Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front panel audio connecting motherboard?

• 17-11-2011 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi everyone in the process of building my first pc. I have two questions one related to pc bulid and the other is general so I thought I'd put it there if its the wrong place please feel free to move moderator.

Question 1
    To connect the front panel audio to the motherboard I have been giving what looks like two audio jacks, as opposed to the little black pin things. Problem is there is nowhere to connect these on my motherboard. Any body know what I could do ?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW_jPd3d-iXgfJv1HWELjwLSeDTSMtqo3mpE1Oehy9bBCFvrdpWSRXvw25

Like that above

Question 2 :)

How do firewall a main executable. I don't even know what a main executable is. Have an idea but not too sure.

Thanks for reading any input would be great
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

What board have you got?

To sandbox an application use sandboxie, it'll totally isolate it from the OS when you run it. A main executable is the main file you run in order for a program to work and it could use several other files. For instance setup.exe would be the main executable when installing a program on a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭oorrccaa

Its an asrock 870

That what I assumed was the main executble. If I stop that from running ie sandbox it. Will that not stop the aplacation from working ?

Probally a dumb question

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The connector you use would be the HD audio/Possibly AC'97 header:
    xfi_extremeaudio_frontpanel2a.jpg.
    They go onto the corresponding location on the motherboard.
    Those Black and Red auxilary inputs are for a different purpose I would imagine

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    The connector you use would be the HD audio/Possibly AC'97 header:
    xfi_extremeaudio_frontpanel2a.jpg.
    They go onto the corresponding location on the motherboard.
    Those Black and Red auxilary inputs are for a different purpose I would imagine

Nick

Thats what I was expecting to get. I have 9 pin connectors for the front panel usb. Though I got this( red and black auxilary input)

Really dont know what there for. Should I just order a new fron pannel thing from ebay there cheap.

• Advertisement

oorrccaa wrote: »
    Thats what I was expecting to get. I have 9 pin connectors for the front panel usb. Though I got this( red and black auxilary input)

Really dont know what there for. Should I just order a new fron pannel thing from ebay there cheap.

I'd say that would be your best bet, my only thought is that certain high end sound cards use that connector instead, but I have never come accross this before, what case is it, did it come with those two connectors?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    I'd say that would be your best bet, my only thought is that certain high end sound cards use that connector instead, but I have never come accross this before, what case is it, did it come with those two connectors?

Nick

Yeah maybe though the case isn't that new looking.

Got it second hand on adverts Its just a transparent one. Dont know the name. You couldn't answer my other question could you its about internet speed for gaming. Thanks a mil

oorrccaa wrote: »
    Yeah maybe though the case isn't that new looking.

Got it second hand on adverts Its just a transparent one. Dont know the name. You couldn't answer my other question could you its about internet speed for gaming. Thanks a mil

It looks like your previous question has been answered :) . It could well be the previous case owner had a different sound card and thats the connector it used, I'll be honest though I've never seen it before!

Nick

Thanks a mill nick :)

Advertisement