Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    You're right Kildareash with the D being dear I believe...also open to correction :)

haha im such a culchie....thought that dh meant "d`other half"
    ds had me a bit fazed too but i was happy to call it "d`son"

mam who had 7 of us swears every pain you get before labour means one less during labour so chin up cyning....you should fly it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I think it's an American thing so you can be sure it's something dear but I prefer D'other half :D

Had a mini melt down tonight! TMI warning :) felt kinda wet down there & was worried my waters were trickling but have done the pad test & nothing so far showing on it! It's a weird feeling not being sure...I've decided a gush is much preferable...at least you are sure then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh Cyning, that's so exciting! We will know if u go quiet that baby has arrived!

Twomums, I've gone really paranoid about that. Keep imagining that I feel damp down there when I don't! I'd much prefer a gush too, at least that way you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

cyning wrote: »
    Was at docs.... all good except for the fact that I am getting BH every half hour or therabouts and I am exhausted: could be like this for days :eek:

Or 3 weeks... i would like completely crack up!

I'm like this too, sometimes there a little sore and other times there very painful and then there's the ones with constant back pain but no definite pattern I've six weeks left don't think I could bear six weeks of this:eek: so I'm in sympathy with you cyning!!

Re waters breaking my waters just leaked on my first pregnancy it was clear, pad was wet quickly, ie had to change it minimum of every half hour and it barely smelled just a slight sweet smell... I rang hosp and they asked was I sure I wasn't wetting myself and I remember thinking I think I'd know if I'd wet myself:) point being I just knew it was different!!! Only way they could check properly was an eternal...

Glad to know I'm not the only one Kildareash :) pad has stayed dry anyway!

Tinkerbell, I thought it would be like that needing to change pad every half hour or so :) just something definite will do me fine!

On the bright side it's amazing how quickly you can get your bags together when you think you might need them :D In fairness I have a few things still to get but have most of it :) and enough for an emergency!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

haha im such a culchie....thought that dh meant "d`other half"
    ds had me a bit fazed too but i was happy to call it "d`son"

:D

i only know what these mean because of another site i follow. they can be a bit confusing, especially when it gets to more than two letters..like dss etc.

cynig things definitely seem to happening with you don't they? fingers crossed everything goes well. what date are you due?

my due date is july 26th but i'm being induced on july 13th. Meeting my consultant next week and will see him twice a week after that.

i'm so ready now though, i have awful pressure and any bit of walking or sitting for long periods is very painful. i have gestational diabetes too and am injecting insulin and watching blood sugar levels all the time. so i'm in and out of THAT clinic too.(of course the antenatal and diabetic clinic are on different days..typical) After all this is over i don't want to see another white coat..ever!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Not due till the 8th of July....

If I thought my bump had dropped before it really has now: I have a little bit of a waist again! Some of the BH have made me cry: desperately sore :( I'll get there I don't care once baba is good! What will I be like once I'm ACTUALLY in labour?! I feel like an awful baby: but I think I'm just exhausted too which probably doesn't help.

Twomums some shopping tomorrow for you so?!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Cyning - the countdown is definitely on for you now! We have the same due date but I presume I'll be after that (though I'll try everything to get her out on time!). Best of luck if you do go soon!

Baby elegance in Dundrum are having a sale tomorrow in case anybody is interested. Hoping to pick up a few bits though they haven't all their offers on their FB page or website so not really sure what's on offer!

Yep Cyning will be getting the last few bits before the end of the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oooh cyning so exciting!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

twomums, i get that feeling all the time. it seems to get worse the further i go.

baby is being evil tonight-killer back pain and puked twice. Urgh. hurry up 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

I think it's an American thing so you can be sure it's something dear but I prefer D'other half :D

Had a mini melt down tonight! TMI warning :) felt kinda wet down there & was worried my waters were trickling but have done the pad test & nothing so far showing on it! It's a weird feeling not being sure...I've decided a gush is much preferable...at least you are sure then :)
    kildareash wrote: »
    Oh Cyning, that's so exciting! We will know if u go quiet that baby has arrived!

