Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Congrats feest! Wow! Traumatic or what! Glad everything went well
    In the end.
    Congrats Jenny too!

Eek! I seem to be next on the list....
    Was getting pains all day but they seem to have stopped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Not more queue jumpers....im overdue since the 13th. miserable & want this baby out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Back to the mundane routine midwife visits for us late July people :rolleyes:

Apparently his head is nestled further into my pelvis, top of my bump is definitely fleshier, like you java. My blood pressure is a bit more normal today.

Went to a shopping centre to get a last few bits and nearly died with the heat, I had heavy bags and I really thought my hands were going to explode, right after my shoes burst off. I'm staying home tomorrow, it's really hard going out now :(

Went into Boots to get witch hazel and the pharmacist talked me out of it saying shouldn't use it for healing. But then everyone who has actually had a baby says it's great, I'm confused!! It's not like I'm going to soak my hoo haa in it, just a couple watered down drops on a pad fecks sake

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Congrats to all the new mummies!!

Took me ages to catch up on this, spent most of the day in bed with bubs, had a feckin horrible headache, which I still have....feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Must get round to writing my birth story on the birth stories thread. After reading feests I consider myself damned lucky! Well done Feest and Nyquist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Mink I thought it was tea tree?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Congratulations to the new Mammies, Mamaheidi, Jenny and Feest!!
    Wow they were eventful alright!!
    I`m 5th in the queue and due tommorrow but think ill be going well over despite the raspberry leaf tea, the sex, curry, long walks, gym ball, window washing, gardening and relaxing... I think castor oil is the only one I missed!!!!
    And not a bit of stirring going on, I don`t think he`s moved down any further... Hosp app in the morning so I may get an offer of a sweep but it didn`t seem to do Java or Silly any good, I seriously thought it`d get things moving for ye ladies and if I had got it last wed I would have been expecting to have the baby inside a few days?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Fri.Day wrote: »
    I`m 5th in the queue and due tommorrow but think ill be going well over despite the raspberry leaf tea, the sex, curry, long walks, gym ball, window washing, gardening and relaxing... I think castor oil is the only one I missed!!!!
    And not a bit of stirring going on, I don`t think he`s moved down any further... Hosp app in the morning so I may get an offer of a sweep but it didn`t seem to do Java or Silly any good, I seriously thought it`d get things moving for ye ladies and if I had got it last wed I would have been expecting to have the baby inside a few days?!?!?!

yeah I thought so too. but apparently if they don't bring on labour they at least make babys head drop lower, hopefully aiding to a faster labour. so as much as it wasn't comfy and didn't work, id still take it if it was offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Congrats to Mamaheidi, feest & Jenny :) It got busy while I was baby adjusting!

Really can't believe I have a one week old already :)

Nyquist if ya wanna pm me feel free :) you obviously had a rough time of it & I would imagine you should be able to get some feedback on the complications they encountered! Delighted that things are settling down for you & you can enjoy your little boy :)

theg81der wrote: »
    Mink I thought it was tea tree?:confused:

I was told not to use tea tree as it dissovles the stitches quicker!!

Witch hazel is the bees knees!

javagal wrote: »
    Fri.Day wrote: »

yeah I thought so too. but apparently if they don't bring on labour they at least make babys head drop lower, hopefully aiding to a faster labour. so as much as it wasn't comfy and didn't work, id still take it if it was offered.
    Yeah I thought the sweep would work too especially when midwife told me I was 1cm already!! I was very excited, thinking I would pop that night, told my friend who said she was told the same at 39 weeks but still had to be induced 10 days over. :(

Like you fri.day I have an appointment this morning, so hopefully we'll have some good news. Happy due date to us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Mink wrote: »
    Back to the mundane routine midwife visits for us late July people :rolleyes:

Apparently his head is nestled further into my pelvis, top of my bump is definitely fleshier, like you java. My blood pressure is a bit more normal today.

