Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

notsobusy wrote: »
    Ok i think my waters just broke....doing the pad test now to make sure I'm not hallucinating....just got into bed there and was like oops I peed a little bit but now thinking its my waters. I'm also getting what I think are BH/contractions!!!

Keep us posted :-) fingers crossed for you. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Right I'm a muppet, my waters haven't broken as far as I can make out but getting terrible pains so just keeping an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Ok i think my waters just broke....doing the pad test now to make sure I'm not hallucinating....just got into bed there and was like oops I peed a little bit but now thinking its my waters. I'm also getting what I think are BH/contractions!!!

I'm guessing that as you haven't been back on since baby number 4 is on its way :) I hope all is going well & good luck!

Lol cross post :) its easy done...I thought mine had gone 2 weeks ago! Are the pains in anyway regular?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Right I'm a muppet, my waters haven't broken as far as I can make out but getting terrible pains so just keeping an eye on them.

Ooh exciting! Another July baby cld be on the way!!! Keep us posted and good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Keep us posted nsb!

I think all this Optimal Foetal Positioning hooha has encouraged my baby to spin completely round and be totally back to back. I am sure i can feel knees at my belly button. It's very depressing.

I am sure that the only reason she came out of the good position in the first place was because I was lying down with my feet up to stop them swelling - under bloody doctors instructions.

So, now I have ridiculously swollen ankles, a badly positioned baby, and I haven't sat comfortably in days. And while I'm in rant mode... I'm also puking every morning and have diarrhea to boot. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Notsobusy - very easily done! I'm constantly thinking - 'this is it' but I've resigned myself to the fact that she'll be a late baby now though. Maybe not a bad thing now that I've got wimbeldon to keep me entertained for the next while ;)

Kash-poor you. The last few weeks are really not nice!

Kash she could be side on...I can feel feet, knees, fists & elbows but she is head down looking sideways! Not ideal but better than back to back :) You sound like you are having a horrible time...hopefully you won't have long left!

Mamaheidi totally with you on Wimbledon :) if not for the impending arrival I had hoped to get tickets (ideally women's final) for my partners birthday this year! Bump kinda ruled it out so I didn't enter the ballot...maybe next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Don't they say that babies generally start out looking like their fathers...something to do with being recognised as their young & therefore not getting rejected? I'm going back to the cave man/woman era with this theory :D

I've heard this as well. You ALWAYS hear people saying "oh the baby is the spit of his/her daddy". It's sort of inbuilt in us to acknowledge that the dad is in fact the dad & to verbally say it to him. Sure there's never a confusion re the mother.
    Ginny wrote: »
    I probably was looking a bit like a stranded turtle...:D

My OH called me a turtle last night as I was trying to get out of bed, it's really difficult sometimes!! I'm also finding it difficult getting on & off the loo, like an old lady.
    Kash she could be side on...I can feel feet, knees, fists & elbows but she is head down looking sideways! Not ideal but better than back to back :)

Mine's the same I'm almost positive. I think that's an alright position to start off with & baby should turn while in the canal so he's facing down... in theory.

Oh my stretch marks are after getting so bad. They are big angry purple lightening bolts on the bottom of my belly. Thankfully I can't see them without a mirror. But they actually spread all the way down to my unmentionables, I can see them through my lady garden shrubbery (jesus I need a wax, but I'm too embarrassed to go to my waxer lady). I think this may because I'm been carrying low for several weeks & it's just all strained down there.

Mink the midwife at our antenatal classes was talking about women getting waxed & said sure we can do that for free...nobody enquired any further :D
    The support belt I have might help as it takes the pressure off the lower abdomen muscles...I think my doc suggested it when my stretch marks started to increase :)

• Advertisement

Lol cross post :) its easy done...I thought mine had gone 2 weeks ago! Are the pains in anyway regular?

Yep getting them every 25/30 mins at the moment, like really really bad cramping. Poor OH just rang me in a panic because some of the cows broke out and he needed me to come down and help him move them. After we'd finished he was like are you ok? I said yeah I'm grand I think I'm having contractions, the look on his face was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Yep getting them every 25/30 mins at the moment, like really really bad cramping. Poor OH just rang me in a panic because some of the cows broke out and he needed me to come down and help him move them. After we'd finished he was like are you ok? I said yeah I'm grand I think I'm having contractions, the look on his face was priceless.

lol love it notso!

best of luck girl-keep us posted as soon as you can !x

Well fair play to you for sorting the cows out while having contractions :D although they say distraction is the best pain relief! Looks like baby 4 is on the way after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I feel like a big heap of poo today... bh back with a vengence... but they are deffo only BH :rolleyes:

Notsobusy are you going to give us a new baby to coo over soon :D

I hope so cyning!!!

I hope this is just not my overactive imagination but the pains are definitely coming and going away again!! Going to ring the hopsital in a bit when OH gets in from the cows.

I didn't really help that much, I just parked the jeep on the road so that they couldn't get past me and they went straight back into the field. I'm just pottering around at the moment double checking I've everything ready just in case it is the real thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I hope so cyning!!!