Twomums, I've gone really paranoid about that. Keep imagining that I feel damp down there when I don't! I'd much prefer a gush too, at least that way you know!

Hi Girls, for what it's worth when my waters broke on my little girl, it was a definate gush. A lot of water and it shot out! It was 3am on a Monday night and I was asleep and it woke me. No pain though. Headed to the hospital and they did an internal. waters hadn't gone fully but membranes had broken. They kept me in but labour didn't start. They decided to induce me Wednesday but baby turned into breech position so the beautiful Jane was eventually delivered by emergency c-section on Wednesday at 13.41. Will never forget seeing her face for the first time and thinking how tiny and perfect her little mouth was.

Looking forward to experiencing all that again in a few weeks (minus the secion I hope :))

i am so crampy today. pains in back and down there, kinda like period pain (if i remember correctly)- its a constant pain though.

anyone feel like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

notsobusy wrote: »
    What does DH and DS mean? I'm still trying to work it out!

DH, DS & DD are definitely Dear Husband, son, daughter. Also DP is Dear Partner. I think it's an American thing, have seen it on lots of sites but if you're not in the know it's very confusing!
    Was at docs.... all good except for the fact that I am getting BH every half hour or therabouts and I am exhausted: could be like this for days :eek:

Oh wow Cyning, getting close. I've been getting BH every hour or half hour past couple days and my midwife said to try not to tense up when you get them, practise your breathing on them etc
    mam who had 7 of us swears every pain you get before labour means one less during labour so chin up cyning....you should fly it:)

I'm hoping this is true, my BH's seem to be getting stronger & I feel them more at the top of my uterus now. I like to think I'm getting good practise in!

Well had midwife over yesterday and all perfect again. Baby is still head down with his back to my left so I was wrong about his head being up under my ribs, she said that was probably just a hard bottom! She said she could definitely feel he's put on weight nicely since last time she saw me. Measuring exactly 34cm, iron levels perfect, heart rate and all that perfect, so still happy days.

She really really went over needing to relax. Also I tend to tense up if baby does some crazy movements as well as when I have BH's so she suggested using the yoga breathing throughout as it will make the BH's much better.

Java what made you puke? Are you getting morning sickness type stuff again?

Mink wrote: »
    notsobusy wrote: »
    What does DH and DS mean? I'm still trying to work it out!

DH, DS & DD are definitely Dear Husband, son, daughter. Also DP is Dear Partner. I think it's an American thing, have seen it on lots of sites but if you're not in the know it's very confusing!

Oh wow Cyning, getting close. I've been getting BH every hour or half hour past couple days and my midwife said to try not to tense up when you get them, practise your breathing on them etc

I'm hoping this is true, my BH's seem to be getting stronger & I feel them more at the top of my uterus now. I like to think I'm getting good practise in!

Well had midwife over yesterday and all perfect again. Baby is still head down with his back to my left so I was wrong about his head being up under my ribs, she said that was probably just a hard bottom! She said she could definitely feel he's put on weight nicely since last time she saw me. Measuring exactly 34cm, iron levels perfect, heart rate and all that perfect, so still happy days.

She really really went over needing to relax. Also I tend to tense up if baby does some crazy movements as well as when I have BH's so she suggested using the yoga breathing throughout as it will make the BH's much better.

Java what made you puke? Are you getting morning sickness type stuff again?

i never got morning sickness so maybe its my bodys way of making me experience everything!

tbh i just think i ate too close to bed and lying down brought it back up!

Morning sickness can come at the end too, sure isn't there a big hormone surge around now or something.

Started getting BH again last night...haven't had them in a couple of weeks. Very emotional as well!

So disappointed I had to bale on the ladies today! Definately meet up with the little ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I had morning sickness on and off lately aswell.

BH by 3am were coming every 15-20 minutes and then just stopped!! Re-started about 530 but back to every half an hour: java I have constant period like pain that just doesn't go.

