Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

It's looking good peoples! Went for the ARM procedure, but the mid wife couldn't quite get it - but while waiting for the doc on call to come and have a go, my waters broke. Yay!

Also, gas and air is awesome. Despite the midwife poking around my nether regions for 10-15 minutes, I felt nothing, apart from the urge to giggle :)

So, now I'm on the contraction inducing drip, but no severe pains as yet.

Just a waiting game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

yay:)great news kash....hopefully wont be long now.

:)mink dont worry maternity is great ,i was worried too that id be bored off me head but its flying by. i used to work min 40-50 hour weeeks do lots of exercise and was always out or going somewhere ,now i seem to get nothing done and its bliss, im sleeping like a log too, tell babs to hang on till at least monday cause there is nothing like that feeling of waking up monday to no work:)

two mums ,fair play to you ,you really are giving bf the best shot you can
    your posts terrify me and motivate me at the same time :)
    zoey must have a very refined palate, sounds like she is very easy going

did you get to choose which formula? and how do you steralise? im off to get my nam size 2s today anyway so we will see how it goes thanks for all the tips
    best of luck today hope ya get let home

met hubby five years ago today...normally would cook him special dinner see a band or go get trollied together ....bit lost what to do this year,
    might end up getting a "supermacs for a superman dinner yet" and muffin and icecream for dessert.....actually sounds nice .......hmmm still havent had breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thanks Mmmn.Chicken :) I am going to give it my best shot but there are a number of factors directing that.
    Zoe is a very keen latcher and has a super strong grip (both latch wise & in general) - this was part of the problem with nipple damage but it was (in my opinion) more to do with my nipples than her...I have a flat & an inverted nipple and yes it's called breast not nipple feeding but it's the nipple they use as a guide of where to latch :)
    I have a good supply according to the experts so I have enough to breast feed with although she is a hungry baby so needs top ups at the moment :)
    Helen & Brid (Brid in particular) are lovely & Brid gave me a plan of how I can make it work but also to take it a day at a time so I don't feel under any pressure :D I think you are going to Limerick?
    Nearly home having rented my double milking machine which I'll be doing every 3 hours until my supply is up :eek:

I'm just going to see how it goes - I might be on bottles next week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ah yes, Monday morning and no work will be amazing!!! I'm hoping I'll learn to sleep a bit later as each day goes by cos I'm still waking up at my usual time.

When baby squirms I get this sharp pain at the bottom of my bump just above my pubic bone, really hurts. It's not a contraction or anything, just bugging me. It's like he's gnawing on something in there haha. He must think he has to come out like the baby in Breaking Dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I literally cannot put up with another day of pains,really exhausted and fed up with this now..

/moan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

javagal wrote: »
    I literally cannot put up with another day of pains,really exhausted and fed up with this now..

/moan
    Your bearing up great Java, I found that part the hardest, you feel cheated that you can't call it 'labour'!.. Labour was a doddle for me after all the 'pre' pains...

Have just given myself a serious slap on the hand for not checking in on this site for a couple of days... OMG I had alot of catch up reading to do!! Girls ye can really talk lol :)

Can I ask anyone who has already popped how they find their healing??? I gave birth on the 3rd and am still rather quite sore on and off... I got the 'continious' stitch and was wondering when it should dissolve???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

/moan

Poor you Java :( come on baby Z come out and say hi to your mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Robinc wrote: »

/moan
    Your bearing up great Java, I found that part the hardest, you feel cheated that you can't call it 'labour'!.. Labour was a doddle for me after all the 'pre' pains...

Have just given myself a serious slap on the hand for not checking in on this site for a couple of days... OMG I had alot of catch up reading to do!! Girls ye can really talk lol :)

Can I ask anyone who has already popped how they find their healing??? I gave birth on the 3rd and am still rather quite sore on and off... I got the 'continious' stitch and was wondering when it should dissolve???

I had the continuous stitch too and I was sore for over two weeks. Not unbarable, but sore on and off. Paracetamol helped.
    I also had some bleeding a couple of days after I'd done a lot of housework or been up and on my feet more.
    I don't know how long they take to dissolve. If ur concerned its sorer than it was or not getting any better check with ur gp or phn. Even just for your own peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Robinc wrote: »

/moan

It's 2 and a half weeks since i popped and im feeling pretty good. tempted to try abd sit on a horse. but it only started to feel better in the last couple of days. i'm fairly certain the stitch is gone. but it's still a bit itchy down there. still bleeding too. it seems to come and go.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I cannot stand this itch much longer my body s covered in awful looking scratch marks now...:( I might stage a sit in protest if they refuse to talk induction with me on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Ginny wrote: »
    I cannot stand this itch much longer my body s covered in awful looking scratch marks now...:( I might stage a sit in protest if they refuse to talk induction with me on Tuesday.