Went to a shopping centre to get a last few bits and nearly died with the heat, I had heavy bags and I really thought my hands were going to explode, right after my shoes burst off. 'm staying home tomorrow, it's really hard going out now :(

Went into Boots to get witch hazel and the pharmacist talked me out of it saying shouldn't use it for healing. But then everyone who has actually had a baby says it's great, I'm confused!! It's not like I'm going to soak my hoo haa in it, just a couple watered down drops on a pad fecks sake

Mink - when I tried to buy some in my local health shop I was told the same...never EVER use it like that. But after hearing the girlies here saying they got great relief from it I picked up a bottle in the chemist. Health shop lady did say however it is super good for arse acorns. So either way I'll be using it

OH is picking up the birthing pool this evening, woo hoo! Our immersion system won't know what hit it

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Thanks twomums and everyone :) PHN back today at lunchtime and she said she'll arrange a chat for me about things, already got a look at my chart, most of it is double dutch though! Thought I was feeling a bit better since coming home but had a bit of a shout at SIL's boyfriend last might for asking too many times to hear my birth story. I'd already shared as much as I was comfortable with, basically that it was a bit tough and I wasn't really happy talking about it, some people have no cop on though, and that fella can get really intense sometimes anyway. Feel like an eejit now this morning over it though, and thinking maybe renovating the ban on visitors for another while til I cop on to myself! This is what happens when you forget to close if zombie gates people!

In other news, I'm turning into one of those mothers who thinks every one of her child's basic bodily functions is the most amazing thing that ever there was, he's discovered his hands in the last two days!

Looking at our birth list there, its mad to think so many of us have popped already, just out of curiosity, I'd love to know the natural birth/ sections split by the time we're all gone, it seems kind of evenly split so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hubby went back to work today :( thankfully he was able to put off Dublin untill next week (his boss is very good!)... now if the endless stream of visitors would end!!

I find icepacks great for my stitches: well that area in general: I was quite bruised too so I'm not sure if it was that or the stitches: i asked about using witch hazel too and was told not to so it put me off!!

Speaking of arse acorns: what did people find good to get rid of them? I wait untill the last week of pregnancy to get one :rolleyes:

NyquistFreak I wouldn't be worrying about having a shout at him! You told him what you were comfortable with...why does he want to know anyway?!? You are already dealing with not knowing enough about what happened in theatre so you don't need some prodding for info & hence reminding you that there is plenty you dont know yet & what you remember has been hard to deal with! It's great your PHN is going to arrange a chat for you and as hard as that chat might be at least you will have clarity about what happened you during delivery :)

I totally know what you mean re every little thing being a marvel :) I'm also in awe that I created such a perfect little girl :)

In other news, it has been suggested that a second steriliser might be handy for us as we have to sterilise pump parts every few hours along with bottles for both breast milk & formula for every meal so if anyone spots that 3 in 1 steriliser by Avent on sale for a decent price let me know :D

Finally, having bought numerous new parents the Leapfrog twinkle twinkle & always been told it was a godsend....why on earth did it take us 8 days to use ours :eek: It really is like a baby sleeping drug! :D

Cyning, I just use that cream anusol for arse acorns. They are not sore now but they are still there so I don't think it's been very effective at all. Also I've not been straining in ages so I would have thought they fecked off by now. They'll probably get worse with the birth!

Cyning I was just about to ask that! I managed the whole pregnancy with out getting them and now I have them. I'm putting it down to the labour!

I diluted witch hazel in water and washed down there with it every time i went to the loo.

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    NyquistFreak I wouldn't be worrying about having a shout at him! You told him what you were comfortable with...why does he want to know anyway?!? You are already dealing with not knowing enough about what happened in theatre so you don't need some prodding for info & hence reminding you that there is plenty you dont know yet & what you remember has been hard to deal with! It's great your PHN is going to arrange a chat for you and as hard as that chat might be at least you will have clarity about what happened you during delivery :)

I totally know what you mean re every little thing being a marvel :) I'm also in awe that I created such a perfect little girl :)

In other news, it has been suggested that a second steriliser might be handy for us as we have to sterilise pump parts every few hours along with bottles for both breast milk & formula for every meal so if anyone spots that 3 in 1 steriliser by Avent on sale for a decent price let me know :D

Finally, having bought numerous new parents the Leapfrog twinkle twinkle & always been told it was a godsend....why on earth did it take us 8 days to use ours :eek: It really is like a baby sleeping drug! :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-AVENT-SCF285-01-Steriliser/dp/B004TFW1W2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342617921&sr=8-1

also

My local tesco has the manual avent pump reduced to like a tenner

twomums I just bought the twinkle twinkle toy online! Thought it was worth a try we listened to bubs scream for 10mins before he went off to sleep. I know it's not every parents way of doing things but he's already clocked the "if I cry they will pick me up"......he slept very happily till 4.

