Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Mink wrote: »
    Pretty sure there is probably a breast pump comparison thread on the newborns forum, just have to search for it.

My sis is sending me her Medela pump, it's an electric one & it's a double so can pump faster. I won't use it for a few weeks til I get my own supply established, unless (god forbid) the wee one has to go into ICU & I have to pump til he comes out

I was advised to use a hand pump.so bought the hand pump in mothercare. it's an avent one. they said because i only.plan on doing one feed with a bottle so far better with a hand pump. Haven't started yet though so don't have any useful information.....

Don't think about the birth, just concentrate on coming out the far side of it. Just get the epi :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

I just realised that in all my own excitement/impending doom etc over the birth of my little one next week, I have completely forgotten about the fact that my mother, my brother AND my sisters birthdays are all in the next week too, while I'm in for maintenance. Nothing got for any of them, and not able to drag my ass to town at this stage either! d'oh! pudding cups from the hospital canteen for all, yay! Such a disgrace.

You will be giving them a granchild and niece/nephew! Best pressie ever if you ask me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Hi all,

How are all the lucky new mums doing? How are those who had sections feeling now?

Getting dull period type pains and aches so hoping this is the start of things (38+5 today). Really hope it starts soon, Im panicking about the sweep next week. Completely irrational I know considering what's instore for my neither regions but has me very tense and stressed out. C'mon baby........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

WWC1 wrote: »
    Getting dull period type pains and aches so hoping this is the start of things (38+5 today). Really hope it starts soon, Im panicking about the sweep next week. Completely irrational I know considering what's instore for my neither regions but has me very tense and stressed out. C'mon baby........

Those pains sound promising.
    I've been slightly concerned re the sweep/internals. I started the perineal massage thingy the other day after a shower & it was actually sore going near that whole area. But I was standing with one leg on the edge of the bath so not exactly relaxed.

I reckon the only way I'll get through them is just give myself a sec to totally relax before they start & ask the midwife to hold off til I'm completely ready & then do everything not to tense up. I remember that when getting smears & the like, it wasn't sore when I totally relaxed, let my legs flop etc.

• Advertisement

haha I suppose ya, hadn't thought of that! I'll present each of them with a badly drawn babysitting roster and see what they say sure! :D What was I thinking landing another birthday in the middle of that week though, its always been like the anti Christmas in my house money wise! lousy on everyone.

I too would really like to know how the section mums are finding the fallout so far? thinking of repacking the hospital bags now later seeing as I know what's going on, no panic but longer stay, I'd hardly still need a separate labour ward bag now and that kind of thing? Anyone know if its ok to bring my laptop and headphones to watch some films or something to pass the time on the ward or what's the policy there? never really did the staying in hospital thing before!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

NyquistFreak I have my wife's 40th birthday this Saturday so you can imagine the planning I've had to do for that considering I could have been anywhere on the day :) it is pretty much sorted thankfully :D I'm delighted to be adding another cancerian to our home :D

Oh also I can't see a prob with laptop as long as you have headphones but you would want somewhere to lock it away...our antenatal class midwife was very clear about taking care of your possessions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh lord there is some thunder and lightening storm outside :eek:

Nyquist I've had my laptop with movies on it on hospital (with headphones) but it is very hard to relax if you have to leave the room for any reason: I've had to sign a form everytime I go in aswell saying that my possessions are my own responsibility etc. But there has never been an issue either :)

Yesterday's internal was the first for me that didn't hurt: I think it was the lack of speculum: it was just slightly embarassing :o

I have repacked my labour bag three times this afternoon. I have oodles of spare pjs/underwear/nappies etc in spare bags in case I need them. I have mags and books in case its a long night (and my phone and ds!). Now all I need to do is relax untill I go in in a few hours :D

Mink wrote: »
    Those pains sound promising.
    I've been slightly concerned re the sweep/internals. I started the perineal massage thingy the other day after a shower & it was actually sore going near that whole area. But I was standing with one leg on the edge of the bath so not exactly relaxed.

I reckon the only way I'll get through them is just give myself a sec to totally relax before they start & ask the midwife to hold off til I'm completely ready & then do everything not to tense up. I remember that when getting smears & the like, it wasn't sore when I totally relaxed, let my legs flop etc.

You're right...completly relax and it does make a huge difference. And plus if it gets things going and I avoid a second section it will def be worth it.

Hope the doc has small hands though:eek:

Cyning,

You must be soooooo excited, what time are you heading int?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

cyning wrote: »
    Oh lord there is some thunder and lightening storm outside :eek:

Nyquist I've had my laptop with movies on it on hospital (with headphones) but it is very hard to relax if you have to leave the room for any reason: I've had to sign a form everytime I go in aswell saying that my possessions are my own responsibility etc. But there has never been an issue either :)

Yesterday's internal was the first for me that didn't hurt: I think it was the lack of speculum: it was just slightly embarassing :o

I have repacked my labour bag three times this afternoon. I have oodles of spare pjs/underwear/nappies etc in spare bags in case I need them. I have mags and books in case its a long night (and my phone and ds!). Now all I need to do is relax untill I go in in a few hours :D

Best of luck tonight hun, let us know when babs arrives :)

Lads have any of you experienced an itchy spot on your bump? Its like I have a bunch of hives or something now since yesterday and they're driving me spare, used to get something similar from stress before, no idea what to do about it now though. mental its driving me.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

best of luck cynin... delighted for you x Hope u and hubby had a good last night!!:D

Got contractions every 30mins last night for 5 hours then just stopped.... had the same on ds2 but was getting them 5 mins apart for 5 hours as soon as i said 'oh this is it it would stop' I think i was too anxious, that went on for 3 weeks before i had him!!!:eek: Hopefully this time wont take as long to progress and keep going!!! ( didnt want to post this until cynin got her induction date, didnt want to worry you, as im sure this does not happen often!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Cyning, cannot wait to hear from you on thurs/fri!! Really gonna make my week!!!