Ginny I hate to break it to but.my itch stayed for about 10 days. got great relief from aloe vera gela with camomile and lavender oil!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ahhhh Booooooooooo!!! Its weird that it's just my bump at the sides, my back and my legs! I suppose at least I can keep them covered! I've been rotating my stretch oil, my stretch cream and full Aloe Vera gel. I think the problem is my nails are lovely, long and strong atm and I don't have the heart to cut them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Phn said up to six weeks before I'd be back to normal... And if there was any probs with pelvic floor muscles etc I'd be referred to physio at that stage. I'm still quite sore and itchy: also I think the constant running of water really does not help the itchiness even if it does help the stitches! Cannot wait to be back to "normal"!! I have the continuous stitch and a few extra too so hopefully they go soon!

Java maybe try a hot bath: I know when I felt like that the hosp gave me solpedeine maybe ring hosp and have a chat with midwives: it's exhausting :(

cyning wrote: »
    Phn said up to six weeks before I'd be back to normal... And if there was any probs with pelvic floor muscles etc I'd be referred to physio at that stage. I'm still quite sore and itchy: also I think the constant running of water really does not help the itchiness even if it does help the stitches! Cannot wait to be back to "normal"!! I have the continuous stitch and a few extra too so hopefully they go soon!

Java maybe try a hot bath: I know when I felt like that the hosp gave me solpedeine maybe ring hosp and have a chat with midwives: it's exhausting :(

I'm half thinking of ringing them in the morning and begging for them to try break my water or something. they prob won't do anything but I am desperate!

Sorry mmmn.chicken I didn't answer everything :) you certainly get to choose between aptimal and cow & gate. We went with aptimal and you can have a nuk or "something else teat" - as we went with nuk bottles we used that teat :) You don't need to sterilise as they have the made up bottles although they have a steriliser :)

The nipple shields are mam not nam - they have become hard to find here but amazon have them ;)

It's lovely to be home although my baby blues kicked in today which isn't ideal for first day home chaos :rolleyes: However doing full skin to skin with my little girl as I type & it's so special :)

You must be so frustrated Java: I hope the bath does some good: my waters broke after a bath so I really really hope so: you sound as miserable as I felt last week :( Even if it only helps you relax and helps the pains for a bit.

It's looking like hubby has to go to Dublin for 3 days for work this week... crappiest timing in the world tbh!

My local chemist have the Mam nipple shields: might be worth checking smaller places etc?

Twomums hope your having a lovely first day at home :)

cyning wrote: »
    You must be so frustrated Java: I hope the bath does some good: my waters broke after a bath so I really really hope so: you sound as miserable as I felt last week :( Even if it only helps you relax and helps the pains for a bit.

It's looking like hubby has to go to Dublin for 3 days for work this week... crappiest timing in the world tbh!

My local chemist have the Mam nipple shields: might be worth checking smaller places etc?

Twomums hope your having a lovely first day at home :)

just out my first bath since I was 9 lol!hopefully it works for me like it did you for Cyning!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Java fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

just out my first bath since I was 9 lol!hopefully it works for me like it did you for Cyning!
    Fingers crossed for you today Java. Come on baby Zoe!!!

It's been a bit manic to be honest Cyning - only ate dinner at 11pm :eek: which was a cooked breakfast! We both had some special time with her during the day though :) I kinda feel like I've only stopped pumping when I have to start again :rolleyes: and lessons from the first night - we need more sheets (she sicked up loads after her middle of night feed - I think she guzzled too much formula), waterproof sheet was def worth the money (mattress would have had its first soak otherwise) & will be buying a spare for such nighttime incidents - here was me thinking it would be nappy leaks! We need more cellular blankets! Soothers are worth their weight in gold if your baby sucks to comfort (hand eater) - thankfully one came with our nuk bottle set :D I have no problem with Zoe having one as I did growing up and got a lot from having it as a child, plus she sucks hands, fingers, any part of you - I'm sure she would suck the dogs ear! Finally & worse of all the minx loves sleeping on either mammies chest & already has spent a good chunk of the first night there :eek: happy out there she is - that's what comes of so much skin to skin contact :eek: and two soft mammies! Oh really the worst award should go to formula farts :eek: geez they are the grossest smell I've ever smelt! What's worse is my partner lost her sense of smell for bad/rotten smells a few years back (long kinda gross medical story) so I suffer alone :D

That really is crappy timing re your hubbies work Cyning can he get out of it?

