Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

notsobusy wrote: »
    I have most of the stuff in a bag I just cant remember whats in it now so will probably unpack and repack. still missing a few things but they are things I can get last minute!

Yeah, I'm the same as this. I've been putting stuff in my bag as I pick it up, so it's all in one place in case of emergency.
    Have to just do a final check on what I have tho. Still have a few bits to get for myself.

I'm still really undecided about the tens machine. I found it great when I put my back out a few years ago, but will it be as effective on a different type of pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Back from A&E, wasn't too busy. Most people mistook me for the patient!!

Nail went through OH's muscle in his foot but it was clean all the way through so he just has to rest it and take lots of pain meds! Poor divil!

Emailed justeat about the chinese, they said they'd sort it for me. Only realised sitting in A&E that I'd curry all the way down my trouser legs !! Must of looked like we had a big mad domestic lol!

finished my bag today too. just have the list left on top so himself can't miss it ie

"OOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"(written in red)

ADD TO ME:
    Phone charger
    Camera charger
    Toothbrush
    Hairbrush

javagal wrote: »
    Back from A&E, wasn't too busy. Most people mistook me for the patient!!

Nail went through OH's muscle in his foot but it was clean all the way through so he just has to rest it and take lots of pain meds! Poor divil!

Emailed justeat about the chinese, they said they'd sort it for me. Only realised sitting in A&E that I'd curry all the way down my trouser legs !! Must of looked like we had a big mad domestic lol!

Glad he's ok. Good job you've the nursery done or the poor guy wld be under a bit of pressure!

This is the latest I've been awake in about a month, ok I fell asleep downstairs about 3 hours ago, but I'm still marking this down as a late night!

Omg...we can officially say we r due next month!
    Imagine some ladies might even have their little bundles by the end of this month. Scary thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Java when it comes to food... I would have started crying probably. Can't believe that guy just left, what a pr1ck!
    Am I the only one left with no bags packed? Last minute lassie strikes again.

I've nothing gotten for it at all, but I'm 2-4 wks behind everyone else I think
    kildareash wrote: »
    Imagine some ladies might even have their little bundles by the end of this month. Scary thought!

That is mad, never thought of that. I'm really stretching it though as DD not til 28th July!

Well last night the OH had a terrible sleep, he said he was too warm & didn't have enough room! I have taken over the bed a bit with my bump & pillows. I think we're going to have to take turns sleeping in the spare room for both our sanity!

Also last night was the first time I had a dream where I was pregnant in it. And it was also the first one that had any type of baby in it. OH brought me two babies (belonging to someone else) to practise on in the dream. They were 9mth olds and girls though which is funny.

kildareash wrote: »

my aunt is convinced zoe Will be born on her birthday cause she keeps dreaming it. which puts me on the 30th of June !
    wouldn't mind tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I did not sleep well last night at all. I did a lot of walking yesterday so thought I'd be wrecked. Made the mistake of eating some jelly babies before I went to bed and I couldn't sleep. Went to bed at 10, I reckon it was about 12.30 before I got to sleep.

I am working today so was up at 6.30 to get the bus to Dublin, so tired, thank god I'm the only one in the office. Feel really sick too.

I have 4 weeks and 2 days left.....sort of freaking out. Up until last week I was hoping to go early but actually now I hope I go on my DD which is between 29th June and 2nd July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I got up 5 times to pee last night between 1 and 7: Is it any wonder I don't sleep?? I barely napped all night... I would swear I had a kidney infection except I don't :)

I did sleep between about 8 and 10 this morning though thank god.

Java you are so much calmer than me: if delivery driver had done that to me I would have either cried or got really cross!

I think I'll have baby this month: I don't think I'm going to go to 40 weeks... don't know why: well I guess partly because they kept saying I wouldn't, but secondly my bh are getting more intense and more irregular especially since bump dropped down (by the way I always thought it was a myth that bumps dropped!).

Also I think baby is trying to come out my right side :D

cyning wrote: »
    well I guess partly because they kept saying I wouldn't, but secondly my bh are getting more intense and more irregular especially since bump dropped down (by the way I always thought it was a myth that bumps dropped!).

I think on your first, if bump drops - ie baby really lodges down into your pelvis - then it's supposed to be birth within 2 weeks :eek: But really the midwives would tell you better & even then they wouldn't promise anything.

• Advertisement

I have myself convinced I'm going to go early. Some days the BH are so intense I have to stop and think r these contractions.
    But at least I know that I will have my baby inside the next six weeks as they won't let me go over with the GD.

