Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change account holder

Options
  • 17-11-2011 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi please for the love of god help, I've been living in my current house since April of this year, when i moved into the shared house the esb account was in the name of a previous tenant one prior to the people living in the house when i moved in, the bill was very high when i moved in, but as two new people took the place of my housemates, we have been paying off the bill as a replacement for our deposits, we have been slow paying it off but are nearly there. I recently found out for a college grant application that i need a bill in my name from October of this year, i have tried to ring esb but dont hear an option to talk to an actual person, iv seen the steps on the main site to change the account but would like to talk to someone as i am unsure of how to take the readings etc. also i never took a reading when i moved into the house, a lamens terms explanation would be nice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Superhero87 :)

No problem.

Steps on how to read a meter are here on our website.

And did you view this link in relation to putting a bill in your name?

If you also send me some details by private message, we can help you out further:

- The ESB Electric Ireland account number
    - The name/address on the account
    - Your own full name

All the best for now :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 33 superhero87

ya i figured out some of the readings and stuff there, but i seen that to change the acc into my name i would have to set up a direct debit, would i then have to pay the remander of the bill myself in one go?

Hi again Superhero87 :)

In order to prevent a direct debit being collected for the entire amount due by that date, manual payments can be made to the ESB Electric Ireland account - such as, for example, by Laser card or Visa debit card on our website, or online banking - in order to reduce the amount that will be taken automatically on the direct debit collection date.

Just allow a minimum of four working days to elapse between the last payment and the direct debit collection, in order to ensure the manual payments have fully cleared.

Regards,
    Una

i have just payed some of my bill, i got a conformation number, for paying but when i checked by phone it said the bill was completely paid, i new this couldnt be right, and thought it might take a few days to clear, when i checked my account number from the bill i realized the account number i was checking by phone was wrong, how can i double check with my payement number that it was paided to the right account

Hi again Superhero87,

If you could send me, by private message, the account number, the name of the account-holder, the address on the account, and a date of birth/telephone number on the account, I will look into this for you.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

hi im ok for that im pretty certain i paid the right bill, i was just wondering if i set up a direct debit will i be able to cancel it before money is taken out, it says you can cancel it at anytime on the ESB website.

Hi again Superhero87

Just to clarify: how did you make the payment?

Regards,
    Una

online, it was just when i made my second payment, that i realized that i had a bill infront of me when i paid the first, i only made the mistake when i was checking it by phone. also about cancelling the direct debit after setting one up, I only ask as (well mine and my house mates fault the bill was really high) I paid 540 euro in the last three weeks, 200 of my arrears before the last bill of 340 which i paid myself as neither of my housemates can afford to pay the last bill, and will not have the money to pay the next until after the holidays, which would out of my account on the twentieth of december (an expensive week not including bills) I looking to cancel the direct debit before that bill would come out of my account and maybe set up a payment plan, it would be paid off within a week two at most after that its just the week thats in it

Hi again Superhero87,

Thanks for giving me those details. Is it a case that you inputted the incorrect digits for the account number when making the payment?

Sorry for the questions - I just want to ensure that I have the correct information.

With regards to cancelling the direct debit and so on, changes like this being made to an account require authorisation from the named account-holder - is that yourself? If so, it might be best if we arranged to give you a call. For that, we would need the account details by private message (as outlined in one of my earlier posts).

Regards,
    Una

hey una, got sorted for everything, finally figured out the helpline ie how to talk to an actual person. thanks for all your help

• Advertisement

No problem at all Superhero87 - glad to read the issue was resolved.

If there was any noteworthy information given to you that you feel might be worth sharing with other viewers here, do post it up if it suits. :)

All the best,
    Una

i was just wondering when you can submit meter readings for your bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi superhero87,

You can submit readings anytime, but it's best to submit them when they're due to be taken by ESB Networks. This would usually be at a set time every two months, and varies from one area to another.

If you would like me to find out when would be the best time for you to submit meter readings, just PM me your account details and I can have a look. Alternatively, you can check your last bill; in the 'Billing Period' section on the first page, you'll see the dates the last readings were taken, for example, 22 Sep 11 to 21 Nov 11 (see here for a sample bill). This would mean your next reading won't be due until around the 21/22 January 2012. The ideal time to submit a reading would be a couple of days before this date.

Submitting readings can be done by ringing 1850 33 77 77, via email, or online here. With the introduction of our Meter Reading Apps, you can now also submit readings via your Smartphone. For more information on your meter and how to go about reading it, click here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement