TY 2K11-12 OT?I posted a lot more in the TY 2011 than JC so that one.

How's fifth year?'Tis a lot of work. Well, my subject choices are anyway.

How many playpems have I forgotten? :pac:Loads. :P

Black or Gold? Black or Yellow?Black; Yellow.

Inniscara Dam or Hoover Dam?Hoover Dam is some engineering feat in fairness. Its like 700ft high

Electric Shower or crappy old shower?Defo electric
    Pepsi or Coke?Coke

Fanta or Club?Club Orange

Favourite pizza topping combination?Pepperoni, Crispy Bacon, Ham, Spicy Beef and Jalapenos. I like my meats. :L

Bottled water or tap water?Gimme an Evian anyday

Futurama or The Simpsons?Ooh, tough choice. Simpson's for topical wit, Futurama for general entertainment.

South Park or Family Guy?South Park

Superpower you'd most like to have and why?Ability to become invisible. So I could just disappear sometimes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZq_jeYsbTs

The most recent boards username that made you smile (if any)?Can't think of any off the top of my head. :o

AH or TCN?AH

Favourite smiley? ( doesn't necessarily have to be a boards one )jerkit5.gif though boards could do with a specific facepalm one. conf45.gif

Country in the world you'd most like to visit/live in?Switzerland seemed pretty cool when I was there. Would love to go back in my own time and see more of it.

If you were sitting close enough to the TV to use the buttons, would you still use the remote?Buttons for tv are around the back so ya, it would be easier.

Most disgusting thing you've ever eaten/drank?First thing to come to mind is Coors light. It is horrendous. *gags* >.<

Favourite sport to watch and favourite team?MotoGP and Repsol Honda. :D

Favourite comedian?Don't watch that much stand up but Dara O' Brien and Des Bishop are generally amusing.

Harry Potter (books) Yay or nay?Defo yay!

Should they have stopped making Scrubs when Zac Braff left, or were the final seasons, while not reaching the heights of previous years, still worth watching?No, they were horrible without him.

Android or Iphone?Correct question would be Android or iOS which I would choose Android. I would take an iPhone over my current android phone though.

Mac or Windows?Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

When you subscribe, will you change your name to Jackobit? :pac:

When you subscribe, will you change your name to Jackobit? :pac:Not Jackobit. Jackobyt with a y maybe. Though if I was to change, I would probably look for a big change so people IRL who know about Jackobyte wouldn't be able to spot it as easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

How's she cutting'?

If you had a brand new combine harvester would you give me the key?

Favourite farm animal?

Least favourite farm animal?

Have you any idea why I'm asking such farm-related questions, 'cos I sure as hell don't!?

/farming questions

What do you miss most about the JC 2010 OT?

Ever been camping?

If yes, what'd ya think of it?
    If no, why not?

Play any musical instruments?

Anything you'd love to be able to play?

Favourite item of clothing?

Favourite pair of shoes?

Most expensive item of clothing you've ever bought?

How's she cutting'?Pretty damn well

If you had a brand new combine harvester would you give me the key?Nah...!

Favourite farm animal?Donkey

Least favourite farm animal?Chickens

Have you any idea why I'm asking such farm-related questions, 'cos I sure as hell don't!?Subconciously, you long to marry a farmer and are just testing the waters. :pac:

/farming questions

What do you miss most about the JC 2010 OT?Everything :( The posters, the constant chats, staying up stupidly late, always having someone online there.

Ever been camping?Only on school trips. Slept like a baby. :D

If yes, what'd ya think of it?T'was a great laugh to be fair. I'd love to go again
    If no, why not?

Play any musical instruments?I own 3 guitars. I'm not willing to say I can play them. :P

Anything you'd love to be able to play?Guitar. Or Piano. Or Violin. Any of those well known and recognizable instruments. Although recently I've discovered the magic of the theremin. They look amazing, I want one.

Favourite item of clothing?I have a blue cardigan I got in Jack Jones for Christmas 2 years ago. I still adore it

Favourite pair of shoes?Hmmm, toss up between my Dubes and my Quiksilvers.
    36884_large.jpg

Most expensive item of clothing you've ever bought?€99 Hilfiger Jumper I suppose. Or €105 on Dubarrys if you include shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Gaeilge?

Deutch?

How many languages do you know?

Ever been on a boat?

Opinion on this?

Favourite flavour of Taytos?

Pizza Hut/Dominos/Papa Johns? Or a local place?

Favourite Pokemon?

Opinion on the new generations of Pokemon(talking gen 3 onwards... Totodile, Cindoquill and Chicarita are cool. :) )?

Twitter? A great invention or a pain in the hole?

Curtains or blinds?

Electric or Gas cooker?

D'you have an electric/acoustic guitar? Both?

Can of coke or 500ml bottle? (Taste wise)

Carpet or wooden floors?

• Advertisement

Gaeilge?Is aoibhinn liom Gaeilge agus ba mhaith liom a bheith líofa sa todhchaí. I realise that is probably incorrect now. >.<

Deutch?Nein

How many languages do you know?Three: Irish, English and Spanish

Ever been on a boat?I own a kayak? :P I've been on ferries and a fishing boat.
    Opinion on this?It's just noise!?!

Favourite flavour of Taytos?Can't bate a bag of Cheyse ang Ungion

Pizza Hut/Dominos/Papa Johns? Or a local place?Papa Johns. Their base is lighter and less greasy.

Favourite Pokemon?Charmander!

