Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Your mum sounds amazing KA!

My mum is going to mind my little one when I can get back to work again. She's in her mid 60's and dying to see her 1st grandchild!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

notsobusy wrote: »
    Your mum sounds amazing KA!

My mum is going to mind my little one when I can get back to work again. She's in her mid 60's and dying to see her 1st grandchild!

My mum has minded my 11 yr old since i went back to work when she was 3. Now that number 2 is on the way, i'm not sure if she wants to be asked...or doesnt want to be asked..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I got a pack of babygrows, a pack of muslins and two of the cellular blankets.... I have alot of vests already: and I know I'll want pinks if it is my little girl and if its not and its my little boy I'll want blues!! I just counted my muslins: I have like 30: i really think thats enough?! I also have thicker burping clothes too (guiney's!!)... I would have bought more babygrows but all the rest of the 0-3 were gone. The sleepsuits are perfect quality Ginny: better than Penney's tbh. They are longer then stuff from Dunnes/Penneys/Guineys: a good two inches longer at least in the case of the Penney's ones!

I have 4 cellular blankets... is that enough?

Both my parents and my parents in law work so we have no choice there... it will be either creche or a child minder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

My OH is out of work so he will mind baby while I'm on my work placement next year, and whenever he can't, my mam would only be too happy to mind her 1st grandchild,
    This will be Oh's Mam's 11th grandchild, so its not quite as a novelty for her.

Heartburn is killing me the past few days. on way to shop for more rennies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    My OH is out of work so he will mind baby while I'm on my work placement next year, and whenever he can't, my mam would only be too happy to mind her 1st grandchild,
    This will be Oh's Mam's 11th grandchild, so its not quite as a novelty for her.

Heartburn is killing me the past few days. on way to shop for more rennies

It's grandchild no 10 in my family and the first for OH family. Completely different reactions in the two houses!
    My sis is going to be the primary carer and OH mam is going to look after the baby a day or two per week. My sister's youngest is 12, so she can't wait for my baby!

I'm only buying what I need for the first few days too cyning, like you I know I'll want pinks or blues once baby is here!

It must be heartburn season or something. Mine was fine for a few weeks but the last few days I've been hopping off the rennie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

kildareash wrote: »
    It's grandchild no 10 in my family and the first for OH family. Completely different reactions in the two houses!
    My sis is going to be the primary carer and OH mam is going to look after the baby a day or two per week. My sister's youngest is 12, so she can't wait for my baby!

I'm only buying what I need for the first few days too cyning, like you I know I'll want pinks or blues once baby is here!

It must be heartburn season or something. Mine was fine for a few weeks but the last few days I've been hopping off the rennie!

Think the babys are pushing up our stomach, got the fruity ones, have eaten a whole sachet

Just ran into aldi quickly. Bought the last 2 packs of muslin cloths. The last white cellular blanket. And 2x 0-3 months vests and baby gros. Didn't want to buy too much clothes wise as I will want to get blue/ pink once baby arrives.
    But happy with my quick dash.
    Now off to the hairdressers for my transformation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

silly wrote: »
    Anyone get to Aldi during the lunch??

I didnt bother - i was too hungry and i even got a portion of chips to have with my lunch..something i never do!

I'm OFTEN eating things that I never usually eat and at random times. Yesterday I had a massive packet of crisps just before leaving work & normally I'll only have crisps weekend evenings (salt & vinegar crisps mixed in with popcorn... actually any crisps mixed with popcorn)

I'm so hungry now!
    She has practically reared all the others and looked after them while their parents worked . She was a bit disappointed that we weren't considering her for child care buy the woman is in her 70's, looks after my dad and is carer for my down syndrome niece for a few hours every week.

She sounds like an absolute gem! True Irish mammy.

Fingers crossed there is something left in Aldi Maynooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Twomums I hope you had a brilliant day :)

OH got three blankets in Aldi today and polka dot table cloth they also had on offer, I got more excited about that lol!!

Anyone else get the pampers pregnancy week emails?

This week recommends melon for heartburn! Im just on the phone now but I'll link the page when I get a chance. Melon?! Never wld have thought of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

This week recommends melon for heartburn! Im just on the phone now but I'll link the page when I get a chance. Melon?! Never wld have thought of that.
    I signed up ages ago and get the emails but still haven't received the pack they send out..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I went a bit nuts at Aldi, we have loads clothes wise already from my niece and husband's nephews, so I got:
    4 fleece blankets
    4 cellular blankets
    4 hooded towels
    6 3 packs of muslin cloths
    6 2 pack of Tommy Tippee Soothers
    4 5 packs of socks
    1 bio oil equivalent
    3 packs of newborn nappies
    1 pack of newborn size 2 nappies

I think I have a problem!

Robinc wrote: »

I signed up ages ago and get the emails but still haven't received the pack they send out..

I haven't got the pack either. Think they send them out between 28 and 32 weeks.

Yeah I'm nearly sure it's 32 weeks for the pack.

I thought I was signed up to the pampers thing, but I haven't been getting any emails so I'm obviously not signed up!! Will do it tomorrow if it's not too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I thought I was signed up to the pampers thing, but I haven't been getting any emails so I'm obviously not signed up!! Will do it tomorrow if it's not too late!

You have to sign up by 32 weeks but you could always adjust your dates by a week or so if needed!!

cyning wrote: »

You have to sign up by 32 weeks but you could always adjust your dates by a week or so if needed!!
    Ah that's grand, I'm only 30 weeks.

