Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kildareash - at least that's good info re pethidine but if you have decided you need pethidine as gas & air ain't cutting it then what do you do for the final four hours :)

I think (and I am no expert) that how quick you are up & about depends on how much drug they need to give you to keep you pain free...so I guess if you only need a small dose then it will wear off earlier than if you need a large dose! Today we were shown the machine that administers the drug...the anaesthetist sets how many drops you get per hour (or something like that) & that some women need less drops than others :) I believe they can let it wear off towards the end of labour but don't quote me on that :D

I have no idea what I want except that I am not ruling out an epi :) I don't really like the side effects of pethidine...I have managed to not need paracetamol so far (I would totally take it if needed) so would prefer not to drug my baby so late in the day but sure who knows what will happen on labour day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

My mam had my sister 6 years ago and she only had time to get the epi on her(the rest of her labours were too quick).
    Anyway she said she got up and got a shower half an hour later because they let it wear off nearing the end, she said she felt the contractions but not the pain- I'm hoping for this.

Put this question to ya's, would ya prefer a really really quick painful labour or a moderatley long(say 11 hours) with an epu..

I wouldn't mind labouring like my mam, I was born within 6 hours from her first pain, my two bro's were 4 hours and my sister was 8 hours

Trions - glad to hear you got a good run down on all the options :) sorry if I had a mini rant :D

We did go for the uppababy (along with the BeSafe car seat & base) in Cole which is a slate/petrol blue type colour...nice neutral colour as I want the wallaboo foot muff in lime green & other bright colour accessories so nothing should clash :) we haven't picked it up but I'm hoping to be very happy with it :D Out of all the systems it seemed to meet all our needs! It is one of the lighter ones although I don't find any of them overly light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I plan only gas and air
    tried it few times at dentist while back and it was great
    of course during labor I may change mind, but as general I don't want to take epi.
    I hurt my back few years back and my spine is not in great condition around epidural place - so it is quite risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Robinc wrote: »
    I think its easier for a midwife to deliver the baby if you haven't had the epidural as you can feel all the pushing, under epidural your pushing but not sure if your doing it right cause you can't feel a thing (just the way I want it!)... I think I'm an expert cause I've watched so much one born lol..

The guy I was chatting to today said his wife could still feel the urge to push and a friend who had a baby in jan said it took the edge of the pain but she still knew when she was having contractions.

I'm buzzing after the rugby and it's the first time during the pregnancy that I actually wanna go out on the session! We went out to watch the match but I came home a while ago coz OH had to go into work for a while. Even tho everyone else was getting merry I was happy with my water! Might go out when he's finished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Aww our friends newborn baby girl lily is just beautiful. I literally cannot wait to have zoe in my arms , hurry up 7 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Pethidine makes me drowsy but not "drunk" feeling if that makes sense: I'm petrified of the epidural so don't know what I'm going to do! One thing i know for certain is the second they come offering anti-nausea stuff I am taking it :D

Mink your a star for setting up the facebook group!

Twomums no way a facebook group will let this thread die :) : but it is lovely to put names to faces without worrying that someone is going to cop who you are and go trolling through your past posts to see what your talking about (I don't really post in the Kerry forum anymore thanks to one particular poster at that!!)

I finished knitting my baby blanket: so now i'm off to youtube how to crochet to crochet a trim around my baby blanket: so proud of myself I am not ANY good at knitting I don't know how I finished it :P

Aw, that's great Cyning.
    I keep threatening to re-start knitting a little teddy I started last September! I'm a disaster.

kildareash wrote: »
    Aw, that's great Cyning.
    I keep threatening to re-start knitting a little teddy I started last September! I'm a disaster.
    Kildareash I'm trying to finish blanket I started in Feb but it is going slowly. At least I found knitting club in my area so I 'm planinng to join soon :-).

Anyway I wake up 30 min ago and I'm trying to convince myself that 3 am it is not good time for pancakes ;-)

Its 6am now... I wonder is it better time for pancakes?! Also anyone else having real problems sleeping??!!

