Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kildareash I think your going to have to get your OH to say something: it's not fair on you: she'll end up totally stressing you out :(

I hope Robinc has her babs now!

My baby has decided now that my body is a less hostile place for her to be she's just going to stay in there. Until December. At least :D I just had a little chat with her and told her her Mummy and Daddy really really want to meet her, and she's making her Mummy really, really tired and sick and if she could just come out now it would be brilliant... now i really feel like a nutter!

Notsobusy I reckon hubby will be the same trying to change babies nappy: he has never changed one and I think he's secretly quite worried about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Cyning, that's very cute not nuts!

I actually don't know if OH has ever changed a nappy, might have done so with his niece 12 years ago! I know I saw him feed a bottle to a baby 4 years ago.

I actually can't wait to see baby with OH, I think it will make me cry - watching him look after our son - oh bless

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

still no bubs then
    im sorry cyning it must be very disappointing with all the stopping and starting but fair play to you ,youre taking it well:)
    id say robin cant b4 far off now......hopefully

kildare ash ...the cheek of her sounds like your flying it ,id be upset with her,tell your other half to sort it out or give her lots of jobs like cooking and ironing she will soon get bored of her depressed daughter in law:D
    that cream twpmums mentioned is supposed to be brill...theres something about cabbage leaves too,cant remember what though

just back from tesco they have huggies newborn organic cotton nappies (with the little cutout bits for the cord)reduced down to 3.20 for 27pack ,im finally getting organised ;)
    hope yer all well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Well, it's a good thing I went to the doc, as they are worried about pre-eclampsia. They are admitting me to the hospital this afternoon, and the doc thinks I might be there until D-day.

I'll keep you all posted xx

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

Kash wrote: »
    Well, it's a good thing I went to the doc, as they are worried about pre-eclampsia. They are admitting me to the hospital this afternoon, and the doc thinks I might be there until D-day.

good job you went,least you will be able to relax and let nurses do the worrying.best of luck:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

cyning wrote: »
    My baby has decided now that my body is a less hostile place for her to be she's just going to stay in there. Until December. At least :D I just had a little chat with her and told her her Mummy and Daddy really really want to meet her, and she's making her Mummy really, really tired and sick and if she could just come out now it would be brilliant...

Uh, yeah, this was me 100%. I had been talking to my bump all the time--alone or in any sort of company--asking him/her to please make a move. After being certain that babe would come two weekends ago, then being certain that it would be this past weekend, I am starting to feel that things are happening. And wouldn't you know it, this week I have two things that I really need to be present for, not that baby is all that interested.

This afternoon we have the signing for our new house. My husband can't make it, so it's on me to sign. I also have a horrible pregnancy-related pyogenic granuloma on the side of my eyebrow (don't google it--really). I have been waiting to see the dermatologist since April and finally have an appointment for Thursday morning. If baby could please stay until Thursday around 9:30am that would be greatly appreciated! Why can't there be an eject button?

Oh wow, as mmm...chicken says, at least you can get some real rest & get looked after & feel assured that you are being monitored.

Also, maybe the rest will help the symptoms go away & you can head home for the last bit.

Best of luck!!

Oh yuck :mad: at least they are keeping an eye though. Fingers crossed. I really realy wish there was an eject button too!

Feest I got one of those on my back years ago: I think I was maybe 15/16 I have never heard of anyone else having one: half thought I'd made it up! They are fairly easily removed iirc!

Cabbage leaves go in the fridge and you put them in your bra to help with pain etc ;) well I think seen as baby just will not make an appearance!!

I'm after ironing shirts and jumpers for hubbie for a few days (when I'm in hosp after having babs he can work mornings and keep his holidays for after :) hes not allowed into hosp untill 12 regardless) and mopping

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

Feest I got one of those on my back years ago: I think I was maybe 15/16 I have never heard of anyone else having one: half thought I'd made it up! They are fairly easily removed iirc!

Thanks cyning--good to know. Apparently some 5% of women get them in pregnancy and it's common that they disappear on their own a day or so after delivery. I'm just a lucky one who got one on her face :rolleyes:
    Cabbage leaves go in the fridge and you put them in your bra to help with pain etc ;) well I think seen as baby just will not make an appearance!!

I have heard this as well--that it's a real miracle worker. Seems so odd!
    I'm after ironing shirts and jumpers for hubbie for a few days (when I'm in hosp after having babs he can work mornings and keep his holidays for after :) hes not allowed into hosp untill 12 regardless) and mopping

You're a better woman that me! I'm still in my dressing gown :o

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Eject button, I'd like that...or teleportation or something. Get it over with like!
    Kildareash, I'd be inclined to agree with mmmmchicken, I had a big long post written out there on the phone a while ago that detailed an evil plan to micromanage the nice lady out of your house, but didn't my landlord call over befor I posted it and the stupid phone died in the meantime! Seriously, bit of reverse psychology in that like, here let me do those annoying baby jobs, but any chance you could head out to the shops in the rain for me there :D I joke, but I'm pretty sure this baby is going to be born the next bond villian cos it's bringing out all sorts of evil streaks in me lately!

Kash, I'm really glad you got that checked out lady! Sucks about being stuck in the hospital now for so long though, but I'll be seeing you there next week, twomums as well? Session on girls, haha! If you need anything brought in to you let me know, I'm only down the road :)
    I'm wrecked now today after all my stomping round the place yesterday, swelled up feet, sore hips and all the whinges in the world! Cyning where do you get your patience and energy at all?! I'm calling witchcraft on you. Witchcraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kash glad to hear the kick up the ass was worthwhile and they are going to keep a close eye on you from here on out. Fingers crossed the swelling eases up for you as I can imagine its pretty uncomfortable!