Maybe you are signed up but opted out of the emails or something?

All the baby stuff washed and most of it dried. Just have to sort out what i need to
    Pack now.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thanks to everyone who wished us both well today :) it was very sweet & much appreciated :)

We had a wonderful day...it zoomed by! Shattered tonight & have to start planning the big celebration for next year now :D

So now we are all legal :) I am looking forward to updating my partner as my legal next of kin next week at the consultants! So nice to finally be able to do that after 11 years together :)

Thanks again all...it was def worth missing the aldi bargains for ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Congrats 2 mums :-) its like a fairytale :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who wished us both well today :) it was very sweet & much appreciated :)

We had a wonderful day...it zoomed by! Shattered tonight & have to start planning the big celebration for next year now :D

So now we are all legal :) I am looking forward to updating my partner as my legal next of kin next week at the consultants! So nice to finally be able to do that after 11 years together :)

Thanks again all...it was def worth missing the aldi bargains for ;)

I'm happy for you :-D

I wake up at 6,30am and I can't fall a sleep again. This is my day off :-/

at least I will have a chance to sleep afternoon :-D

Congrats Twomums, delighted for you. Enjoy the planning :)

Congrats TwoMums!! As a fairly newly wed myself (8 months) I know the feeling you have waking up this morning..there is nothing like it..I love being married!!

Maybe you are signed up but opted out of the emails or something?

yes, just tried to register and they told me i already did..
    Got my letter from the Maternity Benefit section saying they got my application..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Welcome to the married club. Absolutely delighted for your both - hugs to you and your brand new Mrs :)

We're only 9 months married, I'm still a bit shocked that we'll have a baby before our 1 year anniversary - I always thought it would take longer (especially with hubby's frequent travel) but he was confident that he had 'super sperm'... guess he was right! :D

I have my scan today, so i guess i'll find out if my fears of giant babies are well founded. Woke up at 5 with a migraine, it has started to ease off now, but i'm hoping we won't have too long a wait in the hospital.

I'm the same Ladies, married 8 or so months, Twomums it must be fantastic to be able to update everything now!! Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ah most of you are newly weds or engaged!

I'm married 10 yrs this September, I was a child bride though - I was just turned 20 & he was 21 I think! Everyone thought I was pregnant & it was a shotgun wedding, little did they know we wouldn't start procreating for another 10 full years :pac:

Our relationship moved very very fast and we were practically engaged after a month of being together. An opportunity came up to immigrate for a couple years but was going to be a lot easier for visa's if we were legally married so we did the registry office thing, very very small affair, couldn't have cost more than a grand (my dress was from Monsoon & our wedding rings were silver rings that cost 12 quid haha).

We told extended family we'd have a proper wedding when we got back but that never happened. We might have a big party for our 10th anniversary though! Love him even more now then I did 10yrs ago & we're closer [/soppiness]

Anyway, by 6.30pm last night my Aldi had one pack of muslins left and no sleep suits in newborn size :(. However I got 2 cellulars, 1 fleece, 2 pr baby shoes, 2 packs socks, 1 pack muslins so I'm happy in my nappy with that for now

Kash wrote: »

We're only 9 months married, I'm still a bit shocked that we'll have a baby before our 1 year anniversary .

We are the same! I think our priest, who married us, is a bit suspicious though, i meet him every few weeks after sunday mass and he says things like, are you sure you're not due until july? And one day I didnt go to mass, but my mom went with my daughter and they met the priest and he was asking had i had my baby..
    He's a young priest and a bit of craic really.
    But i was thinking, if i did happen to go early he'd prob be a bit suspicious..

Mink wrote: »
    Ah most of you are newly weds or engaged!

I'm married 10 yrs this September, I was a child bride though - I was just turned 20 & he was 21 I think! Everyone thought I was pregnant & it was a shotgun wedding, little did they know we wouldn't start procreating for another 10 full years :pac:

Our relationship moved very very fast and we were practically engaged after a month of being together. An opportunity came up to immigrate for a couple years but was going to be a lot easier for visa's if we were legally married so we did the registry office thing, very very small affair, couldn't have cost more than a grand (my dress was from Monsoon & our wedding rings were silver rings that cost 12 quid haha).

We told extended family we'd have a proper wedding when we got back but that never happened. We might have a big party for our 10th anniversary though! Love him even more now then I did 10yrs ago & we're closer [/soppiness]

awww, thats a sweet story. My brother married a girl he only knew a few months, they are only married a year now, but she lives in america and he lives here (he's waiting for his visa) if they end up with a story like ye , we would all be very happy for them.

• Advertisement

I'd actually love to surprise everyone and get married when we have the baby christened. But I think both families wld kill us, if we did. It's also not really practical because two of my brothers live in England and I know they won't be home for the christening if we have it in August.

I was supposed to be losing weight so we cld get engaged (I know that sounds very vain, but I wanted to be happy in myself) but I got pregnant half way through that plan!

OH doesn't want to leave it too long before we get married tho. So we're thinking maybe 2014, as that will give us a bit of time to save. OH has a big extended family, so we're looking at a minimum off about 150 people! And that's just immediate family and our closest friends.

Woke up with a pain of my knee this morning! I feel like I'm falling apart. Starting pregnancy yoga next tuesday. Can't wait, just hope I feel some benefits from it otherwise the next nine or ten weeks are going to be hell.

Advertisement