OH's cousins wife had a baby last wkend...we were all at a communion the weekend before that and I'm not joking her bump was almost under her chin it was that high up. She wasn't due for two weeks and I Cldnt believe it when we got the text last
    Wkend.
    It was her third baby and the labour was super quick.
    She didn't even think she was in labour, just had bad back pain but thought it wld be better to get it checked in the hospital. She was only in the hospital half an hour or something when she have birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh **** KA that's mad!

Holy crap, that's a bit scary!!

Mink wrote: »
    I think on your first, if bump drops - ie baby really lodges down into your pelvis - then it's supposed to be birth within 2 weeks :eek: But really the midwives would tell you better & even then they wouldn't promise anything.

Oh. God.

I cannot have this baby before the 11th June now anyway she HAS to stay in there untill then :D

Yes but it was her third! She deserved a quick labour tho, they think she had undiagnosed GD on her first and he was like 10lbs or something ridiculous like that. The second was big too, they think this little guy is tiny and fragile but he was still nearly 9lbs!

Right... I'm after turning into an emotional basket case in the past hour. All it's over is that OH doesn't want to go with me to this market thing on Sun. This is actually pretty reasonable of him as he hates shopping type things, it's fair enough.

But this has now escalated in my head that he doesn't want to do anything, doesn't want to take me anywhere or do anything for me, I've no one to go with etc. My eyes keep welling up & I just want to have a good cry (I can't - I'm in work).

These hormones are powerful things, I never used to get like this.
    Also I've been having major BH's all day, I must really need a rest, roll on 5.30! Every 2nd time I feel my tummy it's hard as a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Aww Mink you are having a rough time these days! Sometimes it's hard not to connect a single dot to a dozen more.

You mentioned he had a terrible nights sleep so he might feel different about the market once he gets a good night sleep! If the market is selling baby related stuff then I totally understand why you would want him to come along as it is nice to decide on baby stuff together :)

I hope you are feeling better soon...get yourself a treat for Friday night :)

Thanks 2 mums.
    You're not going to believe this but I had a pack of winegums and felt instantly better & have done since! I think my blood sugar must have been really low (not that I'm recommending winegums). I ran out of my usual fruit/yogurts/ homemade muffins etc to bring to work so I didn't realise how hungry I was. There is a box of crisps & sweets in the work canteen (I usually avoid it) so I got them out of that.

It was like Maynards have put anti-tears in their sweets :D

Sorry for being such a whinge-bag this week! I need to catch up on sleep and probably eat more regularly.

Winegums the saviour of pregnant women :D Glad you feel better and sure that's what this thread is for :)

My dearest came home with PJs for me from tesco that say Moody...but marvellous :D It's a good job she knows me so well & knows I'd see the funny side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

silly wrote: »
    Kiwi, i want to know all about this cleaner.
    I nearly have hubby convinced to get one for one say a week also, but maybe not till i go back to work after mat leave..?

Do you give cleaner a list on what you want done each week or is it the same jobs she does every week.
    Does she decide when she is finished, or do you ask her to come for a certain amount of hours.
    Does she get a key to your house and alarm code? My hubby is a bit concerned about that...
    How much does she charge per hour?
    Was she recommended by someone or did ye get her through an agency?

Sorry for all the questions, just very curious about it!

re: the antenatal classes, I doubt i will get much out of it either, but its for hubby that i want to do it. god love him, he hasnt a clue what the labour is going to be like (despite being a farmer that delivers calves every spring) so i think he might get more out of it than i will. Also, he has the best memory ever, so he will remember everything that she tells us. Its a private one on one class, so that should be interesting.

i am very slowly going through the list. i bought nappies yesterday, i got one free pack (got the voucher from the hospital) Huggies NewBorn x27 (4-11lbs) then i bought another pack of newborn huggies x35 (7-13lbs)

I must start to assemble my bag next. Its a suitcase really! i hope its not too big, but with the nappies and the maternity pads etc, it doesnt take long to fill!

Hi Silly, Sorry so slow to reply. had the cleanber again this week - its is a dream. She charges 10 euro per hour and does 5 hours. This includes EVERYTHING!!! This week she even scrubbed out the oven and hob, floors, bathrooms, windows, blinds - basically I all have to do is washing of clothes and sweep the floors once during the week,

yes she was recommended by other people I know that use her (really the best option in my opinion) and yes we just gave her a key to the house. In terms of hours she does the agreed 5 hours for 5 euro and really its just down to trust -- thats why is so important to get someone recommended! I justy happended to come home 15 mins before she finishes up ( she does 11-4pm) and yes she was still at house working away!

Last week of work for me before I start me new job @ 34/35 weeks pregnant = crazy!!!:D

• Advertisement

I second the cleaner. OH decided we were getting one before Xmas because I was too exhausted to keep on top of things. Especially with two hairy dogs, it was impossible to keep the floors clean. Now I just have to give them a quick once over at the wkends :)

Booked the mutts into the groomer for the end of the month. So they'll look spiffing for the new arrival. God love the groomer, they've never been before and they don't like to be separated...they go mad if one gets upstairs and the other one can't squeeze up through the stair gate.