Yep NyquistFreak we could all be in together at the rate we are going :D we just need Kiwi & we have the full set...or are there other limerick maternity peeps I don't know about :)

Well I just passed consultant on corridor so at least I know he's here today!!

Now to wait :)

Well I just passed consultant on corridor so at least I know he's here today!!

Now to wait :)

Well that's a good thing...I'm surprised you didn't handcuff yourself to him so that he can't disappear on you :D I hope you get some answers today Cyning!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Fingers crossed for Robinc! And best of luck cyning-hope they can do something for you today. Kash- keep us posted... my feet are like tree trunks in the evenings too these days - major cankles!

Is anybody sleeping way too much? I feel kind of bad posting this seeing as some of you are struggling to get a full night sleep but I'm sleeping 9/10 hours a night and apart from getting up to the loo 4 or 5 times I'm sleeping right through. Every few nights I'll have to get up and sit on my ball because of back pain but that's about it. And I sleep for at least 2/3 hours during the day - sometimes even taking two naps. It terrifies me because I know I won't get a third of that sleep once babs arrives :eek: I think this is what I'm most scared of!

I sleep through most nights bar waking up to pee a few times & whatever way bump has moved I get a decent fill before needing the loo :D I turn each time I go back to bed but fall asleep pretty quickly!

If I could get a three hour feed baby with Kildareash I would be delighted as that's my pee routine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Robinc just announced on fb she had a little girl!

Re: the sleep, I'm sleeping so well I've started snoring. Hubby actually went into the spare room at 2am this morning cos my snoring woke him.:(
    And I get up once, usually 5am for a wee.

Great - I felt like I was some sort of sleep-hog while everyone else was struggling. Great to hear you're a snorer too because I've also acquired a snoring habit - I'm sure it's very attractive :D

Congrats to RobinC! I think cyning, Java & me are due next on the list but why am I the only one not having any signs of any movement down there! My little one certainly has not inherited my annoying punctuality - I would have been here a week ago for fear of being late!

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Congrats RobinC on newest arrival!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Mink wrote: »
    notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

!

Congrats to robinc, what's that now 3 girls 2 boys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Kildareash,

I got the tommee tippee nipple shields, I was trying to bf, but now just expressing a bit, and they were really comfortable and stuck on well, I grabbed them in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

congrats robinc!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Charlie was 7lbs 2 when he was born if you want to put that on the list! The PHN was out today and he's 7lb 5! She was really shocked that he is doing so well :D He's also really long, top of the range for his age :D

I've also turned into a freak by putting loads of pics of him on FB, does anyone else find that weird? I don't at all as I am as proud as punch!

I slept really well coming to end of my pregnancy too, only got up to pee. So perhaps it's our bodies way of making up for the crap sleep we get after the baby is born!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Congrats to robinc !!!

I am so flippin fed up still... I can't take this.

Nothing fits me, I just went to penneys and bought size 8 runners(i'm a 6.5) so I could go walking and they wont fit...

Congrats RobinC :)

Javagal I know you are getting frustrated but your little one will come when she is ready or they will force her out in the end ;) Keep an eye on the swelling - like Kash it's better to get it checked :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Congrats RobinC :)

Javagal I know you are getting frustrated but your little one will come when she is ready or they will force her out in the end ;) Keep an eye on the swelling - like Kash it's better to get it checked :)

Yeah I'm kinda wondering when to know what is too much swelling..

I kinda forget what my feet and ankles look like though!

Congrats Robinc... woohoo movement again on the baby front :)

I'm being induced tomorrow night: I nearly cried I was so relieved. Had an internal and they said I was borderline but went off to consultant (who'd been called to an emergency section :() and he said to induce me. So go in at 730 tomorrow evening and get first lot of gel about 10ish tomorrow night!

Delighted now: hopefully will have babs Thurs at some stage maybe Friday!

Mamaheidi I've had a show etc and NO movements: I bet Java would agree too it would be far better just to go then to have days and days of BH etc :)

Congrats Robinc... woohoo movement again on the baby front :)

I'm being induced tomorrow night: I nearly cried I was so relieved. Had an internal and they said I was borderline but went off to consultant (who'd been called to an emergency section :() and he said to induce me. So go in at 730 tomorrow evening and get first lot of gel about 10ish tomorrow night!

Delighted now: hopefully will have babs Thurs at some stage maybe Friday!

Mamaheidi I've had a show etc and NO movements: I bet Java would agree too it would be far better just to go then to have days and days of BH etc :)

Aww delighted for you cyning- finally coming to an end for you!!! Chuffed for ya, really am!!!

Mamaheidi, I've had show and nausea and pains and Nothing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Java, the swelling in my feet has got so bad that i can barely bend at the ankle or toes. In shoe size, i'm normally a 4/5, but by mum's extra wide size 8 slippers were too tight. And i had oedema of the lower abdomen too. But better to be safe than sorry, it's at the very least worth a phone call.

Well, they admitted me to the hospital, but it doesn't look like they'll keep me for weeks. My blood pressure is on the way down, so the main thing they're looking out for now is protein in th:rolleyes:e urine. Which means I have been given a massive jug and have to collect all pee in it for 24 hours. And if that wasn't embarrassing enough, they have also given me some rather stunning white support stockings to help with the swelling. Mmmm, sexy :)

In good news though, they did a trace and the baby is doing great (textbook happy baby) and no-one seems concerned about the position. Yay!

• Advertisement

Cyning - so so happy for you! You'll have your little one in two days ;-) Great news! Girls I didn't mean to complain about having no symptoms - I just thought that at least a sign might indicate that I'll give birth some time this year :p

Kash that sounds painful. My cankles are also swollen but tend to go down slightly when I sit with my feet up (any excuse!) did the docs give you any other tips on how to get the swelling down by any chance?

Advertisement