And at 37 weeks I'm now drinking pineapple juice I've really missed it woohoo :) and went for a walk... I do not want to be pregnant anymore: I want my little girl (or boy just in case!!) to be here.

My sickness has changed again too: the puke bowl is back beside me on the couch: but nowhere near as bad just because I'm slow moving and it seems to come in waves with BH

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

:o I've been drinking Pineapple juice all the way through!!
    I've been feeling ill these last few days too after I eat, i reckon I just don't have enough room to have a full meal, and junior is then kicking my full stomach.

Ginny wrote: »
    :o I've been drinking Pineapple juice all the way through!!
    I've been feeling ill these last few days too after I eat, i reckon I just don't have enough room to have a full meal, and junior is then kicking my full stomach.

I'd say out stomachs are a similar size to baby's now...which is about the size of a malteser!

Had a little nap in the middle of the day for the last couple of days. Dont know how I'll cope in work next week!

Won two tickets to the Kildare game tomorrow so im happy out now! And at least if the excitement of the match sends me into early labour I will only be down the road from the hospital ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

javagal wrote: »
    i am so crampy today. pains in back and down there, kinda like period pain (if i remember correctly)- its a constant pain though.

anyone feel like this
    I was like that earlier.. Grand this morning when I got up, did some cleaning, hoovering etc then went to the Pavillion shopping centre and found it unbearable to walk round!! Think I overdid it on the cleaning, back ache was doing my head in!!..

I don't know what it is, but every morning I wake up with a really bad pain in my left knee and it doesn't go away for ages. My joints must be taking a hammering with the extra weight or something.

So excited for the match today. Raging it'll probably be my one and only this year! Don't think it wld be right to bring a newborn to a match, although I'm sure I'd been to most football pitches and athletics clubs in the county as a baby...the advantages of being one of those "surprises".

I hurt my right knee a good while ago and although it's still ok (fingers crossed) I can feel it hurt a little at every loo visit! I'm hoping it will hold out until after delivery :)

You could get your little one baby ear defenders for the matches & away you go ;)

I hurt my right knee a good while ago and although it's still ok (fingers crossed) I can feel it hurt a little at every loo visit! I'm hoping it will hold out until after delivery :)

You could get your little one baby ear defenders for the matches & away you go ;)

I'd say daddy might have something to say about that tho! He's not as big a sports nut :)

Hope your knee holds out...I think mine is actually related to the back pain. Going to need some serious manipulation to get my back aligned after this!

Let Daddy babysit while you head off :p

Let Daddy babysit while you head off :p

I fully intend too ;)
    How you feeling? Are those BH still as intense?

Oh don't talk to me: was in hosp last night on trace because baby would not move for me: not even after I ate smarties: smarties ALWAYS make her move! And I have to be so careful with movements more so than I would without a thyroid problem.

So anyway still getting BH sometimes every 15 minutes sometimes they space back out to 30 minutes: I am exhausted: they told me to take paracetamol: just wrecked now. And very very sore :(

Oh Cyning hope the trace went ok last night! The sooner your little one arrives the better :)

Your belly is certainly getting ready for eviction! Mine is a lazy belly...no practice going on here at all...the first one I get will scare the bejesus out of me :D

Oh don't talk to me: was in hosp last night on trace because baby would not move for me: not even after I ate smarties: smarties ALWAYS make her move! And I have to be so careful with movements more so than I would without a thyroid problem.

So anyway still getting BH sometimes every 15 minutes sometimes they space back out to 30 minutes: I am exhausted: they told me to take paracetamol: just wrecked now. And very very sore :(

I presume all was well with the trace?
    U poor thing, your going to have the easiest, most placid, laid back baby after this...you deserve it after what they put u through the last nine months.
    Hopefully not too much longer for you x

• Advertisement

Oh ya sorry trace went fine baby is a complete mad thing: and sods law despite only having one movement in nearly 8 hours she kicked 9 times in 30 minutes!! She just trying to worry me :) and she succeeding...

This morning I don't think I've gone 5 minutes without a movement I dunno how I'm going to get through another night of this :D

Advertisement