About 7ish.... but I think we night have to swim to the hosp: I have rarely seen rain this heavy :D

Our back garden has flooded it's so bad!

Nyquist calamine lotion: I had my belly buttin pierced when I was younger and two laparoscopies and the stretching and the itchiness drove me mad: keep it in the fridge so its nice and cold too ;)

Tinkerbell THREE weeks?? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'd have well I don't know but :eek:

Ah here I'll be so bored tonight I'll be glued to my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

cyning wrote: »
    Tinkerbell THREE weeks?? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'd have well I don't know but :eek:

Ah here I'll be so bored tonight I'll be glued to my phone!

Download reddit pics and plants vs zombies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

i know cyning not very nice i can tell you... it wasnt constant but got 1 bout of it each day.... at least your having your induction now so that wont happen to you and fingers crossed it wont be the same this time for me:):)
    Last time after the 3 weeks i had enough and took a homopathy tab to stop me being so anxious and 1 hr later I started the contractions again but this time they didnt stop i was so relieved!!!

Good luck tonight Cyning :) will be watching out for news :D

Good luck Cyning! Thinking of you!

This time last week I was having contractions!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

hey all
    best of luck cyning,hope all goes well ...and quick for you:)

tinkerbell same goes for you:) three weeks you wouldnt wish that on your worst enemy

nyquist:sis had c section ,bring lots of disposable underwear cause you wont be able to bend down and you can just rip em off, also nothing with a high waistband,watch what you eat,including hospital food cause any extra strain down there wont do ya any favours.and bring a book cause yer pretty much stuck to the bed.(hers were the section where she had labour first so she had scar fairly low down,worse than normal section) she said its not that bad its more the long term healing compared to vaginal birth that gets to you

wrecked had visitors all day,sick of making fecking tea and am now like a jack in the box up and down to loo.....dare i say it "i miss work" this maternity business isnt all its cracked up to be

speaking of which not sure who mentioned about sick certs but im not sure if you get paid for the first three days so you might be as well to take the whole week.....check that out first though i could have that totally arseways:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Cyning - best of luck tonight/tomorrow - will be thinking of u and looking forward to a happy announcement very soon xxx

she said its not that bad its more the long term healing compared to vaginal birth that gets to you

Ya, I've heard this too, I'm lucky boyfriend has the couple of weeks off to look after me so! Also they're not letting me go into labour naturally, so hopefully that will make things a bit less messy!

Cyning, you must be in there already at this stage, best of luck to you lady! Can't wait to hear how you get on, can't believe you lasted this long fair play to you!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Two hours to the gel cyning!

I've been getting those braxton hicks contractions regularly for a few weeks. They are stronger this week. I've no idea why I get them and others don't. Midwife said I might have an irritable uterus cos I often get them after a lot of strenuous activity, or when baby moves a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

wrecked had visitors all day,sick of making fecking tea and am now like a jack in the box up and down to loo.....dare i say it "i miss work" this maternity business isnt all its cracked up to :)

I kinda feel ready to go back to work, it's weird. I think it's just because I've been off for two weeks now.
    But I can't wait for the visitors to stop and be able to get my day into some sort of routine.
    My kettle has never been boiled as much and the tv thinks we've fallen out!

Mink I have no idea why my uterus can't be bothered to practice at all :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

javagal wrote: »
    Download reddit pics and plants vs zombies ;)
    OMG I +1 to plants V Zombies and Bejewelled Blitz..Love em!!!

Best of luck cyning!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Hi all!!! got out of hosp today with Emma, only in for the one night in Holles St and have to say nurses/midwifes were amazing.. My waters finally broke at 2.15am on Monday night and I had her at 9.40 next morning... All I can say is............HAIL to the Epidural!!!! best thing ever!!.. I have to catch up on all the posts on here now to see what I've missed! Anybody want to ask anything fire away, I feel like an aul pro now lol!! Thanks for all the good wishes xxxxx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Aw Robinc - congrats! Well done you! And such a pretty name.

Can I ask why they only kept you one night in HS? I was told that it's minimum of 3 nights on the first unless you apply for early transfer home which they don't like to grant on your first baby.

Oh and cyning - hope you're doing well... We're all thinking of you!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure the battery on my phone will ever be the same after bejewelled blitz!

They'll be putting me on trace shortly and then internal with gel and then stay on the trace for about 40 min after that. Same again about six in the morning and then if things still don't get moving I'll be reassessed about 12 tomorrow!

Robinc I'm all for an epidural now! I can't believe you got home so fast: totally jealous! Hope ye both doing well :)

Advertisement