So I'd rather try the toy and make going to sleep a fun thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Smyths have it for €45.99 at the moment: how about the microwave one though? Smyths have it for €12.50 at the moment: I use it for nipple shields and manual pump, bottles and soothers: I'm finding it great anyway.

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »

Smyths have it for €45.99 at the moment: how about the microwave one though? Smyths have it for €12.50 at the moment: I use it for nipple shields and manual pump, bottles and soothers: I'm finding it great anyway.

We have the avent microwave one too its great :) Got an appointment sorted to speak to the surgeon about the delivery Monday at 12.30 through the PHN this morning, then got a letter in the door for co appointment in the neo-natal follow up clinic for the same day but a few hours in the difference, i'll be in there all day if i can't get it changed! Anyone know what goes on at that appointment or how long it would take anyway?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Evening girls, home after 2 days in hosp. Babys movements were down and the heart rate was on average 113-125. Also they were worried the BP meds had induced colitis (SP?). Checked fluid level and bile salts, both borderline but good borderline.
    So home now, I had a sweep (well I think it was one?) but seemingly I'm not favourable.....:rolleyes: I'll b here forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Aw Ginny, not nice! Hope you get started soon.

Nyquist - hope you get some answers - I wouldn't stop till I got answers to everything that happened to be honest.

We're doing well here with baby but she's so so hungry all the time & windy and I think she might be constipated. It's hard not knowing what to do when she cries but hopefully we'll figure her out soon ;)

For the girls asking about arse acorns...
    I have them with a good while now, I tried 3 over the counter creams and even got them lanced at south doc and nothing would get rid of them. In the end my dr gave me a prescription with a mild steroid in it. They're still there, but not painful. That cream was a god send.Can't remember the name of it but your doc should be able to prescribe something if they are very sore.
    I was also told by midwife to have an Epsom salt bath ( didn't need to when cream worked so well) also get a stool softener if you find your bowel movements sore. I used mil par and found it helped.

One more thing that ye might not want to hear.... I got one " acorn" 11 yrs ago after the birth of my daughter and it's still there. It's dead though, no feeling in it, but it's still there.

NFreak, hope you get the answers you deserve! And lock those zombie gates!!!
    Ginny, hope all goes well for you, not nice to be in hospital for 2 days but at least they are keeping a good eye on things.
    Must look into that twinkle twinkle thing twomums.

Well my due date is almost over and while baby is very very active, it seems happy to Zumba away inside there. Ah well.

Notsobusy I think we have bought about 5 of them now & every parent talked about how super it was :) Leapfrog stuff is great - fun with an educational element (they have always been our gift of choice). Silly I could be a sales rep for them along with the uppababy ;) which has been super so far!

Oh & thanks re steriliser options :) we don't own/use a microwave so that would be a hefty purchase ;) Amazon is always my first checking point :D Re the pump- a hand pump would have me like Arnie the amount I'm doing! We had to rent a hospital grade one for it to have a chance of working :) Will be off to the breastfeeding clinic next Tuesday to see how I'm getting on amount wise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

Hello :)

only out of hospital today with our beautiful daughter Alanis. She was born on Sunday night after 4 failed lots of gel and finally had the waters broken.She was 7lb 1oz. It's a long (and sore!) story, and i'm knackered so won't go into it now but she's here and that's all that matters.

She's an absolute angel, just feeds and sleeps. will post more when i can think straight.just wanted t let you all know. :)

minibear

minibear wrote: »
    Hello :)

only out of hospital today with our beautiful daughter Alanis. She was born on Sunday night after 4 failed lots of gel and finally had the waters broken.She was 7lb 1oz. It's a long (and sore!) story, and i'm knackered so won't go into it now but she's here and that's all that matters.

She's an absolute angel, just feeds and sleeps. will post more when i can think straight.just wanted t let you all know. :)

minibear

Congrats Minibear :)

Congrats mini bear !
    should have my own news today!

• Advertisement

Especially delighted for you Minibear :) you must be so delighted! Congratulations :D

Advertisement