I hope this is just not my overactive imagination but the pains are definitely coming and going away again!! Going to ring the hopsital in a bit when OH gets in from the cows.

I didn't really help that much, I just parked the jeep on the road so that they couldn't get past me and they went straight back into the field. I'm just pottering around at the moment double checking I've everything ready just in case it is the real thing!

Best of luck girl! Fair play to be farm hand at a time like this..
    my hubby is in the horrors that i go into labour when he is 30 mins into milking...he promised to ring a local fella to have him on stand by this week...

with this being my 2nd things could go quite quick, so we wont be able to delay.
    My waters never broke with my 1st, so i dont know what to expect if they break this time!

I hope so cyning!!!

Good plan. I went from super organised to chaos!
    So much for Getting tinted moisturiser...i didn't even have a hair brush for two days! And my legs and underarms have never been More European (sorry tmi)!

Fingers crossed I get outta here today! There are women who have had sections since I came in that have been discharged already!
    Her security tag keeps falling off her leg so worst case scenario I'm going to leave that in her cot and smuggle her out!

Pains seemed to have eased off a good bit now :( Still getting them but not that often but I think it's still the start of something! :D

Pains seemed to have eased off a good bit now :( Still getting them but not that often but I think it's still the start of something! :D

fingers crossed they come back notsobusy.! fair play to ya keeping busy.

ash,you must be so fed up at this point,poor thing.

oh just left for chilis, ill admit it,im sitting on the bottom step of the stairs with Kojak Crying lol,

my mam and baby bro and sis are coming up soon tho yay !

Notsobusy definately a good sign I think!

Java I'd be crying too: its the hormones (thats what I keep saying anyway!)

Kildareash hope you get to go home today: nothing worse than being in hosp: except being in hosp when your not actually sick :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Just back from docs, baby hasn't dropped at all, turned alright but the wrong way completely, head under my ribs again. Looking like a section for me :( gutted.

Just back from docs, baby hasn't dropped at all, turned alright but the wrong way completely, head under my ribs again. Looking like a section for me :( gutted.

You've another two weeks so there is a chance baby could still turn back the right way (& then back the wrong way again :confused:).

Did the doc give any indication that he had hope the baby would turn?

Two hours in the hosp today to find both the consultant AND his registrar were off. And nobody can make a decision what to do with me because they need the consultant to do that. And I'm to come back next Tues. SO mad.

I could scream I'm so cross :mad:

At least the guy who was there (and he was a locum from what I could tell seen as he kept talking about how they do things in "his" hospital) put in my notes that there is to be a paedeatriac doctor there when baby is born.

Head is down and engaged: they wouldn't guess the weight though: they don't after 38 weeks! Baby is fine which is the main thing: does not mean I am not cross though!

Geez Cyning that would have me fuming! Leaving you another week without a decision so close to your due date is just not on!
    At least your little one is well & he has put it in your notes that doc has to be present at the birth and baby is well which is great but you have every right to be angry :)
    Where ya not tempted to ask him to let you give birth at his hospital :D

Oh I was so unimpressed... I could have argued for Ireland about them unnecessarily putting my baby at risk... Wouldn't you think considering that was my tenth scan there would be a bit more organisation?!

I'm trying to be a bit more positive now I'm just so releived a doc will deffo be there now without a fight :)

Anyway just out of interest has anyone else been swabbed for mrsa? I was told it was routine but u don't know if they meant routine for everyone or just those who have been inpatients in hospital or for those attending the high risk clinic?

Still in hospital :(
    Her levels r just above the level for the phototherapy bed. We will be here for two nights at least. She's back on the bed now and they will test her again in the morn on the bed and 12 hours later which will be tomorrow night.
    I cld see myself that she was gone quiet lethargic again, so I wasn't completely surprised. I've just never heard of anyone going through all this for jaundice.

Spent most of the day crying! Think it's a combo of hormones, disappointment and frustration. But I will hopefully have company tomorrow. OH's cousins gf is being induced tomorrow morn. Hopefully N will have a new cousin by tomorrow night or Thursday morn.

kildareash wrote: »
    Still in hospital :(
    Her levels r just above the level for the phototherapy bed. We will be here for two nights at least. She's back on the bed now and they will test her again in the morn on the bed and 12 hours later which will be tomorrow night.
    I cld see myself that she was gone quiet lethargic again, so I wasn't completely surprised. I've just never heard of anyone going through all this for jaundice.

Spent most of the day crying! Think it's a combo of hormones, disappointment and frustration. But I will hopefully have company tomorrow. OH's cousins gf is being induced tomorrow morn. Hopefully N will have a new cousin by tomorrow night or Thursday morn.

want me to come steal your baby so they'll have to let ya go ?

Oh kildareash you poor thing :( at least you're able to stay with her: very small consolation I know :( I hope she has a dramatic improvement today so both of you can get home :)

welcome baby notsobusy!
    who is next!

• Advertisement

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

My money is on either Cyning, Java or Mamaheidi next.

Advertisement