Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas Treasure Hunt For Wife

• 17-11-2011 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All !

Firstly I am completly new to Boards.ie so apologies mediators if I have posted this in the wrong section...feel free to remove and redirect!

Now, I am looking to do a form of treasure hunt around the house for my wife on xmas morning which will involve me giving her one clue / poem which will lead her to the next present / clue poem and so on. I will have 7 presents in total and will be planting them around the house in 7 different locations. So, I need to put together 7 seperate ryhming poems / clues to guide her around the place....sad I know but just trying to be a little different this year smile.gif

I will be planting the pressies in these 7 locations:
    • Kitchen in drawer where placemats are kept
    • Kitchen in cupboard where tinned food are kept
    • Cupboard where the Central Heating is
    • Cubby Hole underneath Stairs
    • Underneath Xbox attached to some string (tickets)
    • In the Hot Press where towels are kept
    • In the storage press where cosmetics are kept
    I just need to come up with 3-4 line poems or rhyming riddles for each of these locations to include in notes that will lead her from one point to the next, if that makes sense? I am desperate at this kind of stuff so was just looking for some rhyming suggestions on each please or perhaps a push in the right direction...want this xmas to be perfect so appreciate any help smile.gif

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

One line of a riddle may be nicer (and easier) than a few rhyming lines.

Like something along the lines of "Seek the first where the protectors of the table dwell", but better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nthdub747

Thanks Fewcifur for that!!

Came up with the following but still stuck for something for "Under Stairs" and Under Couch (present will be attached to string so want to point that out)

1. Kitchen Drawers

Follow this clue to a place things can hide,
    Where spoons, forks and placemats reside.

2. Central Heating

Go to the place that helps keep us warm,
    Beside our eating and seating,
    This place we call our Central ???????

3. Dryer

Round and round for a spin, i help you keep things neat as a pin. A special present is yours to find, jump up now! Move your behind! Yes its the truth....don't think I'm a liar...to find your next gift, go to the ?????

4. Hot Press

Follow this clue to a very dark spot
    Where bedding and linen and towels may be got
    Go to the landing, go there yourself,
    The clue will be hidden up high on a ?????.

5. Under Stairs

6. Under Couch (Look for String)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They're not the most cryptic of clues. If you're basically telling her the answer most of the fun goes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nthdub747

True Pickarooney....got any suggestions? As you can see I'm really bad at this :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I don't know the layout of the house but it seems to boil down to 'open a load of drawers and presses'. If you spread them out a bit more you'll be able to make the suspense last a bit longer for starters and let you use more varied clues.

The tumble dryer one is a good starting point. You've already got 'liar' so if you work in 'pants on fire' you get the link to warm clothes.

Then you could mix it up a bit, e.g. print off the cover of this book but blur out the title and leave the author's name. She'll more than likely first have to look it up to find the name of the book and then find the actual present.

Then when she's looking for that one, lock the door under the stairs and make her work out a message whistled in Morse code to win her freedom and the next clue..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Cool idea. At first I thought the poster was looking for love in all the wrong places.
    'Xmas Treasure. Hunt For Wife.'

Advertisement