Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

TwoMums2Be - I used to put a soft folded muslim cloth under Jane's head when she was in her cot and was spitting up after feeds saved changing sheets constantly. Might help?

Hurrah for Kash!!! Jaysus....9lbs...I gulped reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Wow, Twomums your days sound crazy now! Make sure you are looking after yourself. Although I know it's not easy! Apparently when ur milk comes in it brings the tears! Just let them out. The week after I came home I cried nearly every time I looked at N, I wanted her back inside me where I cld protect her from everything!

I find during the wk we get into a lovely routine and baby is much calmer but then we have loads of visitors at the wkend and I suppose I'm more stressed and not eating properly so she gets stressed.
    We're trying to be clever and spread out the visitors but you wld be surprised the number of people who just swing by without a txt or a call.

The bottle farts are horrendous, I was afraid to say anything invade it was just my baby but grown me wouldn't smell as bad. Every time I change a poopy nappy I think back to last week and how worried I was that she hadn't gone in a few days! Now I'm worrying that she's going too much!

when I go to the hospital to visit my dad she plays up on her dad and doesn't settle for him. I feel bad leaving her, but I want to visit him too. I've always been the independent, organiser in my family (second in command to my mum despite being the youngest) and its a strange feeling to not be doing everything for everyone. Normally my sis relies on me and my mam loads to help her with her disabled daughter but even she won't accept my offers of help or babysitting!
    It's great they're all being so considerate and realistically I'n not able to do as much as normal, but I just feel a bit useless.

Java, I feel so sorry for you. You must be climbing the walls now. I think I wld be sitting outside the maternity unit in protest until they got baby out! But look, at least u know by this time next week you will have baby Zoe in your arms!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thanks WWC1 that's a great tip :) not sure it would have saved us last night but it will help with the little normal bits - honestly it was liked she peed up there!

Pushkii phone ate my response - I will repost when I have two arms free tonight :)

haha...its unreal the amount and the speed that it can come out of them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Twomums I'm hoping to cut back on formula too but need her weight to be back up first... Can't wait untill she's weighed tues or wed again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Congrats Kash - wow 9lbs!!
    I googled my own due dates and my little fella may share his birthday with Nelson Mandela, Richard Branson and Shane Horgan to name a few...

When I was looking at the few episodes of "One Born" the other day I was keeping an eye on baby sizes if/when they were delivered vaginally!! There was no correlation between long/slow/fast labours, baby sizes or how well the women coped so don`t know what to expect size wise or how painful is could be. The unknown is a killer when I like to know whats what! :rolleyes:

I brought my dog for a very long walk y/day about 7 miles to see would it help me move things along but nothing stirring yet although I did sleep vary soundly last night ;)
    Oh and I lost my sense of smell after a cold 4 weeks ago so no smelly nappies/farts for me although that has also led me to be extra good at cleaning...
    3 Days to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

spent the day at a carnival and walking around town.

my baby niece is also obsessed with me lately,she must know something is happening and wouldn't let me put her down.

result: java crying in pain on couch eating marshmellows

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

AH Java, no carrying babies!! I know I keep getting given out to for lifting my 2 year old niece too.
    Quick question for people, when you set up your cradles/cribs what way did you set it up?
    I have a waterproof mattress protector halfway down the mattress with a fitted sheet over them. (We were told not to use a mattress protector the full way up as air needs to go through the mattress to sheets???) then I have 2 muslin sheets tucked over the top bit in case junior pukes everywhere (but then again we were told not to do this???) its very confusing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

javagal wrote: »
    spent the day at a carnival and walking around town.

my baby niece is also obsessed with me lately,she must know something is happening and wouldn't let me put her down.

result: java crying in pain on couch eating marshmellows

Poor Java! I feel so bad for you. I'm sending you labour vibes!!

