Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Congrats Robinc!!

Kash meet your sister, have to go in for obs on Thursday for my BP....:( If it's not good I'll be kept in, also on BP meds now 4 times a day...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kash I know exactly how you feel about the peeing in a jug thing: I used to have to do that with the hyperemesis: it's mortifying :p and the midwives couldn't give two flying fiddlers its all in our heads!

Mamaheidi I didn't think you were complaining... just didn't want you to think you weren't going to have babs anytime soon :D

Also... I have just realised I am terrified about giving birth. terrified. scared. petrified :eek:

Ginny fingers crossed all will be okay too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Also... I have just realised I am terrified about giving birth. terrified. scared. petrified :eek:

Yep - me too! Apparently the midwife from our antenatal class believes that we're not being asked to do anything that we weren't designed to do and that a positive attitude helps :confused: But I'm going to be sure to shout for pain relief when I want it.

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Yep - me too! Apparently the midwife from our antenatal class believes that we're not being asked to do anything that we weren't designed to do and that a positive attitude helps :confused: But I'm going to be sure to shout for pain relief when I want it.

I'm sure being scared is probably normal: but ya positivity will be radiating from me tomorrow night! If i can get over the scaredy cat part!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

congrats robinc ....first official july baby,delighted for you:)

great news cyning...tag ur it;)

just back from my full moon walkie,im soaked but unfortunately its not my waters just pissing it down in tipp tonight,other half came along under protest but i suppose its safer to humour me theese days

he reckons he is gonna start a thread for "abandoned partners to the due in july women"

• Advertisement

congrats robinc ....first official july baby,delighted for you:)

great news cyning...tag ur it;)

just back from my full moon walkie,im soaked but unfortunately its not my waters just pissing it down in tipp tonight,other half came along under protest but i suppose its safer to humour me theese days

he reckons he is gonna start a thread for "abandoned partners to the due in july women"

I reckon my poor hubby would need to join too haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

think we're all petrified of birth!
    just trying not to think of this part and focusing on meeting my baby girl!

ooh can't wait for you Cyning!

my cousins waters broke earlier today and she is heading to her birthing centre(she's in uk).

really is an amazing amount of July sprogs

Ive just realised this is mine and hubby's last night alone without our babs :)

cyning wrote: »
    Ive just realised this is mine and hubby's last night alone without our babs :)

enjoy it girlie!
    could not be happier for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Delighted Cyning :) at least you have a plan now & you will have your little girl (80%) in a day or so! Enjoy the last night of just the two of you :)

I think it is pretty normal to be scared....if my guy decides on a natural birth I bet I'll be totally freaked out....not because of the natural birth as such but because for ages it has looked more like a section so my head hasn't prepared for a natural birth :eek:

Re swelling my midwife told me that my socks shouldn't leave a mark when I took them off if that helps but that was ages ago...it might be different later in pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My socks always leave marks, for hours!

Excited for you cyning, keep us posted if you can!

Knowing me I'll probably be glued to my phone even in labour haha :D Or at least untill they bring me into delivery room where phone has to go off!

Realistically I don't see much happening untill Thursday afternoon if I get gel about 10ish tomorrow night and again Thursday morning!

My mother had to drive out to see me earlier to take a photo of us together because she had no photos of me pregnant... I swear to god I do love her but I think my head will be wrecked when baby gets here!

I feel like I'm about to go on holidays I'm so excited :)

Knowing me I'll probably be glued to my phone even in labour haha :D Or at least untill they bring me into delivery room where phone has to go off!

Realistically I don't see much happening untill Thursday afternoon if I get gel about 10ish tomorrow night and again Thursday morning!

My mother had to drive out to see me earlier to take a photo of us together because she had no photos of me pregnant... I swear to god I do love her but I think my head will be wrecked when baby gets here!

eeek ! im all excited cause your all excited!!

we're all gonna have lovely little babies very soon
    he he he he

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Fingers crossed for you.
    I'm excited for you too :-D
    hubby is joking that I spend more time talking about 'my july girls' then having actual conversation with him :-P

My sister went home last night.
    I'm happy I had a chance to spend time with her but it is so good to be at home alone :-D

we get last few bits and pieces for baby yesterday (inc. cot mobile) in MC. I love sales !

Saurelin wrote: »
    hubby is joking that I spend more time talking about 'my july girls' then having actual conversation with him :-P

My OH gets daily updates re who's gone into labour, booked for induction or had their baby. He's now convinced I'm going to go early as so many July girls have!

As is mine! He was also asking how many are due after me, I think he sees it as a bit of a competition! :D
    Was fast asleep this morning and the the stupid neighbours 2 doors up started getting stupid new windows in!!!! I thought there was someone outside banging on my window! I'm also having a soppy morning, hub went out at 8am and did the shipping before woke, he is fab!

He did shopping at 8am? That's impressive. My OH took over the weekly shop months ago. It was getting to the point where I had totally numb legs, sore back & in tears by the time I was getting to the till in Tescos. I felt bad about it initially but now there is really no way I could manage it due to not being able to walk/stand more than 15 mins.

Plus I was buying weird foods :pac:

Yeah, in fairness he is the grocery shopper between the 2 of us, my commute is longer and he usually would have the car an I'd be on the bus, so he could drop in on the way home. These days I can't even get a mental list together for him....:D and then I get upset that I can't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Cyning, so thrilled for you. You deserve the easiest, most pain free labour ever!

Don't panic over the labour. I hadnt really thought about that bit at all, but it's amazing ur body will give u all the right signals and does a lot of the work for you.

