Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kildareash I think I'm in for a very long few weeks too: managed to fall asleep last night about 230: I had said to hubby I was ringing hospital soon if the BH didn't ease off: they were coming every 20ish minutes by about 130: and then nothing! They are back this morning since about 530 but not regular or often enough to do anything about. I have had three showers since 9 o clock last night with my back though :rolleyes:

Ginny I've never seen vests like that for babies: let me know if you find them :)

Notsobusy: when the itching was driving me mad (seriously though I had fleas!) I used Aveeno and Calamine lotion: might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

cyning wrote: »
    Kildareash I think I'm in for a very long few weeks too: managed to fall asleep last night about 230: I had said to hubby I was ringing hospital soon if the BH didn't ease off: they were coming every 20ish minutes by about 130: and then nothing! They are back this morning since about 530 but not regular or often enough to do anything about. I have had three showers since 9 o clock last night with my back though :rolleyes:

Ginny I've never seen vests like that for babies: let me know if you find them :)

Notsobusy: when the itching was driving me mad (seriously though I had fleas!) I used Aveeno and Calamine lotion: might be worth a try.

Id be climbing the walls if I were you. I think I'd definitely have been on to the hospital by now, they seem to be so strong.

It's hard to know what's a pain that you need to take notice of and what is just general pregnancy ache or pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

kildareash wrote: »
    It's hard to know what's a pain that you need to take notice of and what is just general pregnancy ache or pain.

I'm the same way - they say you may have a show, but that some people won't (or won't notice). And your waters may break... or they might not. Or you might start scrubbing everything in sight... or not.

So instead, we have to look out for pains and contractions that we're already getting.... pregnant bellies should come with a built in egg-timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

my experience with my first was "I just Knew" the pain was getting stronger etc...and a bit unbearable. My waters hadnt broke but I rang the hospital and they told me to go in, this was 2am on a wednesday morning. (the day baby was due) i spent all day wednesday walking the halls of the hospital in the worst pain, by wednesday night, the pains were unbelieveable, i was moaning and groaning and i couldnt sleep a wink. At 7am on the thursday morning they brought me to the labour room, and broke my waters for me with like a big knitting needle type thing....then they gave me the epidural...which was some relief, i even slept for a bit...had to get the epi topped up at around lunch time, and then when that ran out, the anesitist was in an emergency section so couldnt come down to give me more, so i had about 1.5 hours of the worst pain in history. Then he eventually came down and topped it up. I was then told to push. My gorgeous daughter was born at 6.05pm 8lbs 2.5 oz.

The moral of the story is, when the pain is too much, then thats probably it.

But, the midwives are there for a reason. If you have any concerns then i think you should ring them. There is no harm in that. Cyning, you seem to be getting alot and quite frequently, i would ring them and ask just to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Cyning,
    id get in touch with hospital too to be on safe side.
    it could be labour or something simple like your not drinking enough.
    woke up 7 times last night needing to pee, perks of baby being engaged i guess.

I'm in doc in a few hours so I'm going to hang tough for awhile longer: totally irrational but I've really really felt like a total hypochondriac for the last few months: no matter how much the docs tell me I'm not, and I haven't had it easy I still feel it! Although I think if they hadn't stopped last night I would have rang: I'm not that bad :o

And Kash I totally agree an egg timer would be great :D

silly wrote: »
    my experience with my first was "I just Knew" the pain was getting stronger etc...and a bit unbearable. My waters hadnt broke but I rang the hospital and they told me to go in, this was 2am on a wednesday morning. (the day baby was due) i spent all day wednesday walking the halls of the hospital in the worst pain, by wednesday night, the pains were unbelieveable, i was moaning and groaning and i couldnt sleep a wink. At 7am on the thursday morning they brought me to the labour room, and broke my waters for me with like a big knitting needle type thing....then they gave me the epidural...which was some relief, i even slept for a bit...had to get the epi topped up at around lunch time, and then when that ran out, the anesitist was in an emergency section so couldnt come down to give me more, so i had about 1.5 hours of the worst pain in history. Then he eventually came down and topped it up. I was then told to push. My gorgeous daughter was born at 6.05pm 8lbs 2.5 oz.

