Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,
    Java - glad your appointment went so well!

Barremic -i got that milton steriliser ball in McCabes for around €10 - genius idea - you just pop a milton tab and water into it and it sterilises in about 10 mins.... Like two mums our midwife said if u are breastfeeding not to use soothers for first week or two as it can confuse baby and effect them learning to feed properly (i'll prob pack one or two though - just incase)

Am a bit worried - my bump has dropped a lot in the last couple of days and I can feel baby's head has moved down - didn't think this was supposed to happen till closer to 37/38 I'm only 34 weeks.... my original due date was the 14th, and they changed it to the 22nd at the 12 week scan but the sonographer at the anomoly scan thought it was the 14th aswell - think she might have been right that would put me at 36 weeks... took a half day from work today - shattered....

Never heard that about the nail varnish - thank you whoever mentioned it - I had great plans of treating myself to a shellac on fingers and toes once I finished work, might have to scrap that idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

dunnes have them soother steralisers (in the baby food section beside babyoils/shampoos)in tipp anyway

as far as i know in limerick thy bring round cups of milton and water in the mornings...used to anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Was with the nurse in the GP's this afternoon and the baby's head is engaged!

There is a gynaecologist there on a Thursday and the nurse got her in for a feel because she thought I was further along than my dates. But the gynae said I was spot on.
    Delighted the head is engaged, but gave poor OH a heart attack when I told him...he thought it meant I was going to go into labour now!
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Kash & Kildareash - I had the same problem until I got a belly support band from mothercare (€15), it's their own brand M2B and just supports your bump when walking so that your belly muscles aren't taking all the strain :) I find it really helpful!

Yeah, I have that. It was grand for a couple of weeks, but then it didn't make a difference. This morning, I was just aching all over. Now it's just my back whenever I have to move.

trions wrote: »
    Never heard that about the nail varnish - thank you whoever mentioned it - I had great plans of treating myself to a shellac on fingers and toes once I finished work, might have to scrap that idea!

I think the shellac is really causing hassle for the hospitals, because it's so difficult to take off.

Java, glad your appointment went well! I was in and out in two hours last week, having seen the diabetic nurse, midwife and waiting to see the consultant. Maybe they're spreading out the appointments differently or something.

You missed a great ante natal class today...They delivered the doll! God love that doll, if I had to have seen that bandage pulled up over his face once more, I was going to stop the class and take it off. It's wierd, but I have a thing about dolls faces being covered by anything or being put head down into a bag or something!
    Oh, and we all got to practice breastfeeding the dolls too! I wish I could have taken pictures of their knitted "breast", the nipple was huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

they should be given a tv show ash! they are classic! bloody nut jobs obviously met somewhere and practice what madness they'll get up to!
    do you feel in the know about breast feeding now lol!

are you actually going to the breast feeding workshop?

baby is engaged here too, actually think Im loosing plug at the minute, doctor said it doesn't mean anything is imminent just that things are progressing !
    baby also measures a week ahead so who knows!
    excited!

javagal wrote: »
    they should be given a tv show ash! they are classic! bloody nut jobs obviously met somewhere and practice what madness they'll get up to!
    do you feel in the know about breast feeding now lol!

are you actually going to the breast feeding workshop?

baby is engaged here too, actually think Im loosing plug at the minute, doctor said it doesn't mean anything is imminent just that things are progressing !
    baby also measures a week ahead so who knows!
    excited!

I know we laugh about them, but I was telling a few girls at my yoga class the other night and it actually sounds like one of the best classes in this area, anyway. Some of the girls couldn't believe all that was covered in it and the level of detail.

Don't know if I'm in the know about breastfeeding, but I might take my dolls out and practice a bit more!not!!!

I don't think I'm going to do the breastfeeding workshop. Are you? They were promoting the Le Leche group this morn. Their details are on one of the handouts, I'll photocopy them for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Just thought - its kinda sucked being paddy last on the thread, always behind de rest of yis, but just realised you`s will be able to tell me what labour is like ... o wait maybe thats not good.....mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I was told by 2 people today that my bump has dropped... I don't think it has as I can't really see from up here! But maybe it has...

I am feeling extra pressure down below, every step is hard, even driving isn't pleasant , every bump on the road is uncomfortable. and the damn piles aren't helping. I got stuff called anusol in the chemist...think some1 else here mentioned they have the same, it did the trick today anyway. Not looking forward to having to apply that everyday though! Eugh!

kildareash wrote: »
    I know we laugh about them, but I was telling a few girls at my yoga class the other night and it actually sounds like one of the best classes in this area, anyway. Some of the girls couldn't believe all that was covered in it and the level of detail.

Don't know if I'm in the know about breastfeeding, but I might take my dolls out and practice a bit more!not!!!

I don't think I'm going to do the breastfeeding workshop. Are you? They were promoting the Le Leche group this morn. Their details are on one of the handouts, I'll photocopy them for you.

yeah i'll go to it, I dont plan on exclusively breast feeding but I wanna know what to do if I get a blocked duct etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Kildareash your ante natal classes sound great :D

We drove down to Edenderry today to look at a jeep he needs to get for the farm and on the way home I drove as he had phone calls to make and I thought I was getting contractions! Didn't say anything to OH in case he freaked but whatever pains they were they stopped as soon as we got home.

I didn't know about the icecream at all :( I've been happily tucking into a 99 on a regular basis, not every day or anything like that but maybe once or twice a week, they are just so yummy :o

Feeling very tired today but at least the heart burn hasn't been bad today! A sign that the bump has dropped a bit maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My wonderful darling husband just called me a barrel :D:D A barrel?? I swear to god if I wasn't laughing so much I would have killed him... and if he hadn't been in the middle of making me fajitas... I was hungry though!