Great idea about the muslin cloth under the head. We've been coping with pillow cases as sheets but going to get a couple of waterproof sheets or a another mattress. we'll see. Got a great nights sleep last night. he slept in the bed again but he slept for 5 hours!! Bliss :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Fri.Day wrote: »
    I brought my dog for a very long walk y/day about 7 miles to see would it help me move things along but nothing stirring yet although I did sleep vary soundly last night ;)
    Oh and I lost my sense of smell after a cold 4 weeks ago so no smelly nappies/farts for me although that has also led me to be extra good at cleaning...
    3 Days to go
    honestly! I don't know how you do it! I'm due the same day as you and there is no way I could walk 7 miles!!! I could barely manage half a mile yesterday!
    And all the cleaning you've been doing!!! I can only manage small bits at a time and nothing too adventurous! Had to get hubby to Hoover the bedroom today as I was unable!

Have you been told what'll happen if you haven't gone by Wednesday!?
    I got a sweep last Wednesday and I have an appointment again this wed (due date) midwife said she'd do some kind of internal.

• Advertisement

neither would I silly, I'm exhausted walking up stairs!
    How much movement are people having in the last 2 weeks? Junior has a lot of down time, they tend to go mad for a bit and then nothing for 4/5 hours, its very freaky!

I had alot of that Ginny: there was a real noticable drop in movements and kicks: the midwives kept telling me once I felt 10 movements there was nothing to worry about... like I wasn't going to worry!

Yeah my issue is now I had a lot of movement about 12 and then at 6ish and thankfully some more now, but only after I loaded up on sugar...:D I'm getting my 10 a day but its so spaced out its worrying. Espec with waiting on the scan this week, I really wish I bought a proper doppler now..:)

I had that exact feeling too... it was the main reason I refused to leave the hosp when they wanted to send me home: I did not feel her untill they put the trace on me or if they started pushing her around in my stomach. I found icy water used get her moving a little bit if she was very quiet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

pushkii wrote: »
    Hi girls just snooping in from the august thread :-) Congrats on your little bundles!! 2mums i never thought about getting a waterproof sheet for the Moses basket/crib where did ye get yours? Great tips ! And i thought i had too many sheets got!

Pushkii we bought the hippychick sheets from amazon, they are a little pricey at £12.50ish but cheaper than a new mattress :) They also feel pretty much like a slightly stiff ordinary sheet rather than having a plastic feel & the range of sheets (diff sizes) get great reviews & I will prob add mine when I have some time :)
    Now sheets is a different matter - we only have two that fit the crib & two (plus a pillowcase) that fit her pram so as soon as she puked up so much milk we were on to our last sheet so we simply didn't have enough but we got two more yesterday & a third cellular blanket (only had 2 and will get a couple more as we use two blankets twice layered rather than one blanket 4 layered).

no word from mamaheidi in a few days,

wonder!

keep waking up every morning and feeling down. I am sick to death of pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My cats are looking at me like "Eh.. aren't you supposed to be in work, earning money for our upkeep. Now don't disturb us, we need our naps"

Managed to sleep from about 12 til 9.30, I'm amazed! Now for a day of blissful pottering & nesting & rest.

Ditto to that javagal :-(

WWC1 wrote: »
    Ditto to that javagal :-(

are you overdue now?

41 weeks today!
    An elephant in Dublin zoo had its baby.
    wtf like!

• Advertisement

Was due on 13th so bit behind you.
    i feel and look like an elephant

This might be a stupid question Java, but do you feel your bump is bigger than say 2 weeks ago or is it all the same?

Yeah I reckon maybe mamaheidi, minibear & feest have had theirs, should find out next few days maybe??

Mink wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question Java, but do you feel your bump is bigger than say 2 weeks ago or is it all the same?

Yeah I reckon maybe mamaheidi, minibear & feest have had theirs, should find out next few days maybe??

its gotten huge at the bottom and I've loads of new stretch marks down further from where the babys dropped but the top of my bump is just like flesh!sexy!

minibear I think has Defo gone cause she was being induced, dunno about mamaheidi, she had a hospital appointment today so maybe she beat them to it!

My junior is giving me a lot of lower pressure today, I'm thinking they might be engaging. On the other hand I'm still getting a lot of strong activity up in my ribs, I'm just hoping they're completely stretched out and it's their feet in my ribs!