I'm delighted with babs blanket I really did not think I would finish it :)

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Its 6am now... I wonder is it better time for pancakes?! Also anyone else having real problems sleeping??!!

I'm delighted with babs blanket I really did not think I would finish it :)
    I wake up few times during night.

hubby is still sleeping so I will eait with pancakes.

Cyning can you show us your blanket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

hi wwc1 thanks ill give that a try which classes are they?
    im nervous about starting up anything new cause im never sure if theres a diff between normal ones and preg ones
    i dont want to be the 8months preggers person that every1 in the class is tutting at
    ive been doing a bit of swimming and am thinking of doing a pregnancy yoga class thats on locally
    .thanks

Hi,

It was a pregnancy pilates class. Class finished this week :( There were 3 of us in the class, one girl had her baby about 8 weeks ago and the other girl was about 15 weeks pregnant. The excercises were gentle but you would still it the next day. I got a print out of the exercises before I left...maybe I could email them to you. Might be of some help??

Saurelin wrote: »
    I wake up few times during night.

hubby is still sleeping so I will eait with pancakes.

Cyning can you show us your blanket ?

No trouble sleeping, trouble with my little one coming into our bed at 5 this am. We're up now watching mickey mouse and I'm craving pancakes....

I think any mention of food shld be banned from this thread! Now I want pancakes!!!!

There's a lot of early risers here this morn. Thankfully I don't have any problems sleeping at the minute, I'm waking up a bit earlier than my alarm goes off, but not a whole lot.

32 weeks yesterday! Can't believe it!

Hoping my OH gets up soon so I can go back for a nap...zzzz

That's great Kildareash, it's great to be up in the 30's!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

mmmm pancakes.....

it must be something in the air - I had a crap night's sleep aswell, really restless and uncomfortable, and babs was so hyper... drank too much coffee yesterday - poor baby was prob buzzed up on caffeine..

31 weeks today!!!!

trions wrote: »

31 weeks today!!!!

me toi :-)

I fall a sleep again and wake up an hour ago but still in bed.
    my little one was moving so much that both my cats looked at my belly really suspicious. they looked so funny :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Feel free to add me although I wouldn't like to see our thread die a death because of a Facebook group - after all not everyone uses Facebook & we know we have readers from other months :) boards has been great to have & I would like to see our thread continue at least until our babies arrive :D

I agree. FB is not great for chatting anyway, boards is much better! We can use FB for organising meet up's better, putting a face to a boards ID and also we can post more personal photos on it & not worry re it being on the internet for ALL to see.

Whenever one of us has the first baby (omg that's going to be so exciting!!) then I'll set up a Summer/Autumn 2012 Baby thread on the Newborn forum. We'll have a LOT to talk about there I'd say, but much less time to post :D

Also, anyone not on FB, feel free to PM me for details re meet ups. And there is absolutely no pressure to be on FB group page, it's just there if you want it.

For those who still want to get in on it, PM me your FB name. If your name is commonish I'll give you mine as there's really no one with my name :rolleyes:
    javagal wrote: »
    Got up today at 10.30 napped at 12.30...sooo tired!!

I'm so jealous. I want to learn how to nap!! I'm waking up after about 7hrs sleep on the weekends, which in theory is enough for an adult, but I feel I need more to help catch up with baby growing and give myself a rest.
    javagal wrote: »
    Put this question to ya's, would ya prefer a really really quick painful labour or a moderatley long(say 11 hours) with an epu..

I'd take a quick painful labour if I actually knew, while going through it, that it was going to be quick. If you were in the middle of it and there was the possibility of it going on another 12 hours, I don't think I'd cope very well.
    cyning wrote: »
    but it is lovely to put names to faces without worrying that someone is going to cop who you are and go trolling through your past posts to see what your talking about (I don't really post in the Kerry forum anymore thanks to one particular poster at that!!)

