Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this laptop any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

i just bought a laptop in harvey normans today, and i think it was pretty decent value. it was 549 and it has a the i5 processor which is a step up from the one you have shown, it has 6gb or ram compared to 3gb on your one and also it has a 500gb hard drive compared to 320
    its a lot better value than this one if you ask me.
    oh yeah the laptop is an acer aspire 5742
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/acer-5742-2.html
    thats pretty much the same one, but the one i got in store has upgraded processor, ram and hard drive..

sorry it has a smaller hard drive but the processor and ram make up for that

yes i said that at the end of my post..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I bought the same laptop as you op about 3 months ago in argos. I got 4gb RAM and 500 gb hard drive but a slower processor (Dual core 2.10) but I use my laptop for about all the same stuff you said and its perfect for it .
    Got it for 450 I think in argos with a years subscription to mcafee internet security .
    Not sure if there still there. All in all the laptop build quality is good and I haven't had any problems yet.

Also I had an acer before and so did a friend of mine both laptops broke well before what should be considered a good laptop life span. I had mine 2 years he had he less than that anyway. Heard a few stories about them being unreliable maybe some other people could tell you if they had problems with acers. Just my 2 cents could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 crk.ie

I deal with many laptops in my work and I think this is actually pretty descent value. First of all the Brand is quite descent (you could obviously get a better spec ACER or eMACHINE for the same price) but with Toshiba you are getting a lot of extras like free programs etc.
    This computer will do you for what you are planning to do. You will find it ideal for browsing, online gaming and videos.

You have to be aware that this is not high performance gaming laptop.

3GB of RAM is plenty to run Windows 7 smoothly and 320GB will do you for downloading music and videos. For example 300 GB is approx 430 movies from internet, and this is a lot of watching ;]

• Advertisement
Advertisement