Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Mink wrote: »
    Quick question for those of you who already started mat leave. Did the payments start on the first week you were off?

yes.
    i started on 2.07 and I had monies on my bank acc on the morning.
    thats good :-)

I moved bed today, cleaned our bedroom, sorted hubbys underwear (!?) and dye my hair. I was so full of energy after my after breakfast nap that I think I must do it more often :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats twomums and nyquist... I was logging on all day to see :D

I cannot wait untill all the visitors go away: although hubby is brilliant at hunting them after a little while we could seriously do with some family alone time!

Btw nipple shields are wonderful: I was definitely giving up breastfeeding this morning but much better tonight! Had phn today so c has stopped losing weight thank god :)

Ginny hope all goes well tomorrow :)

cyning wrote: »
    Congrats twomums and nyquist... I was logging on all day to see :D

I cannot wait untill all the visitors go away: although hubby is brilliant at hunting them after a little while we could seriously do with some family alone time!

Btw nipple shields are wonderful: I was definitely giving up breastfeeding this morning but much better tonight! Had phn today so c has stopped losing weight thank god :)

Ginny hope all goes well tomorrow :)
    Cyning thats great re bf and tumbs up for hubby :-)

we switched bed places yesterday. I cant sleep. hubby is snoring like an old donkey.
    even cats dont want to sleep near him.

in addition Im getting really strong period like pains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Quick question for those of you who already started mat leave. Did the payments start on the first week you were off?

I actually got a mini payment (40€) the week before, and now I get paid every Monday. I was quite impressed actually!

Saur, hopefully you will get some sleep or be able to take a refreshing nap.

I've woken at 3.15 the last two days, and haven't been able to get back to sleep again either time. Hubby is snoring away though.

I'm excited about the induction tomorrow - still have strong period style cramps , so I think I may be on the early, early stages already, which has to help. I want to meet my baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Morning girls :) yesterday was a long wait but wow was she worth it - I'm SO smitten with her!
    Along with more emergencies than normal they had a pretty bizarre day including the scrubbing in sink falling off the wall & flooding the theatre! My consultant said you couldn't write it as a script as nobody would believe it :)
    I have to say my birthing experience was really lovely from start to finish and although I'm sore I feel the recovery will be fine fingers crossed!

Snoozing as I type so will be back again when I'm a little more alert :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Morning girls :) yesterday was a long wait but wow was she worth it - I'm SO smitten with her!

Actually welled up reading that.....
    Congratulations Marie, hope tummy is feeling ok today. Enjoy a day of staring at your little bundle of joy x

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Aw 2mums - congrats! So nice to hear!

I generally don't like people who skip queues but in these cases I'll make an exception - though technically I'm next in line :D Here's hoping that Java and I give ye some news soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Sitting in hospital waiting for the midwife. I think I just arrived as she headed on her break! Darn it! Same thing happened last time. It's fecking roasting in here and someone is stinking!!!

I don't mind the waiting much though, this being the only mat hospital in cork I see a few people I know, some people must be only in for first scan so havent told anyone yet, their face is comical when they see me. But of course I'm not going to tell anyone who I see!

At 39 weeks I really don't feel like baby is going to arrive any time soon. No period like pains or anything. Only pressure and lots of it, and lots of crazy karate type kicks going on.

Congrats to 2mums and NFreak on the babies. I'm getting slight baby envy now seeing the pics. Don't judge me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Mamaheidi I hope you and Java do too!

(followed by me que skipping hopefully :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I finished on a Tuesday and on the Monday before I finished I got payment for the wed, thur, and fri of that week. Got full payment the following Monday then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Mink - I started maternity leave on monday and payment went through first thing Monday morn :)

Twomums - delighted all went well for you, hope you're both enjoying every minute of being mommies!

Ginny and Silly hope your appointments go well today....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Anyone know how it will work out for me finishing a week earlier than I was supposed to? Will I have to go back a week earlier now?