The moral of the story is, when the pain is too much, then thats probably it.

But, the midwives are there for a reason. If you have any concerns then i think you should ring them. There is no harm in that. Cyning, you seem to be getting alot and quite frequently, i would ring them and ask just to be on the safe side.

I was thinking that you would "just know". It wld be a different pain to anything you've felt before. And the increasing intensity will be a bit of a giveaway.

Anyone else's partners have to go away close to their due date?
    Mine has been telling baby not to come this wk because he was busy with work ad he's due to go on a two day training course the week before my due date.
    He's torn whether he should go or not even tho he will only be an hours drive away!
    His parents live down the road, my sis is ten minutes away and my mam is fifteen minutes away, so I'll have plenty of people to look after me and he will be home in the evening. And he knows that labour is not
    Going to start and I'll give birth within an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Lots of cramping going on with ye last night, just catching up on all the posts since yesterday early evening.

Well I'm off work today. I started getting 5 BH's an hour between 5 and 7 yesterday, then it was about 3 or 4 per hour after that. They seemed stronger than usual, but still just BH's. Anyway, by 10pm I started feeling a bit worried and called the Rotunda and the midwife said just take 2 paracetemol and go straight to bed and if they continued and got stronger then to go in.

Luckily they didn't (probably slept through) but I was so exhausted I think that's part of what brought them on. So have had a good sleep, about to have a bath & midwife coming later today so I can get a check over.

I think baby might have gone head up as I feel this big round lump just under my rib cage, that might have irritated my uterus as well.

I'm glad I'm not the only one freaking out over BH's! We'll know when it's the real thing!

Mine has been telling baby not to come this wk because he was busy with work ad he's due to go on a two day training course the week before my due date.
    He's torn whether he should go or not even tho he will only be an hours drive away!

He should just go, if he's only an hour away, he won't miss much. If I go into labour during the day, my OH will always be an hour away at work. If I go on a weekend evening, he could be 2-3 hours away at a gig. I've always been told that things are super slow with your first.

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »

He should just go, if he's only an hour away, he won't miss much. If I go into labour during the day, my OH will always be an hour away at work. If I go on a weekend evening, he could be 2-3 hours away at a gig. I've always been told that things are super slow with your first.

That's what I'm telling him. It's sweet, he doesn't want to miss a thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jaysus I have had no BH, I reckon I'm here till the end of Aug so!!

He should defo go, an hour is not gonna make too much difference and if he does,he can always meet you in hospital..

Saying that, my oh has starting sleepwalking nightly now. He said he keeps dreaming I have to drive myself to hospital(2 mins away) cause he's at a gig and everyone keeps calling him a bad fiance and bad daddy! bless!!!

I think my bump is after getting much much smaller the baby has dropped so much,

My hubby has started cracking his fingers again: over 3 years it took me to get him out of that habit and in the last fortnight I am going to kick his ass if he doesn't stop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Ginny wrote: »
    Jaysus I have had no BH, I reckon I'm here till the end of Aug so!!
    Me neither! Just pressure pressure and more pressure!

silly wrote: »
    Me neither! Just pressure pressure and more pressure!

I don't get too many either, I get the tummy tightening but I never really feel it unless I'm touching my belly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I'm just feeling quite ill the last couple of days, baby turned yesterday and I thought i was going to puke all over my desk! I dunno how much pressure I have, my pelvis is always sore and I always need the loo anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

hi girls sorry i havnt beenon in a while,ds3 broke his arm and ive been over and back to droghada with him,the kitchen arroved on monday and dh is putting it in and its taking the poor man ages and im back to hospital momday baby is breech so im getting a sectiom date then
    sorry havnt red back,hope everyone is well

Tinkerbell4484 don't worry, you have an excuse not to be on here with 4 kiddies!! I think there's only one other of us that has a kid so the rest of us have lots of time to be posting on here.
    Probably we spend too much time chatting, but it's certainly kept me sane throughout the pregnancy as I'd be wearing the ears off everyone around me being a baby-bore.