Mamaheidi, before u know it ur babs will be here too. Like you, I had no symptoms until the day my waters broke. It felt like nearly everyone else who posts here was losing their plugs or having shows and I was having none of those symptoms! Babs is not going to stay in there forever, make the
    Most of the peace and quiet and a "normal" house for as long as it lasts because babs turns everything on its head. My living room is never going to be the same again and we can hardly see the tv with swinging chairs and cribs and baby stuff!

She curled up on my chest last night and it looked like she was still in the womb (only a bit higher up) most amazing feeling in the world. I was sitting on the sofa in floods of tears telling OH I wanted her back inside!

• Advertisement

Mink why did you feel bad about your Other half doing the food shop? The heterosexual world really confuses me sometimes :D

Kildareash that sounds like the sweetest thing in the world :) I know I'm going to miss my bump....I love feeling her little strokes & pokes :D

Can i just say yay to an end in site to all the puking of the last fortnight too :D

I think I'm more worried about hubby tbh: he turned around last night and just said in the saddest little voice that he hates seeing me in pain :( followed by and you are getting the epidural: aren't you? :D

Aw cyning today is the start of it all for you! Best best best of luck!

Kildareash you sound like such a chilled out new mum - hope I'm like you! And yes I'm trying to enjoy the last few days of normality before babs arrives ;)

Hope everybody is well

Kildareash it's great to hear that re the birth, I'm hoping to just follow my body's cues & just go with it.
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Mink why did you feel bad about your Other half doing the food shop? The heterosexual world really confuses me sometimes :D

Haha, no it's not cos he's a man, it's cos it is such a pain in the arse. We both hate food shopping & I normally have a lions share of house stuff because he works same hours but has longer commute & gigs 2-3 nights a week (which is him essentially working from 7.30pm to 2.30am on weekend nights). When we both worked the exact same, everything was split down the middle.

When he goes back to work & baby in more of a routine (if that ever happens) I'm going to try & get the housework done so that when he's home he can just spend the time with me and baby. Also this will allow me to have a little "me" time if he can take baby on his own for a bit.

I think I have very high hopes for the next few months! No matter what happens, I'm not going to put pressure on myself to get it all done, priority is baby.

Thanks Mink - that makes total sense to me :) not confused by that at all :D

I'm looking forward to our family getting its new routine together :) my partner does pretty much everything these days & it will be nice when we get back to a more equal footing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

Hi girls, hope it's nice wherever you are in the country.the rain has cleared off here and the sun is shining, hopefully will stay dry for a while now.

speaking of staying dry (:D) i think i finally found those brilliant pads i was on about ages ago. I picked them up in tesco for under €4 for 6. They're Tena Lady Maxi Night. i think i had looked at them online but still wasn't sure but now i got them and opened one and they look like the right ones. They're bulkier than newborn nappies but i feel a bit more confident now for the night time leakage problems. Last time i had no stitches, but had a tear. i used every night for at least a week after, great comfort knowing nothing would leak.

cyning, i'm so happy for you. You must be so excited today. after everything you've been through you deserve a nice quick labour so fingers, legs and everything crossed for you.

Mink i had to laugh when you described the pain and crying doing tesco shopping. i shop in a few different supermarkets but twice now tesco has had me in tears by the time i got to the car. i blame the size of the shop and the big range they have. too distracting, even for women in pain!

my other half is well capable and willing to do the grocery shopping but in fairness there are bits and pieces that i needed to look at myself (like knickers and maternity pads)

scan yesterday went well again, although babs would not lie still when they were trying to do the doppler. Her arms were waving all over the place. I knew it wouldnt be easy because as soon as we got in the car to go to the hospital she woke up and was like a little whirlwind for hours.

i met the consultant yesterday too and asked him what's the average time for an induction to be successful. He said he had induced three women yesterday and the two who were on their first baby had had their babies already and the lady having her second hadn't had hers yet. He said it was unusual. But his prognosis for me actually giving birth on the day i'm being induced was "probably".

something i totally forgot to get is nursing bras. Is it just mothercare that i will get these in? anywhere else? the local mothercare is a bit of a walk from parking and i dread the thought of it. ideally i need a drive-thru nursing bra shop.. :D ("do you wan fries wi tha??" err, no.)

do M&S do nursing bras? can't believe i didnt think of them. dozey :rolleyes:

looking forward to your news cyning!

minibear

Mothercare do have a sale on at the moment though so they are cheaper for nursing bras right now :)

I'm hoping I have baby at some stage Thursday: first round of gel tonight about 10ish so fingers crossed.

Minibear - M&S have them. I got a pack of 2 for 38 euro. I thought it was slightly expensive for nursing bras but they fit you for them so you know you're buying the right size. Maybe I find the breast feeding stuff expensive because I'm not sure if I'm going to use them for 2 weeks or 6 months ;)

I picked up a few b-feeding tops in H&M too which were relatively cheap but haven't bothered looking at pumps yet - need to see if I can breast feed first. Has anybody bought a pump already or for those of you who are expressing have ye any tips on which pumps are good? I presume the electric ones are the best but which brand or does it matter? Let's say you're using avent bottles is it best to get an avent pump? They're quite expensive to me so if I manage to breast feed for the first couple of weeks I'll send OH out on a breast pump buying mission - he'll love that :p

• Advertisement

Pretty sure there is probably a breast pump comparison thread on the newborns forum, just have to search for it.

My sis is sending me her Medela pump, it's an electric one & it's a double so can pump faster. I won't use it for a few weeks til I get my own supply established, unless (god forbid) the wee one has to go into ICU & I have to pump til he comes out

Advertisement