Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm driving again!!!! Woohoo :D haven't driven in 10 weeks: 10 weeks!! Oh so delighted!!! Going back to work in three weeks all going according to plan (ie no more sickness :p). So I'll have been on sick leave for 14 weeks and I don't get paid from work.... Oh well... nothing will put me in a bad mood when I'm able to drive myself again... Sheer bliss :D

Is anyone elses cholestrol gone sky high since they got pregnant? Got blood test results today and everything fine except my cholestrol: I have really regular blood tests so my levels have doubled :eek: The only thing I can think of was even when I was very sick it was eggs I wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

On a completely different note, is anyone very uncomfortable with pressure and streching pain in their tums? I am 15 weeks and come midday, I get extremely uncomfortable altogether and this lasts for the night! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

March11 wrote: »
    On a completely different note, is anyone very uncomfortable with pressure and streching pain in their tums? I am 15 weeks and come midday, I get extremely uncomfortable altogether and this lasts for the night! :(
    I only get the cramps if I move in a certain way, when getting out of the car I trigger some kind of discomfort, or when I'm crouched down, either clearing out ashes from fire or looking for something in a bottom press, I get a bad cramp when I stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

That's brillian Cyning, you won't know yourself soon what with no sickness, driving & back at work!

I get this when I sneeze, cough, blow my nose, stand up, twist etc. Round ligament pain it's called.

Got my apt letter to see physio in Rotunda for next week. On the letter it says it's an apt to see physio consultant but then says it's for Pelvic Girdle Class. What the hell is this? Do they give you a girdle & teach you to put it on or something? I'm hoping it won't be a long apt as I then gotta leg it back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Great news cyning, you must be so happy to be the other side now. When babs is put into your arms for the first time, I'm sure what your been through will be like a distant memory.

@March - I get what I can only describe as like a stitch from time to time. Had a kinda of a burning in my right side, but inside over the weekend once or twice. I presume it's caused by babs trying to let me know he/she is in there!

• Advertisement

Has anyone felt any flutters yet?
    I've the weekend I definatley felt some sort of movement in there. Think baby was doing something outrageous like summersaults, as I could feel like something was not in it's normal place I there if you get my meaning....

Oh and congrats cyning on being back behind the wheel! Great news!

I did last night Silly, at least I think I did! I felt like a little bubble: I can honestly say have never felt anything like that before. I woke up my husband to tell him... he wasn't half as excited as when he rang me and woke me up this morning to talk about it :p

Those stretching pains are a pain in the neck! I got them pretty much non stop untill last week now I just get them when I move suddenly or oddly. I'm sleeping with a pilow behind my back and between my legs so I'm way more comfortable that way now!

I'm starting to feel really excited now! I'm having a little baby... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

No flutters but anyone else getting a sudden "push" downwards as if pee is going to come out, like something is playing football with your bladder? I really hope I retain full control of my bladder :o

Had the bubble popping feeling a few times in the last four/five days.
    Mostly in the evenings when I'm chilling out on the sofa.

Cyning, you can get wedge cushion to support your bump. It's a bit sturdier than a normal pillow.
    Might be better later on when bump is bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,

Cyning - that great news, you won't know yourself!!!

Mink - no idea on the physio, if you ring them they might be able to give u more info...

On the pains I get what feels like growing pains up the side of my tummy every so often or if I move too suddenly, especially in the morn getting out of bed I get a cramp but it goes away after a min or too..

Has anyone else gotten their bill from the hospital yet... I got mine last week to be paid ASAP, wasn't expecting it so soon am only 15 weeks... Hope their as efficent with everything else;)

Hope everyone is doing well,
    T x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Last night I had a tickle/bubble feeling just above my knicker line, had to touch and see nothing was touching me...!! Love it! Got a doppler thing but it's not great and can't hear anything yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

16 weeks (24 long ones to go!)
    Ive been having lots of aches so hope its stretching cos I really need to relax..
    I`ve piles!! Another symtom!! :D:D
    Another mad thing which is kinda funny/weird/strange..Ive been woken up 3 times so far in this pregnancy with an bloody orgasm... like what the hell is this baby up to in there??? :eek: I can understand the mad dreams but...
    Tried on a bridesmaid dress over the weekend and the size 12 ain`t got much room for expansion, I dunno why my sis went shopping without me then she returned it yesterday also without me and bought a size 20 so "it can be altered" I`ll look sweet in a pink tent - not!!
    Mink - its a "pelvic floor" class, the girdle is that muscle that cradles all our organs like a hammock ;)

Friday hahaha!!!
    Piles,Orgasms and size 20's...Classic!!

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Another mad thing which is kinda funny/weird/strange..Ive been woken up 3 times so far in this pregnancy with an bloody orgasm... like what the hell is this baby up to in there??? :eek: I can understand the mad dreams but...;)

I`d like that symptom please!

Fri.Day wrote: »
    16 weeks (24 long ones to go!)
    Ive been having lots of aches so hope its stretching cos I really need to relax..
    I`ve piles!! Another symtom!! :D:D
    Another mad thing which is kinda funny/weird/strange..Ive been woken up 3 times so far in this pregnancy with an bloody orgasm... like what the hell is this baby up to in there??? :eek: I can understand the mad dreams but...
    Tried on a bridesmaid dress over the weekend and the size 12 ain`t got much room for expansion, I dunno why my sis went shopping without me then she returned it yesterday also without me and bought a size 20 so "it can be altered" I`ll look sweet in a pink tent - not!!
    Mink - its a "pelvic floor" class, the girdle is that muscle that cradles all our organs like a hammock ;)

Ya that orgasm thing is weird: but alot more common than you'd think! Although on one of my baby apps one of the posts was anout orgasmic birth now that is the strangest thing I've ever heard :eek:

I had a bit of bridesmaid drama when I was getting married and one dress had to be taken down from a size 18 to a size 10: you wouldn't have know the difference compared to the other 3 so dont worry: just get a decent seamstress!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Evening girls,
    I've to get the GTT test done too,I'm getting mine done at 28 weeks.im going to ask can I go to my gp for it as its a bit if a pain trying to get the boys organised for school and getting to the hosp for 8am when I can't drive!!
    I've a feeling it's another boy.after 4 of them I think it's almost a dead cert.
    So I've the name connor picked but dh isn't mad on it.
    We named ds4 after dh & dhs father. Dh is the only son so keeping it in the family. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and I'll be 30 weeks by my next scan

Evening girls,
    I've to get the GTT test done too,I'm getting mine done at 28 weeks.im going to ask can I go to my gp for it as its a bit if a pain trying to get the boys organised for school and getting to the hosp for 8am when I can't drive!!

oh, that is going to be difficult! Hope for your sake the GP is able to do it.

It's scary how fast the time is going by...were nearly at the half way point and starting to feel movements.
    I have a certain meeting once a month in work and as I was leaving it yesterday I was thinking I'll only be at another four before my maternity leave (please god). Hopefully my boss won't make me go in June coz I'll be so heavily pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

How many weeks are you Kildareash? I'm a bit behind everyone else as I'm due end of July :( But I guess I get to learn from all your experiences!

Will be 15 weeks next Sat, really feel like I've popped out this past week. I'm a bit embarrassed to tell people I'm only just over 3 mths, look more like 5 mths.

Tinkerbell I'd say you'll have a girl, are you going to find out the sex at the 28 wk scan?

So Friday, I'll bet you're looking forward to going to sleep at night to reap the rewards :D Thanks for info re girdle class. So there will probably be other women there & we'll be shown what to do I guess. Hey I'll try anything to keep my back sorted. Probably won't start pregnancy yoga til see how goes with physio excercises.