Hope your wee one is feeling better. The mods on here are not keen on us using abbreviations like DH & DS like is used on other forums (took me ages to figure out what the hell it meant when I was on other sites haha). I kept thinking people were talking about Nintendo DS.

Hopefully baby will turn at last minute and you won't need section, but he/she will still arrive safely either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi Ladies,

I feel much better today. Stay in hospital was so nervous. Care I get in Coombe was great. There is not enough good words to say how nice all midwifes were.

Im glad to be back home, Hubby is happy that we are ok. he does not allow me to do almost anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

What does DH and DS mean? I'm still trying to work it out!

Saurelin great to hear you are feeling better!

notsobusy wrote: »
    What does DH and DS mean? I'm still trying to work it out!

Saurelin great to hear you are feeling better!

I'm not great on the abbreviations but I think DH is husband and DS is son basically. Very much open to correction!

Have you tried anything to get baby to turn tinker bell? Hope ur little boy is on the mend! Sounds like you've had a busy few weeks with hospitals and DIY, don't know how your still sane!

Delighted to hear your feeling better saurelin x

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

You're right Kildareash with the D being dear I believe...also open to correction :)

Was at docs.... all good except for the fact that I am getting BH every half hour or therabouts and I am exhausted: could be like this for days :eek:

Or 3 weeks... i would like completely crack up!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

it is so good to be back home.
    My cats gone mad, they are not leaving my site since yesterday.
    They even fallow me to bathroom.

Cyning I don't envy you BH.
    I had really strong on Tuesday in hospital, but staying in bed, drinking a lot of water and trying to relax helped.

Was at docs.... all good except for the fact that I am getting BH every half hour or therabouts and I am exhausted: could be like this for days :eek:

Or 3 weeks... i would like completely crack up!
    so did the doc tell you you could expect to go maybe? exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hey mums-to-be...
    I am currently studying for a Masters in Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy, and as a requirement of the course, we have to complete an Infant Observation. That involves coming to the family home and observing the baby and watching his/her development for 1 hour a week, from newborn until 2 years. I would be extremely grateful as you would be helping me with my training. I would be there in a non-judgemental and non-invasive manner, just observing the baby as you go about your normal day/activities! Im there to learn about babies!
    So I am looking for a mum, preferably in Dublin, who wouldnt mind me coming into their home for 1 hour a week. I provide a letter from my college. Ideadly, I would meet you and your partner before the baby is born, to arrange the observations once the baby is born, and answer any concerns, but mainly to see, if we like each other enough. Anyone who thinks that they may be able to help me, or know someone who may, please get in touch. amanda1985lynch@yahoo.ie

Heya, your work sounds interesting & I know how hard it is to get people to participate in research - particularly longitudinal studies.... I'd help you out but I really don't think I could commit to one hour a week for two full years. Hope you find somebody!

javagal wrote: »

He told me noone could tell me when I'm going to go, that I'm unique and he's been a GP for over 25 years and never had anyone like me :D but he thinks I will go sometime in the next week. I want to know exactly when I'm going to go: I hate the not knowing :p

He told me noone could tell me when I'm going to go, that I'm unique and he's been a GP for over 25 years and never had anyone like me :D but he thinks I will go sometime in the next week. I want to know exactly when I'm going to go: I hate the not knowing :p

Omg that's so exciting!

just think after all the crap you.ve been through you could meet your daughter in a week!

• Advertisement

Omg that's so exciting!

just think after all the crap you.ve been through you could meet your daughter in a week!

That's a bit mad alright: just ate a very spicy dinner :D I am utterly wrecked from it all I want it to be over now!!

Advertisement