Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer netbook memory

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

This is what you should have bought
    http://www.memoryc.com/memorystorage/ddr2sodimm/2gbgskillddr2sodimmpc25300667mhzlaptopmemorymodule.html
    It has the same specs as the original memory. The one you bought is rated faster so it may be causing the issues although I couln't say for certain. Have you tried replacing the original chip and seeing if the problem goes away? If so then you could almost certainly say the new RAM is causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

the reboot has only happen when i left the netbook idling. i just finished running the windows memory diagnose twice and no issues were found.
    i use acer support to find the memory, and this one came out
    http://store.acer.com/store/aceremea/html/pbPage.ProductFinder?Locale=en_GB&utm_source=SupportLocal&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Acer%2BInternal&resid=TsTxkgoHAtUAAAOgRBsAAAAp&rests=1321529746620

would the memory i have installed on my netbook cause damage to it?

It won't do any damage but it may cause more crashes and freezes if its incompatible with your system.

will it be any performance differences between Pc2-6400(800MHZ) and the Pc2-5300(667mhz).

should i send it back and get the right one?

google says that the motherboard will downclock the memory to 667.
    would ye definitely recommend changing the memory stick with the Pc2-5300 667Mhz?

many thanks

• Advertisement

I would change based on the fact the faster memory is redundant as your system cannot make use of it and reverts back to the 667. After all I wouldn't spend the extra money on a USB 3.0 memory stick when I onlu have 2.0 sockets. Having said that you should download and run memtest to check the RAM for errors.

mordeith wrote: »
    I would change based on the fact the faster memory is redundant as your system cannot make use of it and reverts back to the 667. After all I wouldn't spend the extra money on a USB 3.0 memory stick when I onlu have 2.0 sockets. Having said that you should download and run memtest to check the RAM for errors.

just finished the memtest and no errors.
    contacted memoryc and no bothers changing it for the right one

ldr wrote: »
    just finished the memtest and no errors.
    contacted memoryc and no bothers changing it for the right one

Decent of em. Hopefully will sort the problem. Just make sure that the replacement chip is seated fully when you install it (without forcing if of course ;))

this is what the sticker of the original 1Gb memory card it says:

1Gb 2RX16PC2-6400S-666-12

doesnt this mean the memory i have bought is right for it?

Advertisement