Daddy's first day back at work today. He's only left the house five minutes and he will be back at 1 for lunch! He's gas had loads of kisses and I love you's for N and I barely got a kiss goodbye!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Morning girls, still waiting on the call, but I was playing with junior again this morning, they seem to wake about half 5 and they like pushing against my stomach, I push back and then they push back, it's quite cute. So far I've already had my 10 movements for the day!

i so have baby envy now!! 2 more weeks at least!! Boooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ok I'm relieved about the maternity leave payments. With me missing a day this week & cutting my hours & then OH off sick & not getting paid, our wages for next week were looking grim!

Glad to hear junior is bouncing around in their gaff Ginny
    Saurelin wrote: »
    we switched bed places yesterday. I cant sleep. hubby is snoring like an old donkey.
    even cats dont want to sleep near him.

Haha old donkey. With my OH being sick he's extra snorey & snuffly. I've just done 3rd night on "wrong" side of the bed & it's getting better, you'll get used to it. It's lovely waking up to the made up cot with the little mobile hanging over it, I'll put pics on the FB group.
    Kash wrote: »
    I'm excited about the induction tomorrow - still have strong period style cramps , so I think I may be on the early, early stages already, which has to help. I want to meet my baby!!

Soo exciting, you're nearly there Kash. If you're feeling those cramps & pressure that will all go towards thinning out your cervix & make the induction more straight forward. What time you going into the hospital?
    kildareash wrote: »
    Daddy's first day back at work today. He's only left the house five minutes and he will be back at 1 for lunch! He's gas had loads of kisses and I love you's for N and I barely got a kiss goodbye!

Oh I'm dreading my OH having to go back to work when the time comes! I really wish he worked closer so could come home at lunch & not have such a long commute. I think he's going to be looking for something closer but with same company.

Soo exciting, you're nearly there Kash. If you're feeling those cramps & pressure that will all go towards thinning out your cervix & make the induction more straight forward. What time you going into the hospital?

Heading in there for 2.30 today, but the induction isn't scheduled until tomorrow.

Had a bit of a duh moment preparing for the hospital visit: I was doing a bit of lady gardening using the removal cream. Despite going in blind, I thought I had got everywhere... I waited the 7/8 minutes, then jumped in the shower to find all hair still stubbornly attached! When I got out, I realised I had used the bloody finishing cream!!! I'm still feeling like a tit over it :o

Mink I hope we will get used to it. :-)

and my cats as well. they were pretty unhappy about change.

i get period pains without break for last 4 hours and Im running to bathroom every 20 min. i have my hosp appointment tomorrow. hope things will progress :-)

Im meeting Trions for coffee today :-) cant wait :-)

have a nice day ladies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Oh no ladies! I've just joined facebook & the boards group and saw all the gorgeous babies - BIG MISTAKE! Now I NEED this baby right now :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh how long are your partners taking off for the baby?

Yeah mamheidi you will be addicted now, we all need our next baby fix!
    Kash wrote: »
    Heading in there for 2.30 today, but the induction isn't scheduled until tomorrow.

Had a bit of a duh moment preparing for the hospital visit: I was doing a bit of lady gardening using the removal cream. Despite going in blind, I thought I had got everywhere... I waited the 7/8 minutes, then jumped in the shower to find all hair still stubbornly attached! When I got out, I realised I had used the bloody finishing cream!!! I'm still feeling like a tit over it :o

Haha that's so something I'd do. There was another girl a while back who, after her shower, rubbed toothpaste into her butt & tried to brush her teeth with her lotion.

Why do you have to go in at 2.30 today if not being induced til tomorrow? That would really bug me. But then it is exciting as well!

I asked my midwife re how long I'd have to stay in hospital if I ended up transferring. She said if baby is fine & I'm fine from the birth then I could ask to be let home same day & she'll look after me. But that all depends on how quickly can get pediatrician to check baby out.

Ginny wrote: »

2 weeks, I'd love longer but that's all that's available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

Afternoon girls, hope you're all well.:)

Kildareash, regarding maternity benefit, my official date was July 10th, and i got my first (part) payment on Saturday 7th. I havent been working since June 27th as we were on a 3 day week and even though i will be having the baby on the 13th, my maternity leave will still run until January 10th 2013. You may be able to get a sick cert from your GP if you were advised not to work that last week? That way the company would pay you, or you can claim some days from social welfare. i think it's anything after three days sick leave that you can claim from welfare.

