Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughtful yet useful gift for new mother?

Options
  • 17-11-2011 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking. :) My best friend is due her first baby on the 14th of January. I want to be her something nice, and well useful! I don't want to buy what everyone else will be buying her so is there anything ye can think of that she would really appreciate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

On the suggestion of someone here, I got my friend one of these baby hoodies. They are so cute, and apparently they're really handy and practical too!

I also got her some Lush goodies - I think it's nice to get her something for just her, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

my suggestion would be to make up a gift basket for her.. put in a lot of small things that shes sure to need. like baby wipes, and talc or course shes sure to have them but with a new baby they are the kind of things that will never go astray.. the beauty of making up the gift basket your self is that you can include lot of different things to make it different from anyone elses. you could also include bibs and socks and body suits (next do gorgeous ones). All practical items and your friend will appreicate that you took the time to make it yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

I had this same problem myself recently, I asked around (cos im a young man and know nothing about baby's/pregnancy/appropriate gifts for new mother etc) and I was advised to get her something for herself as usually the baby gets loads of gifts and the mother can often feel a bit left out. Nice to let her know she still special :D I went into that french shop (forget the name) where they do all the soaps and oils and stuff that lads like me dont have a clue about and the lovely and helpful girls put together a gift basket for her that I hope she'll enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I'd suggest giving her good quality food that can reheated really easily. A friend of mine brought us an Avoca lasagne and it was the best present we were given. It was great knowing that we could have a proper dinner with almost no effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I'd suggest giving her good quality food that can reheated really easily. A friend of mine brought us an Avoca lasagne and it was the best present we were given. It was great knowing that we could have a proper dinner with almost no effort.
    Saw the title and immediately thought of a dinner or a few if they've got freezer space :)

Do the washing up...

To do some of the daily chores for a while may well be really appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement