Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Congrats minibear x

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

congrats Minibear :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Congrats and well done Minibear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Congrats Minibear!!Love the name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Wow, so much has happened since I logged on last.

Congrats to all the new mummies, MamaH, Jenny, Feest and Minibear. Our July babies have really beautiful names too.

Feest, your story gave me chills - I'm delghted that it ended well, the alternatives don't bear thinking about! Enjoy your little miracle baby

Nyquist, I think you should be allowed to yell at whoever you like - it sounds like you had a traumatic experience, and not having the story straight in your own head only makes it all the harder to deal with. If people can't see that, or respect your wishes to keep their nose out, then being yelled at is the least they deserve. Hugs to you, lady!

TwoMums, are you exclusively pumping now? My little one breast fed well for the first 4 days, but since yesterday, she just will not latch on, and just gets more and more frustrated (and a screaming baby is never going to latch I think!) I've had to supplement with formula, and since doing that she's far more content, and I'm less stressed because I know she's fed well. So I was thinking of pumping and bottle feeding expressed milk - hopefully that will give her the best of both worlds! But I am a bit worried about it.

Other than the feeding, everything seems to be going well with her - and we found out the reason for the quiff! Melody has a very mild version of a congenital scalp defect, which meant that the top layer of the skin (the one with hair) did not form in a small spot on her scalp, and the surrounding area got extra hair. It means she'll probably have a mini bald patch when she is older, but it is nothing to worry about - and it has made for some seriously cute photos. A consultant will take a look at it again in a few months to make sure it is all good, but the docs are in no way worried.

I am ok too, the birth experience was tough and long - 2 lots of gel, and a 12 hour labour with over 2 hours of pushing ending in a dramatic forceps birth, with an episiotomy, the cord around the neck and shoulder distocia adding its two cents in too. I'll get around to writing a birth story one of the days!

My stitches are not healing very well, and got infected, so I'm on painkillers and antibiotics. I knew in the hospital that something wasn't right with them, but it was the PHN who noticed - I'm pretty annoyed the hospital didn't actually, especially as I asked them to check repeatedly - they kept telling me they were fine!

Sorry for the extra long post, but it has made me feel better :)

Sorry for the

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

minibear wrote: »
    Hello :)

only out of hospital today with our beautiful daughter Alanis. She was born on Sunday night after 4 failed lots of gel and finally had the waters broken.She was 7lb 1oz. It's a long (and sore!) story, and i'm knackered so won't go into it now but she's here and that's all that matters.

She's an absolute angel, just feeds and sleeps. will post more when i can think straight.just wanted t let you all know. :)

minibear

Congratulations Minibear:):):)What a pretty name too:)

Kash - that sounds exhausting and hard going. Infected stitches can't have helped on top of it all atoo

Hope my sweep today gets things moving. Had a little cry in the shower earlier...just want it over now and getting anxious about the birth. Between my arse acorns and spd Im in a lot of pain every day too so be good to have baby arms not tummy...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

congrats minibear!!!

Hope alls going well for you java and the long waited for baby java is here soon!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Kash,

Sounds like you and Melody have been through it...infected stitches and shoulder distocia...poor girls. Very frustrating too when you are saying that the stitches aren't healing properly and being told otherwise. hello...u should know more than anyone how they are feeling ffs!!!!

I bf and topped up with breastmilk that I had expressed. It's double jobbing but its getting the breast milk into them. A top up of forumla is a great standby too. Their tummys are so small too that little and often is preferable.

Good that no reason for concern over her scalp. Anything at all would worry you.

Melody's quiff is super cute

xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congratulations minibear! I'd say baby Java will be today so I'll update the list a bit later on.

Kash sounds like you had a tough time but it's great all is going well at home with your wee one.
    silly wrote: »
    One more thing that ye might not want to hear.... I got one " acorn" 11 yrs ago after the birth of my daughter and it's still there. It's dead though, no feeling in it, but it's still there.

Oh well, the view down there was never great to begin with so I'll have to live with it if they stay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

cannot believe I've been sent home :-(
    time for a tearful bath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Oh java my heart goes out to you :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Oh Java that's tough - hope that bath helps! Why were you sent home?

Kash I have to go pump ;) but I will respond this afternoon with what I'm doing and how it's going! Did you meet Brid in the hospital? She is lovely & runs a clinic every Tuesday in Ennis hospital! I plan to be there next Tuesday & out of Ennis or limerick clinics, I find Brid more helpful so would recommend trekking to Ennis :) but just in brief we are still on a combo of breast & formula at each feed!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Congratulations Minibear !!
    Java, Sorry to hear you were sent home, is it because they`re so busy?
    Enjoy that bath..

Silly I guess our little ones won`t be sharing their birthdays with Nelson Mandela!!

I had the sweep y/day, it was a tiny bit uncomfortable as any internal is but not at all painful, my sister had told me it was the most painful thing in her entire pregnancy so wasn`t looking forward to it but for the greater good. I had a slight spotting after, Dr says I`m 1cm dialated and I`m a bit crampy since but won`t be getting my hopes up just yet...

Heading out now to walk the legs off this poor dog and see if it helps!!

40w+1 :mad:

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Congratulations Minibear !!
    Java, Sorry to hear you were sent home, is it because they`re so busy?
    Enjoy that bath..

Silly I guess our little ones won`t be sharing their birthdays with Nelson Mandela!!

I had the sweep y/day, it was a tiny bit uncomfortable as any internal is but not at all painful, my sister had told me it was the most painful thing in her entire pregnancy so wasn`t looking forward to it but for the greater good. I had a slight spotting after, Dr says I`m 1cm dialated and I`m a bit crampy since but won`t be getting my hopes up just yet...

fingers crossed that sweep helped.

I had internal today
    that was the most painful internal I ever had.
    anyway going tomorrow afternoon to hospital. they will try to induce me due to low liquid level. if it fail then c section.

im glad its almost over
    :-)

yeah no beds for me. they gonna try admit me tonight.

got a trace done, was really paranoid I wouldn't feel zoe move during it.
    in twenty mins I had registered 40 moves !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh Java I'm so sorry they sent you home!!
    That is a massive amount of movement during the trace, I think I got about 10 in 50 mins on a few of mine in hosp.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Hi Kash :)
    So I will go through what I'm doing but if you have any specific questions ask away ;)

I am exclusively pumping in the sense that Zoe is on a nipple ban :D but she gets topped up with formula at every feed as I'm only producing about 50 mil per pump at the moment. I pump for 40mins every 4 hours but I'm increasing it to every 3 hours when possible. I've also had to skip pumping when sick etc which won't have helped increase my supply but I'm not going to stress about it. I will talk to Brid about it next week & for now Zoe is getting breastmilk which she wouldn't be otherwise :)

In my case Zoe was taken from my breast early on as she had done significant damage in 12-24 hours! We used nipple shields for awhile & they worked great but she is that strong she made me bleed even with the shields! Everyone whose checked her palate has commented on how strong her suck is, she also is a hungry baby and will suck spilt milk/formula off her bib if she's let :D

As my milk tried to come in I was getting engorgement & they were worried about mastitis so got me pumping on the hospital pump! If you want to pump & bottle feed they would recommend renting a hospital quality double pump & this is what we have done. It's time consuming - pumping takes time & someone still needs to feed the baby but you get into a routine quickly enough. As you fed well for awhile your supply would probably be better than mine so you might get a full feed from pumping & not need to supplement with formula :)

I like that I can still give Zoe breastmilk for the time being & I'm taking it a day at a time :) or a month anyway as that's the renting timeframe for the pump.

There is a lot more sterilising & we have bought a second set of pump parts so that there will always be a sterilised set ready rather than pumping & then washing/sterilising for the next go :) We hope this will make the night pumps a little easier :)

The long term plan is to try get her back on the breast when her mouth is bigger, my nipples are hardier & no longer inverted :) but if when the time comes she doesn't go back on or causes damage again I'll happily transfer her to full time formula knowing I gave her as much breastmilk as I could :)

Like I said any questions ask away...I have to go pump again! If you want to ask privately do it via Facebook as I'm better at checking that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Congrats to all the new mommies - MamaHeidi, Jenny, Feest and Minibear glad your little ones are all here safely...

Nyquist - that guy sounds like a complete pain in the ass - keep those zombie gates firmly shut until you're ready for visitors... hopefully you will get some answers when u meet the surgeon.

Java - I really feel for u - you must be well and truly fed up - fingers crossed they will have a bed for u soon and little Zoe will be in your arm before you know it and every minute of waiting will be so worth it...

Saurelin - hope u are ok, hopefully induction will be successful tomorrow - you could have little Alice before our due date! If there is anything u need text me - am only a few mins away....

I have my consultant apt tomorrow morning so will hopefully see if this baby has any notion of making a move - has been engaged for over 2 weeks now and still no other signs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Finally, having bought numerous new parents the Leapfrog twinkle twinkle & always been told it was a godsend....why on earth did it take us 8 days to use ours :eek: It really is like a baby sleeping drug! :D[/QUOTE]

2 mums is there anywhere i can buy the leapfrog scout online using laser or is it only available through amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Fri.Day wrote: »

I know! 40+1 :(
    My 2nd sweep yesterday did nothing either...No show, no cramps...nothing.
    Have appointment again next Wednesday.
    Not sure what's planned for that day though.

• Advertisement

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July *Girl* - BORN 15th July, 7lbs 1oz
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz

Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July - BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Congrats again to minibear. I feel another onslaught of babies coming for this weekend so I think I better keep the list up to date or I'll lose track. We've had no weekday babies this week, do the babies not realise we are on mat leave and we will accept them Mon-Fri?

Anyone else feeling EXTRA clingy to their OH's. I practically just want to sit on him (though he'd be crushed) but at the same time I need him to do things like hoovering and moving heavy stuff, but I want to hold his hand while he's doing it. Aaaaahhhh!

Mink wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling EXTRA clingy to their OH's. I practically just want to sit on him (though he'd be crushed) but at the same time I need him to do things like hoovering and moving heavy stuff, but I want to hold his hand while he's doing it. Aaaaahhhh!

Mink I had this same for last few weeks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm back in bloody hospital - my episiotomy stitches came out so I have a gaping wound. And yes, that is as painful as it sounds :( The senior consultant will take a look tomorrow, and hopefully they can fix it as I am getting seriously depressed.

Melody is with me, but I am missing my hubby. It seems like I was only home for a minute :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh Jaysus Kash that is awful!! You poor love!! :(

My Braxton Hicks are really noticeable now, they actually make me feel a bit sick when I have them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

ahh poor kash hope it gets sorted soon...

Kash wrote: »
    I'm back in bloody hospital - my episiotomy stitches came out so I have a gaping wound. And yes, that is as painful as it sounds :( The senior consultant will take a look tomorrow, and hopefully they can fix it as I am getting seriously depressed.

Melody is with me, but I am missing my hubby. It seems like I was only home for a minute :(
    Kash Im so sorry for you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh kash you poor thing, you've really been through the mill. Big hugs. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh god Kash... you poor thing. Fingers crossed they get you sorted tomorrow :(

Java I hope to god you got a bed.

Mink I was like that: I was in the hospital sitting on his lap I was so clingy :D Literally got off his lap walked to the bin and back and my waters broke: he was so lucky it didn't happen 5 mins earlier!

Doc for me tomorrow for blood tests the joys :)

• Advertisement

kash,that sounds awful get well soon x

yeah got my bed. oh just left. haven't stopped weeping since.

in between two sets of new parents, kinda feel like I'm gonna be a burden to them.

Advertisement