Cyning & anyone on formula - how much is your little one taking per feed as a top up & which formula are you using? Zoe will guzzle any amount (a little like her sucking) & we have been told she will be a hungry baby but I don't really know what's too much! Last nights incident means she took too much I know :)

Now I have to get back to the milking - not really sure how long I can do it for! From a practical point of view if she was on my breast I could sit with visitors while she was feeding (not saying I would but I could)! However I'm hardly going to sit with both my tits out being pumped :eek: plus I can't just do it anywhere, plus I have to use my toe to change settings (honestly when they know your hands are busy surely design is key) It automatically goes to a stronger suck after 2 mins & as I've to stay gentle while my nipples are tender I have to use my toe and foot (yes I feel like I could have a cameo appearance in My Left Foot at this stage) to change the setting back every 2 mins! As you can see I'm avoiding the milking :D best go do it though :)

• Advertisement

Java it would be nice for you to have your Zoe today on my Zoe's due date :) I missed your Zoe's due date by a day!

absolutely nothin stirring, I've just given up hope of going myself!

little brat!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

2mums which formula you are using? my sis was using hipp organic for hungry infants. she spoke highly of it. her Sophie is hungry girl as well (she is 6 months now but wear clothes 9-12)

i went to bed with headache. in middle of a night I had to get up and get paracetamol

it is better now but I stillfeel it.

have a nice day ladies :-)

Oh Java I feel for you, I will probably be like you in a week's time, dying for him to get out... but not much happening. Sure it all could change in the blink of an eye.

Wow first day home with baby sounds chaotic to say the least! I really have to let go of any ideas I have for routine/structure/being organised for the first several weeks.

I'm very emotional this morning & yesterday. Was watching Game of Thrones yesterday and this sad scene comes along, I already knew about it as I've read the books but I started crying anyway. This morning I woke up & started crying for no particular reason. I think I'm just a little anxious & nervous re the birth now cos it's so close. Hormones on the go again.

Also, I was very sore all day & night, just aches & pains in weird places, like growing pains & wind. Definitely not labour & not pre-labour, just my body giving out! Finding it so hard to sleep more than an hour or two on the trot.

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz

Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz

Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz

Feest - 15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Kash got her Bastille day baby, congrats!!
    As the bold font gets closer to the bottom, I am getting more nervous :eek:

Mink we are already more organised today :) and I think everyday will be easier. My partner is just leaving to walk the dog & buy a tiny nuk bottle + soothers, she will be back for 12.30 (I pump while she feeds), I will shower & get dressed after that session as we need to go back to the hospital for her heal prick test. After that we are off to buy more sheets, cellular blankets & some baby sleepers :) Your life just becomes military!

What I would suggest is to have your steriliser out or at least have had it out and know how to use it (they are super straight forward but you don't need to be reading instructions on your first day home). We didn't do this as I didn't think I would need it on day one but I'm prob using it more than if I was bottle feeding as my pump parts have to be sterilised after each use which is a lot! My partner was with me most of the time in the hospital so feeding herself, looking after my needs and sleeping was enough to be doing :) Have the monitor set up & ready to go...ours was bar a few settings :)

Twomums she has about 3 fluid ounces and it's aptimel she has too: anymore and she brings it up... We're giving her her formula bottle at about 5 in the morning at the moment so she sleeps for 3-4 hours then so I get some sleep! She sounds exactly like C... She would suck all day long if she could: I would be lost without her soother! My little girl spent a good two hours asleep on my chest last night!

If he pushed it he could get out of going to Dublin: but his work were so good the whole way through: he got (paid) time off for important doc appts, and when i was in hosp he used finish up early, they were really really good and if they need him so he's going to go: it will be so much harder for him to leave he is gutted :(

Yeah for Kash :D that's a special birthday for a half French little girl :)

Zoe loses her biggest baby crown to a well deserving 9lbs :eek:

We are motoring down the list & I reckon Minibear has had her little one by now also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Hi girls just snooping in from the august thread :-) Congrats on your little bundles!! 2mums i never thought about getting a waterproof sheet for the Moses basket/crib where did ye get yours? Great tips ! And i thought i had too many sheets got!

• Advertisement

Saurelin sorry missed your post :) she is on aptimal at the moment (it's meant to be closest to breast milk) and I hope to reduce formula if I can keep up pumping. My plan is to get her back on my boobs with shields asap as pumping is just not the same :)

Cyning they do sound the same :) she sucked my partners finger the other day and she was shocked at how strong she was - I said now you know how my nipples feel :D Thanks re amounts - she is getting between 30-40mil from me & about 50mil formula seems to work at each feed so that's similar :)

Oh & totally get the work thing in your circumstances :) employers get back what they put in :)

Advertisement