How are you supposed to tell the difference between braxton hicks and contractions? Like I'm at the stage today where I'm bending double and walking around once (or twice) an hour to try and ease them? So how will I know when I actually go into labour? I can just imagine not knowing I'm in labour :eek:

Notsobusy I wouldn't worry about anyones you've eaten: you are obv fine! Just avoid them for a few weeks :)

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    My wonderful darling husband just called me a barrel :D:D A barrel?? I swear to god if I wasn't laughing so much I would have killed him... and if he hadn't been in the middle of making me fajitas... I was hungry though!

How are you supposed to tell the difference between braxton hicks and contractions? Like I'm at the stage today where I'm bending double and walking around once (or twice) an hour to try and ease them? So how will I know when I actually go into labour? I can just imagine not knowing I'm in labour :eek:

Notsobusy I wouldn't worry about anyones you've eaten: you are obv fine! Just avoid them for a few weeks :)

im like this with my waters, cause my discharge has increased so much and im wearing pads, im wondering how Will i know if its waters seeing as you can lose it as a trickle.

watching an old episodes of one born, oh is pretending to be on laptop but i can see him watching!

no labour yet then Cyning!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Cyning I think if you get more than (a number) in an hour you are meant to call the midwife! The number could be 4 or 6 - baby brain but I'm sure someone gets them will know for sure :) if you think you are getting too many give them a call anyway :)

Notsobusy - same as Cyning said don't worry about those you've eaten but avoid til your little one gets here :)

lol i just read this properly, make your hubby was right!

Hmm I must keep an eye I'm getting them every 30 minutes-ish: but wouldn't be the first time that's happened either: they are just keeping me on my toes i want to relax and watch the match :p

Java I think with your waters you feel like a trickle (tmi!!) or a gush but you can't control it??

I think I might go try a hot shower my back is in bits it might help!

Hmm I must keep an eye I'm getting them every 30 minutes-ish: but wouldn't be the first time that's happened either: they are just keeping me on my toes i want to relax and watch the match :p

Java I think with your waters you feel like a trickle (tmi!!) or a gush but you can't control it??

I think I might go try a hot shower my back is in bits it might help!
    you got a birthing ball ? get on that too!

ooh you could be first!

No I am starting to think I'll be last because of the fact I keep expecting to go early... :D

I think Twomums is right about the BH. If u get 6 or more in an hour then it's time to do
    Something.

Although this sounds disgusting, if ur not sure if it's urine or ur waters, have a sniff of the bad. I don't think there's any smell from your waters and u will know the smell of urine. Or if u can't stop it by squeezing those infamous pelvic floor muscles then it's your waters!
    I'm a wealth of knowledge now...bet ya I'll be asking the same questions in a couple
    Of weeks!ha!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yeah I think they said the waters might smell a little sweet if anything.
    Baby was head up again today I had hiccups under my left ribs, then at break I felt really ill all of a sudden, like my stomach turned. I was convinced junior had turned again and I'm right, just got hiccups in the groin which is the weirdest thing ever!!!

It's all about the colour from what we were told :) waters are clear (green go straight to maternity wait for no one, pink give them a call) and will smell sweet or metallic but we prob wouldn't notice the smell.
    Pee is pee coloured :D & will smell like pee!

A tip she gave for if your not sure was to empty your bladder & put on a pad. If the pad is wet within half an hour it's prob your waters :) she also said they like babies to be born within 18hrs of waters breaking so it's worth keeping an eye on!

Just brought the car seat downstairs and into the living room where the dogs were lying nice and relaxed...that was until I walked in.

They went crazy barking. My OH couldn't see the car seat and didn't know what they were barking at! It was mad.

I didn't make a fuss, just left it down in the armchair and let them sniff it. They've settled back down now like its not even there. Glad I took it down now. I'll bring in the pram in another few days.

• Advertisement

That's exactly why we got our car seat & buggy early so that our minx could get used to them if she decided to have a hissy fit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    It's all about the colour from what we were told :) waters are clear (green go straight to maternity wait for no one, pink give them a call) and will smell sweet or metallic but we prob wouldn't notice the smell.
    Pee is pee coloured :D & will smell like pee!

A tip she gave for if your not sure was to empty your bladder & put on a pad. If the pad is wet within half an hour it's prob your waters :) she also said they like babies to be born within 18hrs of waters breaking so it's worth keeping an eye on!

Hi Girls, sorry to butt in - I'm due baby no. 2 in Nov. Your waters will smell like semen (sorry TMI!!!!). That's how you will know!!

Thanks Funnyonion!

Thanks funnyonion :) although not info I can use :D

Thanks funny onion :D and seriously laughed my ass off twomums!!

Baby is being quiet tonight I reckon the non stop BH are upsetting her... So glad I in docs tomorrow. I'm exhausted so hopefully get some sleep... Although I don't know how I'm going to sleep!

Thanks funny onion :D and seriously laughed my ass off twomums!!

:D

Had really bad cramps shortly after 4am this morn. Woke up needing the loo, and the cramps came after. Didn't last too long and I was able to go back to sleep, but I think it's going to be a long four weeks wondering if every niggle is labour pains starting!
    I think my body let my bladder get too full before waking me.

Got a lovely parcel in the post from my sis-in-law today. She's such a dote! Had a tummy time mat and a few baby first toys that double as teethers! She sent me blankets and clothes last week. She's just great :)

What a lovely way to start the day Kildareash :) esp after a rough night!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I end up doing that too at night time Ash, I was sure my waters broke the other night I peed so much!!!! :D
    Has anyone seen short vests anywhere? the one with no buttons under the crotch? Midwife was saying last night they're good for at the start when you're trying to clean the cord stump.

• Advertisement

Argh my bump is itching like mad!! Just underneath where all the stretch marks are, I was driven demented last night!

Advertisement