I think that's a horrible thing to do to someone. I'd love if there was a rule that you could make the list of all your previous posts completely private (except to mods obviously). I know I must have posted some stupid stuff in all the time I've been on here so I wouldn't like it dredged up!

When I was lying in bed this morning, I was feeling a kick/foot up near my ribs, that's a new one. WHERE THE HELL HAVE MY ORGANS GONE!!

In other news, pretty sure I'm going to Ikea today with OH & mother-in-law to get stuff like cot & bedding etc. I'm so excited, I'm like a kid going to Disney land!! She wasn't best pleased that we went and got the travel system without her & 2nd hand. OH really tried to explain it to her but I think she had her heart set on it. Oops, well if it makes her feel better, I'll fill that cart in Ikea to the brim!!

Speaking of Disney Land, I will have an excuse in a few years to go! I'm going to enjoy doing kid stuff when he's older!

Mink wrote: »
    In other news, pretty sure I'm going to Ikea today with OH & mother-in-law to get stuff like cot & bedding etc. I'm so excited, I'm like a kid going to Disney land!! She wasn't best pleased that we went and got the travel system without her & 2nd hand. OH really tried to explain it to her but I think she had her heart set on it. Oops, well if it makes her feel better, I'll fill that cart in Ikea to the brim!!

Speaking of Disney Land, I will have an excuse in a few years to go! I'm going to enjoy doing kid stuff when he's older!
    Mink have fun :-)
    we are going next weekend, the green cot bed we want should be finally in stock :-D

can't wait :-D

• Advertisement

I think I may go wake OH up now (he wasn't gigging last night but went to see a local band - music mad he is) and pester him until he brings me to Ikea, too excited!

Mink have fun in ikea & don't forget your discount :) would you believe we still haven't got there yet!

Had the worst nights sleep...my poor partner suffered badly from my tossing & turning & she is already shattered as its marking time! She eventually got up at 6am to mark as she was so awake from my unsettledness! The wriggler was a hyper loon at one point fighting with the mattress :) she obviously couldn't get comfy either :D

32 weeks that realistically means our little one could be here anytime from 6-10 weeks from now! The 6 is pretty scary :eek:

Oh and I'm totally with you re the organs...I have spent a few days wondering if the pain under my right rib cage is her bum or my poor squashed liver!

My partner has already planned the trip we will be taking to Harry Potter world (not sure of its official title) in the states :D

Pic of blanket attatched: I'm practising crocheting to crochet around the edges it's a howl!! I'm so proud of it even if I think a ten year old would do better :p Also it is completely accidental that it is the Kerry colours: untill I sowed it to gether didn't realise how much like a kerry flag it was!

Enjoy Ikea I wish they'd open one in Limerick: I think I'd be addicted!!

Well done Cyning :) for all you knitters check out cobweb knits website...it has very cute baby hats etc :)

Cyning it is really nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Wow lovely blanket cyning!!! Well done!

Lovely blanket Cyning...Kerry colours??? My OH is getting jealous because everything my mam has knitted is white so he wants her to knit a blanket in the Carlow colours now!!!

Twomums, the physio at the a/n class said that could be rib flare either. The top of my bump is really tender because there's been two feet trying to break through the last couple of days. I have to sit up really straight or I get a not do gentle reminder that I'm squashing the little one!!!!

My unborn baby is now the proud owner of a slide and the seat for an outdoor swing! My brother just loaded up my car with everything his son had! He gave me a really good back pack style baby carrier, the type for long hikes, cot, musical swing thing, the next stage car seat, bath seat. He has saved us a fortune for years to come!

Kildareash what's rib flare...I'll have to look it up :) ours is in an L type shape so has her bum in or around my ribs!

Your brother is super...would be great to get all that stuff sorted so early on :)

• Advertisement

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Kildareash what's rib flare...I'll have to look it up :) ours is in an L type shape so has her bum in or around my ribs!

Your brother is super...would be great to get all that stuff sorted so early on :)

Just exactly as you were saying...pain around the rib area. She suggested getting your partner to massage it gently with the heel of their hand

Advertisement