Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh Kash that is gorgeous!! Where did you get the decals? we're looking for some ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Kash your nursery is amazing. If I wasn't renting I'd love to do something like that.
    notsobusy wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting hassle about names? we didn't initially but now we are from friends and it's really annoying.

This is exactly why I tell people that we are not saying any of our names to anyone. I just nod politely when they suggest names and change the subject.
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    & then was talking about the necessity for contraception after birth unless you want Irish twins :D Can't wait for them to come to have that chat with me in the hospital :D

One less thing to worry about!! Does anyone know if you can go back on the pill after the birth even if you're breastfeeding. I'd really like to because a) it's the only thing that stops me having such awful skin and b) I really don't want to get knocked up anytime soon. As I say to OH, let's just see how this baby goes first haha!
    cyning wrote: »
    if i told him to bring me in jeans and a tshirt I'd probably get sparkly leggings and a jersey or somthing. And I don't own sparkly leggings!), cleaned out my wardrobe....

I think mine would bring high heels and a cocktail dress that hasn't fit me for 2 years.

Well I'm wide awake since 4am & have had breakfast already. I don't think I'm going to have problems with night feeds, I'll be sitting around waiting for baby to wake up by the looks of things. The cats are very confused as OH came home from a gig just after I woke up, he went to bed & then I came downstairs. They're not sure what time it is at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Mink I wake up around 4 as well. I had 2 min of panic attack as I was feeling pain in my lower belly (period type pain). then I remember that midwife mentioned that one of sign of labor. Anyway that was only my digestive system :-P

but I will be good and I will pack my bag today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Thanks for all the compliments on the nursery, ladies, it really lifts my spirits - my inner child goes SQEEEEEEEEE when I see it :)
    theg81der wrote: »
    Kash your nursery is fab! Are they stickers or did you actually paint?

They are stickers, I was going to paint initially, but I went the easy route when I found some that I liked.
    Ginny wrote: »
    Oh Kash that is gorgeous!! Where did you get the decals? we're looking for some ourselves

I got them on etsy - I got them from this shop, but if you search for decals there are loads of different styles from other sellers too. Some tips, don't be afraid to ask for color changes or extra bits and bobs, and tell them your background wall color - most places would do a mock up first before you need to buy anything. http://www.etsy.com/shop/NurseryWallArt?ref=seller_info

When we got it, I sliced and diced parts of the design to make it fit in around our room - that's really easy to do too :)
    Oh Kash that did make me laugh :D did you actually wear it or stay in the clothes from the day before?

I ended up wearing the t-shirt back to front under a wraparound deely from the day before. I reminded him of it again yesterday, and he said that I simply could not argue with his fashion sense - and I could have started the hipster trend there and then if I had shared his 'vision' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Kash the room looks gorgeous, puts my attempt at painting to shame, love the owls.

Mink & saurelin I had a crappy night too, I was sleeping through the night mostly till 2 days ago. I woke in a panic, deep breathing with period like pains too. And then later at 4 as well. Sent oh off for toast, tea and marmalade, that Sid the trick I slept then till 9, I normally wake at 7.

Massive headache now though.

• Advertisement

barremic wrote: »
    Kash the room looks gorgeous, puts my attempt at painting to shame, love the owls.

Mink & saurelin I had a crappy night too, I was sleeping through the night mostly till 2 days ago. I woke in a panic, deep breathing with period like pains too. And then later at 4 as well. Sent oh off for toast, tea and marmalade, that Sid the trick I slept then till 9, I normally wake at 7.

Massive headache now though.

i fall a sleep again around 5:30 and wake up before 9
    Still in bed though:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Mink you can go on the mini pill but not the combined pill - see I did learn something despite it having no relevance to me :D but you can ask your midwife for confirmation :)

Funny I woke at 4am also & struggled to get back to sleep...must have been some pregnant woman spell going on :) I refused to get up though & eventually fell back to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thankfully I was not under that 4am spell. Slept till 7 and was up at 8 to help OH with some paperwork he needed for work today.

Just taking five minutes before I make lasagne for 15 for ye confirmation tomorrow. I obviously had loads of energy when I offered to do this!!!

Watching xpose and they have a feature on simplybe.ie with a wafer thin girl modelling the dresses, she looks like she's playing dress up with her mummy's clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

So in the last two days, I've developed an inexplicable liking for dust. Anti-nesting.
    Having the same problem with boys names, I reckon we'll end up waiting til baby is here, old enough to speak and just ask him what his name is himself! Or give him a serial number or something.
    Also getting the awful period like pains, what's that about ladies? Could do without it now in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

beautiful nursery kash!
    im not sleeping during the night at all. mostly i sleep in morning time when oh is up.

Is anybody not getting Braxton hicks? I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and don't get them at all! Starting to think I have a very lazy womb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi ladies! I took Friday off so just catching up on this thread.

Cyning, hope you're feeling better, like the others have said, you're in good hands and the doctors won't do anything that will harm your baby.

Kash, I love your nursery, it's fab!!

Re: nesting. I planned on doing stuff on my day off yesterday but ended up doing a big fat nothing...

Met up with some friends last night for dinner. What a laugh, I thought I would go into labour with all the laughing. Got home for half 12.

I have the rest of our 0-3 clothes & all our 3-6 month clothes washed and on the line :) looks very cute :D

I have the rest of our 0-3 clothes & all our 3-6 month clothes washed and on the line :) looks very cute :D

It's so cute when u see all the tiny bits lined up.
    My lovely sis-in-law sent over a couple of blankets and outfits with my brother yesterday and told me today she has put a parcel in the post too coz it wldnt all fit in his case. She is such a dote!
    The clothes are newborn, I always feel really bad exchanging stuff but I'll get more wear out of 0-3 months. What ye think?

I would think 0-3 would be more use to you esp if your baby does arrive at our predicted weights! The midwives told us not to bother with any newborn unless the baby was measuring very small :) if she includes the receipt you can always exchange them for identical but just a bigger size :)

We have told a few people that if they planned on getting us clothes to get 3-6 months & above :) you don't want to be presumptuous but we want to be able to use gifts. Those we have mentioned it to have appreciated it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh I'd exchange away: but maybe for the same outfits etc? Like realistically unless baby is very small they aren't getting much (if any) wear out of newborn. All I have in Newborn is one pack of vests and socks: Everything else is 0-3!

Sorry Twomums I'm getting braxton hicks almost hourly at this stage.... but I actually think your more normal than me! None of my friends (or family at that) had them on their first babies: I'm just convinced I feel them more because of the muscles I pulled!

I tried to sleep for an hour: and got 4 phone calls. I swear if I hadn't tried to sleep noone would have bothered to ring me :D

kildareash wrote: »

It's so cute when u see all the tiny bits lined up.
    My lovely sis-in-law sent over a couple of blankets and outfits with my brother yesterday and told me today she has put a parcel in the post too coz it wldnt all fit in his case. She is such a dote!
    The clothes are newborn, I always feel really bad exchanging stuff but I'll get more wear out of 0-3 months. What ye think?
    My friend gad a baby 3 weeks ago in rotunda
    she was told 2 days befire delivery that her baby will be big -9 lb
    but she was 7 and all clothes 0-3 were way to big
    i read somewhere that the scan can add at least a 1lb to babies weight

I have a few clothes newborn but didnt count how many.

ps. i love napping in middle of day :-D

Thanks ladies, they're from boots so I'll just see next week if they'll exchange for next size up. Tags still on but don't have receipts.

I don't think everyone gets Braxton hicks. I was having a lot more a couple of weeks ago, well I think they were BH anyway!

Your right Saurelin, depending on who does the scan it can be off by a good bit!

My consultant seems to err on the shorter side when taking measurements - if it was me I would go further to the edge so I wonder if that's to help not get a bigger reading than she is :) also makes me wonder if she might be bigger than he is predicting :eek:

Re 0-3 the midwife did say they might be a bit big but they will grow into them fast enough :D If they look too huge on ours I'll send my partner out to buy & wash some newborn :)

• Advertisement

And in other news... just back from the hosp: had a bit of a show. Baby good, and cervix closed. So home again with strict instructions to come back if there is any gush of fluid, or if I start getting regular contractions.

Midwife said she wouldn't give an internal in case it started to move things along, but doc decided to give one: they dont necessarily think I'm going to go into labour anytime soon but I might! Also I hate internals!

Was on the trace for half an hour: so was only in hosp for an hour :)

Also I swear I am going to tattoo on my forehead "I have graves disease treated with RAI when I was 21 I have peripheral T4 resistance not a regular underactive thyroid and YOU NEED TO READ MY NOTES"

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

I bought all 0-3mths clothes, did the same when due the boys nd they are a little big depending where you buy them also... but they grow so fast they will fit them in no time:) (boys wer 8lb 5oz and 8lb 11oz)

I'm getting BH all the time didnt get many on first pregnancy, got a few in last 10 weeks r so on second but this time is a joke i've been gettin them since 20 weeks and there becoming more and more often!!

Also getting the period type pains on and off not sure wat causes that!!

Glad babs is fine cynin and at least your close to the end incase you do go into labour but hopefully babs will just wait a little longer:)

Made chocolate biscuit cake, so decadent!
    Saurelin wrote: »
    i fall a sleep again around 5:30 and wake up before 9
    Still in bed though:-D

I was up from 4 til 6.30 then back to sleep until about 12 but I've been out of it all day & had to lay down and have a nap in the later afternoon. I've done feck all except cook and wash clothes. Ah well
    Funny I woke at 4am also & struggled to get back to sleep...must have been some pregnant woman spell going on :) I refused to get up though & eventually fell back to sleep!

I normally fall back asleep but I was completely wired to the moon at 4am, I was just glad it wasn't a weekday!
    Also getting the awful period like pains, what's that about ladies? Could do without it now in fairness!

Think that's just braxton hicks
    Is anybody not getting Braxton hicks? I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and don't get them at all! Starting to think I have a very lazy womb :)

Lots of women don't get them, my sis didn't get them til like a week before she had baby. I get them a couple times an hour normally. You might be getting them and not even feel them, it's just a tightening of the womb.

Thanks Tinkerbell.... strangely not worried at all: I think I'm still losing bits of the plug but reality is if baby comes now she comes: if she doesn't come for another month all the better :) Considering I had such a freak out Thurs I'm really really relaxed now!

Ah Mink I wish you lived near me: I love choc biscuit cake! The main regret I have from my wedding is I forgot to taste the cake... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I haven't got any BH either... had some slight period type pains this morning but thats bout it thank god!!

Mink I like Cadbury Ireland on Facebook and they put up the most scrummy biscuit cake recipe ever a few months back....terrible for you but gorgeous :D

Cyning glad everything is ok :) nice to be feeling relaxed about it all! Will you be our first due in July baby :)

Mink I like Cadbury Ireland on Facebook and they put up the most scrummy biscuit cake recipe ever a few months back....terrible for you but gorgeous :D

Cyning glad everything is ok :) nice to be feeling relaxed about it all! Will you be our first due in July baby :)
    Haha I'll probably be the last at the rate I'm going!! I feel like an awful drama queen these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

RE the clothes - i got some in M&S that are marked "Up to One Month" so i got a few of them.

Anyone not on the FB group who'd like to go to the Pre-baby meet up this coming Sat 16/6 just PM me and I'll give you all the details. Likewise, if you want to join the FB group, PM me.

• Advertisement

I'm positive now that baby is head down, back facing out my left side and little feet poking out my right side. I got some very sharp pokes last night which I'm sure have to be heels and toes. So cute!

I have that What to Expect for the First Year book and it says newborns have a reflex where if you push gently on the soles of their feet, they'll push back so I think that's what happens when I push on his wee feet. Aww!

My chocolate biscuit cake came out awesome

Advertisement