Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travelling with medication advice?

Options
  • 17-11-2011 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone im heading to New York next week im on alot of medication for a liver problem including steroids and immunosuppresants i have a letter from my GP and all the original boxing etc do you think i will have any problem at security.. i read about people just putting it in their luggage but id be afraid of it getting lost and having no tablets because i cant miss a dose?
    any advice be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

As long as you have a letter from your GP and are only bringing enough meds for the trip (ie not whole cases to potentially sell), you'll be fine. To be completely safe, make sure each box/ container of meds has your name and prescription info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Agree with Silja.....i had to bring prescription pain-killers with me on a trip when i was having back problems......customs did inquire about them, but as long as the prescription is on the bottle or box and includes you name, you should be fine

Advertisement