Ginny he/she is prob stretching out alright when you're feeling the feet in the ribs the odd time.
    its gotten huge at the bottom and I've loads of new stretch marks down further from where the babys dropped but the top of my bump is just like flesh!sexy!

Crap, I was hoping the stretch marks had halted for the moment, but they will probably get worse, I'm just a mess down there with them, they go all the way down to my unmentionables.

Speaking of that area, I think I got the hang of the perineum massage after my shower today, it's fierce awkward when you're this size. I'm going to try do it twice a day as I missed out on a few weeks for fear of angering my arse acorns (haemmorhoids)

If anyone were to look at my night stand they'd think I was a teenage boy with my lube, box of tissues & game of thrones book.

Ginny he/she is prob stretching out alright when you're feeling the feet in the ribs the odd time.

Crap, I was hoping the stretch marks had halted for the moment, but they will probably get worse, I'm just a mess down there with them, they go all the way down to my unmentionables.

Speaking of that area, I think I got the hang of the perineum massage after my shower today, it's fierce awkward when you're this size. I'm going to try do it twice a day as I missed out on a few weeks for fear of angering my arse acorns (haemmorhoids)

If anyone were to look at my night stand they'd think I was a teenage boy with my lube, box of tissues & game of thrones book.

LOL!!!:pac:

Snap Mink, I keep having to stop people going into the nursery, I forget whats sitting on the bedside locker!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

silly wrote: »
    honestly! I don't know how you do it! I'm due the same day as you and there is no way I could walk 7 miles!!! I could barely manage half a mile yesterday!
    And all the cleaning you've been doing!!! I can only manage small bits at a time and nothing too adventurous! Had to get hubby to Hoover the bedroom today as I was unable!

Have you been told what'll happen if you haven't gone by Wednesday!?
    I got a sweep last Wednesday and I have an appointment again this wed (due date) midwife said she'd do some kind of internal.
    Slow day today on the cleaning front - I loaded up my mp3 just in case it`s a long labour
    My friend got a sweep a few weeks back, had it weds, lost plug thurs, waters broke friday, induced sat and had the baby sunday about 2am...
    No sweep for me at 39weeks cos they want me to get to due date first then see, i`d say they do it wed his week anyhow so only 2 more days of cleaning...

keep waking up every morning and feeling down. I am sick to death of pregnancy.
    are you overdue now?

41 weeks today!
    An elephant in Dublin zoo had its baby.
    wtf like!

I told people early enough abou being pregnant so when anyone at work asked how much longer I`ve to go I just replied yanno how the elephants are pregnant for 2 years....

I thought about that massage but was leaving it for the final few weeks - now I can`t reach...:(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies,

This is the first chance I've got to log on all weekend. Looking forward to catching up on the posts. Well done to all those who had their babies.

Baby heidi arrived on Saturday morning at 9:19am weighing 7.6lbs. So much for no symptoms - will post a story in the birth stories thread as soon as I get a chance - it was all mostly fine but I just want to praise the person who invented epidurals! Labour started straight away - contractions came 10 or less minutes apart from the beginning at 12:30 on Friday night and then went to 8cm in under 2 hours...then we had a few hiccups along the way but all well in the end.

We're thrilled with her. Will post a photo on fb in a while. Hope you ladies are all well xx

• Advertisement

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

This is the first chance I've got to log on all weekend. Looking forward to catching up on the posts. Well done to all those who had their babies.

Baby heidi arrived on Saturday morning at 9:19am weighing 7.6lbs. So much for no symptoms - will post a story in the birth stories thread as soon as I get a chance - it was all mostly fine but I just want to praise the person who invented epidurals! Labour started straight away - contractions came 10 or less minutes apart from the beginning at 12:30 on Friday night and then went to 8cm in under 2 hours...then we had a few hiccups along the way but all well in the end.

We're thrilled with her. Will post a photo on fb in a while. Hope you ladies are all well xx

Knew it!! Congrats xx

Advertisement