Opinion on the new generations of Pokemon(talking gen 3 onwards... Totodile, Cindoquill and Chicarita are cool. :) )?So Totodile, Cindoquil and Chicarita are are generation 2? I don't know much after them tbh. Gold was the last game I played through fully. :o The only Generation 3 game I've played (am currently playing for the first time) is FireRed and I haven't came across any new Pokemon in that yet. I did play a bit of Platinum and HeartGold on the DS but didn't finish either. The magic just wasn't there.

Twitter? A great invention or a pain in the hole?I'm signed up but not a massive fan of it. It's not the most intuitive experience.

Curtains or blinds?Curtains

Electric or Gas cooker?Gas

D'you have an electric/acoustic guitar? Both?Both. One Greg Bennett designed Samich 3/4 sized acoustic, one acoustic Yamaha FG720S in DuskSunRed, one Jackson JS1R Dinky electric.

Can of coke or 500ml bottle? (Taste wise)It tastes better from a can. FACT!

Carpet or wooden floors?Wooden Floors

Charmander FTW!!!

^^^^^ one of the best scenes from the Anime ever. :) Charmander was my first Pokemon in Pokemon Red as well. :)

Not sure if Totodile and them are Gen 2 or 3, twas after them that they just started adding crazy Pokemon like Pseudo-Woodo (the tree pokemon :pac: ) and I stopped watching.

Did you ever catch 'em all?

Do you specialise in a type of Pokemon, or are you a Jackobyte of all trades?
    (See what I did there? :pac: )

Pokemon you've used in the most battles?

Digimon - Legitimate spin-off or blatant rip off?

Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny?

Team Rocket (Jesse and James' team) - evil, or just trying to get by, by whatever means necessary?

Chicarita or Bulbasaur?

In a real life situation, if you could stop your Pikachu from evolving into Raichu, would you? (In this scenario, the Pokemon does not really care, but the have reached a very high level and are ready to evolve.)

Same question, but with Charmander.

On a scale of 1-10 how nerdy have I come across by how enthusiastic I am about Pokemon?

Charmander FTW!!!

I had never noticed all those Animal Welfare messages when I watched it.

^^^^^ one of the best scenes from the Anime ever. :) Charmander was my first Pokemon in Pokemon Red as well. :)Aw, now I want to watch the rest of the episode. :(

Not sure if Totodile and them are Gen 2 or 3, twas after them that they just started adding crazy Pokemon like Pseudo-Woodo (the tree pokemon :pac: ) and I stopped watching.Totodile is generation 2 but so is Sudowoodo. I count up to 251 as being ok(up to the end of generation 2). Generation 3, and the jump to 386 Pokemon is when I lost interest.

Did you ever catch 'em all?No. :(

Do you specialise in a type of Pokemon, or are you a Jackobyte of all trades?
    (See what I did there? :pac: ):D Jackobyte of all trades. Generally have at least one water, one fire, one rock, one grass and one flying Pokemon in my party at all times.

Pokemon you've used in the most battles?Charmander and his evolved forms. He is strong against all but Water Pokemon.

Digimon - Legitimate spin-off or blatant rip off?Rip!

Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny?Nurse Joy

Team Rocket (Jesse and James' team) - evil, or just trying to get by, by whatever means necessary?Greedy and materialistic.

Chicarita or Bulbasaur?Chicarita. It's cuter.

In a real life situation, if you could stop your Pikachu from evolving into Raichu, would you? (In this scenario, the Pokemon does not really care, but the have reached a very high level and are ready to evolve.)Ooh... Pikachu is cooler than Raichu, so probably, if it has no ill effects on the Pokemon, yup.

Same question, but with Charmander.Same answer. :pac:

On a scale of 1-10 how nerdy have I come across by how enthusiastic I am about Pokemon?Somewhere about 8 or 9, but my ability to answer all these questions puts me at a 10 so it's alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Seeing as we're on the subject of pokemon now:

Did you ever have any other pokemon merchandise apart from the games themselves? Like I had a serious obsession with pokemon, I had the duvet covers, the t-shirts, the stickers, the cards, a watch, a board game and so much other stuff that I can't even remembre half of it.

Have you ever seen the Pokemon movie Mewtwo Strikes Back?

Have you ever done a marathon session of Pokemon?

Maybe you will when you see this website. :pac:

When playing Pokemon game, are you a cautious trainer, only taking part in a few battles before heading to the nearest centre for healing, or a darebevil trainer that keeps battling until your last Pokemon is about to faint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Do you hate or love me for showing you how to put Pokemon on your phone? (please don't hate me)

Seeing as we're on the subject of pokemon now:

Did you ever have any other pokemon merchandise apart from the games themselves? Like I had a serious obsession with pokemon, I had the duvet covers, the t-shirts, the stickers, the cards, a watch, a board game and so much other stuff that I can't even remembre half of it.Pikachu bag, Ash style hat, mad coloured Pokemon tshirt from Thailand.

Have you ever seen the Pokemon movie Mewtwo Strikes Back?If you ask no further questions, yes... yes I have. :pac:
    Have you ever done a marathon session of Pokemon?No

Maybe you will when you see this website. :pac:As if I wasn't unproductive enough already! :P

When playing Pokemon game, are you a cautious trainer, only taking part in a few battles before heading to the nearest centre for healing, or a darebevil trainer that keeps battling until your last Pokemon is about to faint?It's rare I ever get down to my last Pokemon in fairness, I am well stocked up on Revives and Super Potions. I run out of PP before HP for the most part.
    Colm! wrote: »
    Do you hate or love me for showing you how to put Pokemon on your phone? (please don't hate me)It has ruined me, though I set it up for my friend as well so we can be unproductive together. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

So, time's up for Jackobyte.. Next up: flyswatter. Thanks Jackobyte! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement