Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Very cute, I guess that's what happens when my partner rests her head on my belly as she is always getting a foot in the face :D

You have me in the mood for making chocolate biscuit cake now!

The first year book is def one you want before baby arrives...lots of good tips in it for baby prep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Yeah I realised a few weeks ago that I'm well aware of what happens during pregnancy & birth, but I need to know what to do with the product of all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Saurelin wrote: »
    Kash lovely nursery :-)

When one of our friends told me that she dont like name Alice for a baby I told her I dont care. She get ofended :-P

finally weekend.

my plan is to do nothing and sleep a lot.

Trions how is new house and new car?

Hi all,

Saurelin - house is going great - love it! Car - still feel like I'm driving a bus - it's so much bigger than what I'm used to! Is this your last week in work? If so let me know if you're free for a coffee any evening? If any one else is in the Dundrum area and would like to join you're very welcome....

Hubby away for the weekend, so my parents were drafted in as minders - apparently I'm not allowed stay on my own anymore :rolleyes: Had a lovely time.

Kash your fab nursery photo's have motivated me got get off my ass and sort out ours.. Re. baby clothes I've bought all 0-3 months aswell, figure he/she will be out of the newborn size in no time....

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Kash love the nursery it looks so professional!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh I'm exhausted!!!
    Went out to see a friends band play in town last night, they were supposed to be on at 10, but it ended up being much later and it was nearly 2 when I got into bed. Had to be up at 8 this morn for my nieces confirmation.
    Been on the go all day, my feet are swollen now this eve. Just got home and put them up. Dreading work in the morn.

Also on and off today, been having those kinda pre-period pain aches. I'd normally get them a day or two before my period wld start. Don't know if that means anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I've been getting them too KA and I know this is TMI but quite bad diarrhea not what I was expecting when I started on the Iron tablets last week!

I am supposed to be working tomorrow as one of the girls quit so I am more full on but I was so exhausted on Friday evening that I am going to reconsider the work. Just going to do tomorrow and tell the boss I can't do anymore. He's a prat anyway hence my friend quite. He doesn't seem to realise I can't do much I have to remind him I am 37 weeks pregnant.

I had a baby shower on Sat which went great and I had a ball. Loads of yummy food and great chats!

Oh and I have started drinking raspberry leaf tea, apparently it brings on contractions and helps with the labour :P not sure how true it is but we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Notsobusy few of my friends who already had babies mentioned that diarrhea can be one of signs of labor.

but i had it few times during pregnancy and I'm still 2in1 ;-)

I think it is a sign but not immediate labour, more like 2/3 weeks before actual labour!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

notsobusy wrote: »
    I think it is a sign but not immediate labour, more like 2/3 weeks before actual labour!

I hope so! Been getting a touch of the same, but I only just started on iron tablets too, I'm only 35 weeks yesterday so still not ready for THAT yet! How do you do that terrified face thing from the phone? that.

It's funny i would be ready to go tomorrow if it happened! But with my luck i'll be overdue. going to keep an eye on everything and if i have any other symptoms i'll call the hosp. I have a dr's appointment on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Baby has had hiccups at least twice today, poor little thing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

tis ohs birthday so sitting in his brothers house being taxi driver again.
    i know its his birthday but im sooo fed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Saurelin I love that: 2in1!! Exactly how I feel these days!

Java don't blame you... I'm often designated driver cuz I don't really drink that much and sometimes you just get sick of it :)

Ginny I know what you mean about hiccups... I always start rubbing my belly when she gets then: I'm not sure what rubbing my belly will do but I always think my poor little babs!

Lidl have Disney vests, baby grows, bibs & rugs tomorrow, and thermometers and baby sleeping bags tomorrow too... It seems very pink vs blue though so you might want to know girl or boy... I wanted to go buy stuff but I still don't have one girly item so I think I might wait :)

Exhausted all day and now can't sleep... Murphys law :D

Also can I seriously reccomend to never ever watch a Kerry/Cork match in a house full of Kerry/Cork people: they seriously totally lose the run of themselves altogether: and the next person who shouted at me for moving in the way of the tv while getting up to pee needed to get something thrown at them!!!

sorry for potential tmi but has anyone else had the feeling they've started to dilate?

i have this odd sensation, kind of a dull,stretching pain down there but inside and higher up.
    wonder maybe am i becoming effaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

[Quote=cyning;79138650

Lidl have Disney vests, baby grows, bibs & rugs tomorrow, and thermometers and baby sleeping bags tomorrow too... It seems very pink vs blue though so you might want to know girl or boy... I wanted to go buy stuff but I still don't have one girly item so I think I might wait :)

[/Quote]

They also have in lidl today a ear and forehead thermometer, just grabbed one and its quite good, very easy to use. Measures liquid temperatures too, and a lot cheaper than some.

Got a Thermometer myself too this morning...:D

So tired today I think baby moved position again, was in the loo 3 times last night and was awake every hour or so...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

How are you this morning Javagal? Haven't had that feeling but I guess with everything else you have it could be early labour! If you're not already at the hospital :) give them a call!

Java I wonder is that babs just moving down? I'm definitely not dilating but getting the same sort of feeling: baby wasn't engaged sat but was heading that way?

I'm getting real proper period style cramps they are wrecking my head: Im really rethinking my no epidural stance!!

I slept the whole night without having to get up to pee - 7.5hrs, amazing! I think as well it's cos I was so knackered. Didn't walk out my front door the whole weekend, was so out of it & tired. I definitely think wee man has had a growth spurt as I'm riddled with even more stretchmarks below my belly button & generally my bump seems way harder (ie more baby & less water).
    kildareash wrote: »
    Also on and off today, been having those kinda pre-period pain aches. I'd normally get them a day or two before my period wld start. Don't know if that means anything.

I'd say it was cos you overdid it a bit & needed a good rest. I get much more crampy when I'm dying to sit down & chill
    notsobusy wrote: »
    Oh and I have started drinking raspberry leaf tea, apparently it brings on contractions and helps with the labour :P not sure how true it is but we'll see!

Let us know how you get on with it as I was planning to drink this from 37 wks on

Saurelin, haha 2 in 1, I'm stealing that.

Why is it that we feel sorry for baby when they get hiccups, I'm the same - I give him a rub & try to figure out a way to stop them!

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    How are you this morning Javagal? Haven't had that feeling but I guess with everything else you have it could be early labour! If you're not already at the hospital :) give them a call!
    im grand two mums! its not a pain that comes and goes like contractions its more like a dull feeling-exactly like Cyning! im in hospital Thursday so ill mention it then !

mink I've gotten a lot more stretch marks too,like in the last 3 days especially
    . my belly button hasn't popped but at the top kinda pokes out, its like some deformed thing!

• Advertisement

I'm still putting the oil on my belly cos I figure it might lessen them slightly??

Picked up pure almond oil (for massage purposes) in health shop over the weekend for the perinium massage.

My OH calls it sphincter oil, I tried to explain that I'm not trying to stretch THAT particular orifice. As punishment I made him go buy the oil and he had to explain to the lady at the cash desk what it was for as she needed to know if he needed oil for internal or external use :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

My belly button is doing the same - it's still an inny but it gets more compact by the end of the day. Hubby has nicknamed it a flattie, because there is very little in and no out.

My heartburn has become a lot worse in the last few days - it's practically a constant now.

I'm starting to freak out about the birth a bit now, questioning my ability to cope. I'm going to listen to my hypno birthing cd more often, but i'd be lying if I said I was relaxed about it! At the same time, I really want to have the baby asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Notsobusy, I'd love to know how you're getting on with the Raspberry Leaf tea. I am willing to try anything to start labour naturally. I really don't want to have to be induced, if they can't allow me to go over my dates.

We had to move around our offices in work because our old office was a health and safety hazard (it has been for years, but we didn't have enough buckets to contain all the leaks in the roof last week!) and now I'm under the bosses nose. Apparently, our desks were even facing one another, but he changed them!

And, I stupidly left my blood testing kit in my sister's house yesterday! Grr!

But, only three weeks left in work! Woohoo!

I'd forgotten about the oil for the perianal massage! Must get some. I've loads more stretch marks in the last week. Pretty much the whole lower area of my tummy is now covered in them. The ones on my breasts have lessened loads though.

I've upped my kegels to about a hundred a day too.

my sister in law said she didn't do them for her first two babies and had bad tears and for the last two she did them and didn't tear on either of them.

I'm just using normal durex-y stuff for the massage. Although I keep forgetting to do it!

Pineapple juice, raspberry leaf tea, spicy food, hot baths, sex and a certain foot massage will be started as part of Induction plan this week!

Come Saturday I'm starting all those things: at this stage if babs stays in for another week she won't automatically have to go into an incubator when she's born!

Mink I'm so jealous of the not getting up to pee: 7times last night for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

For the people doing the perinneal massage, are you doing it yourself? Or is your partner doing it for you? I'm finding it very hard to get in a good position for it, so hubby is doing it most days.

Mink, I am also jealous of your uninterrupted sleep - I woke up 6 times to pee and another 3 or 4 just to roll over.:rolleyes:

My bladder has gone all weird in the last few days though - when I go from sitting to standing, I get pressure real low like I've been needing to pee for hours. Even after peeing, once I stand up off the loo, I get the same pressure/discomfort. it goes away after a few minutes, but it's really odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Kash wrote: »
    My bladder has gone all weird in the last few days though - when I go from sitting to standing, I get pressure real low like I've been needing to pee for hours. Even after peeing, once I stand up off the loo, I get the same pressure/discomfort. it goes away after a few minutes, but it's really odd...

yes! I have this..I literally leave the bathroom and just turn around and go back in again. The pressure is something fierce!

Can someone send me on some info about that massage, I had tears when i had my daughter 11 yrs ago, she was 8.2 and i think this baby might be bigger. What oil do i need to use, can i use baby oil??

Met my good friend at the weekend who is a trained midwife. She told me that she will give me a sweep if i need one....:eek::eek::eek:
    I thought she was joking, i was like "nah you're alright girl..." she was serious, said she did it for another friend!!

• Advertisement

I'm doing it myself, but I'm probably not doing it hard enough. I'd love to meet the woman who could contort enough at this stage to get her 2 thumbs in there!

Advertisement