Absolutely exhausted this eve, we've hit every room in the house this week. Some places are still upside down but we are almost finished now. At least our room and the nursery r done.

My cleaner was reccomended to me by someone too: it's a tenner an hour but to be honest she only does an hour: when I was working she'd do 2/3 hours once a month :) In that she hoovers and mops all the floors, cleans the 3 bathrooms and dusts which is all :)that's needed: she's a machine though!

Mink sometimes all you need is winegums (or cola bottles. or chocolate!)

My poor little babs is going balubas all day long: and she is so low: I remember when I THOUGHT I was getting kicks low down: trust me NOTHING compared to this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Mink I so understand how you feel.
    I hope today is much better.
    My hubby is weird last few days. he plays all the time, I need to remind him about dishes, cat litter boxes etc few times and is not nice at all. I try to talk to him but it did not help
    i just hope he will better after good night sleep

Saurelin wrote: »
    Mink I so understand how you feel.
    I hope today is much better.
    My hubby is weird last few days. he plays all the time, I need to remind him about dishes, cat litter boxes etc few times and is not nice at all. I try to talk to him but it did not help
    i just hope he will better after good night sleep

Wld your OH normally do these things?
    Mine wld never think to empty the dishwasher or do the laundry. Used to drive me mad when he wasn't working full time and I'd come home from work and have to do everything.
    I physically can't load and unload the dishwasher at the minute, but I have to say it to him to unload it even tho he can see his dishes piling up. Really pisses me off.
    Our cleaner used to put on a wash for us, but once she put dirty clothes that she had used to clean the house in with clothes, so now I make sure the basket is empty when she comes.
    It's so frustrating tho, not being able to do it but having to tell him to do it every time.

Mink, hope ur feeling better today. Is there anyway u can persuade him to go to the market with u? Maybe do something he wld like one of the other days? That's what works for us, otherwise we wld never do anything together!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

since feb when I was on sick leave he was doing many things at home without asking.
    last few days something changed and I don't know what

Yeah feeling a lot better, had an Indian last night and a good rest, sort of. Been awake off and on since 5.30 but still feel better.

We're going to do something together this weekend, prob only thing in this dull weather is the cinema. I take back what I said met eireann was reporting, didn't exactly come true!

Oh I love bank holiday weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Ooh I hate having ask people to do things over and over! OH is usually good about things alright, so really hate having nag, have a hamster cage wanting cleaning now for the last week that he keeps promising to do yet never gets around to, he's just not used to it though, normally very good about stuff! Its my landlord that is driving me mad now, today he rang in sick to me for the third time this week, aaargh! I need that junk gone so i can organise my life, send some minion if you can't make it yourself like!

Anyone else able to make out what little body parts are sticking out yet? I think I can just about make out the shape of little foot every now and then, its mad! The hormones are driving me mental though, back with a vengeance this week, wasn't expecting that! And my temporary filling that I had to get in Feb cos the dentist wouldn't give me anesthetic has JUST fallen out, way too much money that cost to go get it replaced, so gammy tooth me now til babys out, hear me whinge! At least I seem to be getting out of the habit of swearing profanity at such things, that's something! :D

NyquistFreak - I know when she sticks her foot out but only because of its position (I know that's where she keeps her feet :D ) rather than being able to make it out! I could feel little fingers pushing against my belly the other day but couldn't see them externally!

FYI folks - mamas and papas have a sale until Tuesday...they seem to have one every bank holiday!

Has anyone come across cheap enough sleeper suits with scratch mitts built into them (sleeve folds over into a mitt)? The midwife made a good point about babies pulling standard mitts off in the night & the potential chocking hazard! Looking to get some with built in ones for night sleeps & use ordinary scratch mitts during the day :)

Haven't seen anything like that in the shops, but I'm just nosing on amazon now I'll do a quick search.

Seems to be a good few on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Essential-One-Sleepsuits-Newborn/dp/B004WCSWMA/ref=sr_1_10?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1338648646&sr=1-10

Have u looked in mothercare? Definately haven't seen them in dunnes or pennys!

Finally, got my maternity benefit form back from payroll. Three weeks after I first sent it to them. They printed it, filled it in and them scanned it to send back to me...do u think can I just send that in or wait for the original which they're posting to me?

• Advertisement

Thanks Kildareash :) will have a look on amazon anyway as always buying from there :)

Not looked in mothercare yet...I do have some from next in a larger size but next is not cheap :)

Knowing the social they will prob want the original :rolleyes:

Advertisement