Well i had a fantastic nights sleep last night. Only woke once for the loo and now i feel so relaxed about Friday's induction. She is definitely snug and in position because my bump has dropped again and is more flab than baby! And the pain in my lower back persists, with a sort of stinging pain right on the inner points of my pelvis. (if those "points" exist, thats what it feels like :D)

i really should set up a facebook a/c. just to see all the little ones. Congratulations again to nyquist and TwoMums. Ye must be over the moon.

minibear

Hi girls,

I'm exhausted.com today. Just back from clinic, was meant to have sweep today but he changed his mind. Letting me go to next Thursday and then into hospital for sweep and date for possible induction. REALLY hoping it starts soon, as in today!!! I'm 39+5 and emotionally wreaked from it...esp seeing all these new babies...i want mine.

running around after a 2 yr old is wearing me out too

Hope our two latest mummies are going good

Oh that's tough with a toddler as well, I shouldn't be moaning about being tired!

Hopefully something will happen between now & next Thurs, would he not give you a sweep for a reason - ie; not "favourable" or did he say?

Ah think we're all super tired at this stage...

He said at this stage it wouldn't bring on labour (the doc at the last visit said it might???).
    Because I was a section on last baby he wants see if nature will take its course and that cervix could be more favourable in a weeks time.

Plus side, baby's is engaged :-) Baby isn't measuring too big so all in all could be a natural birth

Had a lovely accupuncture session yesterday so hoping that might move things along gently too.

Ginny wrote: »

A week hopefully, more perhaps if I'm a section. He is self employed so not working not earning :( so maybe he'll do a shorter hours for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

2 more babies Fantastic
    Congrats Nyquist and Twomums.
    Had my hosp app this morning but Dr. said it`s too early for sweep (39weeks) and they may do it next week on due date if I`m more engaged!
    Although I`d really like everything to happen in it`s own good time I thought they`d do it today and I`m kinda disappointed since...
    :o
    I`m just as tired as the rest of ye so must be the end days making us rest, although I do get a lot done if/when I get a spurt of energy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey everyone,
    Oh took the day off to cheer me up today so he brought me shopping and for lunch, To say I have cankles is an understatement!!
    My pressure has increased unreal and I'm very crampy today, as much as I have cankles, I'm tempted to beat on my old size 8's and go for a walk to try bring on some pains.
    The two new arrivals and Kash's impending little one is making me so jealous !!

My mother and sister in law think if they check my cervix tomorrow and I'm in anyway dilated(lots and lots of pressure down there) that they might just keep me if it's not too busy but I doubt it.

Either way... Seeing Zoe's name twin has made me sooo broody it's not even funny!

Java sounds like you are doing all the right things.

I'm surprised the amount of practitioners who won't do sweeps at 39 weeks, I guess they want to leave it as better to let nature do it's thing, I guess it's 40 weeks gestation for a reason & if baby ready to come before that then they'll come. But still, it's uncanny the amount of slightly early babies we've had in July! I wasn't expecting that at all.

I might try out acupuncture if I start going overdue. My mam was an acupuncturist & I never got it off her apart from when my shoulders hurt from my school bag!

They're actually giving me my first lot of gel tonight, at about 10! So my plan of using this evening to chill out my brain and NOT freak out has now been changed... eep!

Currently waiting for a bed though - there are none free!

• Advertisement

Mink - that's it exactly. He seemed to want to prevent another section as much as I do and if it means another week then so be it. He said a sweep is benifical if followed closely by induction.
    Funny though as the doc on last visit was of completely opposite opinion?!?

I found it very relaxing and calming. Was starting to feel a bit anxious about the whole thing. Had a lot of lower back pain and cramping in tummy afterwards. She gave me a booklet by Debra Betts called "Acupressure - promoting a natural labour and partner involvement". Not planning a drug free birth myself but some good tips in it for massage etc.

Kash - you must be getting so excited. Keep us updated (if you can) how the gel is working out.

Advertisement