Java I've been very tempted to get a doppler but not sure if it will be worth it or not or will it just freak me out of can't hear heartbeat. Really looking forward to feeling movement and being sure of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I found the doppler great and don't think you'll have any problem hearing the heartbeat at 15 weeks.

I'm almost 17 weeks and still haven't felt this bubble thing that some of the other girls have (and I am so jealous :p) so the doppler is keeping me sane.

Kash wrote: »
    I found the doppler great and don't think you'll have any problem hearing the heartbeat at 15 weeks.

I'm almost 17 weeks and still haven't felt this bubble thing that some of the other girls have (and I am so jealous :p) so the doppler is keeping me sane.

think my doppler is just a bit crap(i hope). what one have you got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

javagal wrote: »
    think my doppler is just a bit crap(i hope). what one have you got?

The angelsounds one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AngelSounds-Fetal-Heart-Detector-Doppler/dp/B001NWDUE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328098414&sr=8-1

I use it with Johnsons & Johnsons baby oil gel, or Durex Play, and it works perfectly.

Second for angelsounds one. Was listening to heartbeat beath this morning its 148 so reassuring to hear it!:)

Might invest in one..

Mink wrote: »
    How many weeks are you Kildareash? I'm a bit behind everyone else as I'm due end of July :( But I guess I get to learn from all your experiences!

I'm 16 and a half...so probably not that far ahead of you as I'm due mid-July. But I just can't get my head around the fact that I'll be half way there in just over three weeks. Feels like only yesterday we were doing the test at home!

OH will not let me get a doppler. He knows that I'll get freaked out if I can't use it right.
    For anyone that's using it...can you distinguish between your heart beat and the baby's?
    I still haven't heard my baby's heartbeat...obviously we could see it ticking away on the scan, but it would be nice to hear it.

I'm not allowed buy a doppler either: and tbh I know myself if there was a day I couldn't find it straight away I'd probably panic :) ! My GP listens to heartbeat everytime I go in: I actually nearly prefer it to scans: he lets me hear baby then I hear me you can really hear the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yes started getting these last week. I think mine maybe due to the fact that I am exercising a bit more now I am on my feet again. There was a couple of nights in a row I was in agony with wind pain. This seems to have gone a little!!

On another note, I am 18 weeks and I have job interview tomorrow and next week. I feel it's a bit wrong to be asking for a job and only going to be in it for a few months but it's better than not working. I assume I will only tell them when I get the job offer, if I get it!!??? One is an internship job and the other is a proper paying job. But I am also waiting to hear back whether I got the allowance for the back to work scheme as I want to start my own business which I can do with and around baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,

I'm 15 weeks since sunday - haven't felt any bubbles or flutters yet.. Not sure about he doppler, worried that if I didn't hear heartbeat I'd panic and if I did I'd be using it constantly. Got to hear the heartbeat at the last consultant visit and it was amazing! Has anyone booked their antenatal classes yet, one midwife told me to book them at around 22 weeks and the other told me to book them straight away???

Hope everyone is well,
    Tx

Just been to visit a friend who had a baby 4 weeks ago!
    She's lucky I didn't bring him home with me. I want mine now!

Trions, haven't booked antenatal classes yet...Must see what's available!
    Did anyone go to the early class, that they recommend from 14 weeks? Is it worth it?

notsobusy wrote: »

On another note, I am 18 weeks and I have job interview tomorrow and next week. I feel it's a bit wrong to be asking for a job and only going to be in it for a few months but it's better than not working. I assume I will only tell them when I get the job offer, if I get it!!???

To be honest, I would tell them at the interview. I don't think you'll get much respect from any employers if you fail to tell them that you'll be gone on mat leave in 5 months.

That's my own personal opinion though.

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    Just been to visit a friend who had a baby 4 weeks ago!
    She's lucky I didn't bring him home with me. I want mine now!

Trions, haven't booked antenatal classes yet...Must see what's available!
    Did anyone go to the early class, that they recommend from 14 weeks? Is it worth it?
    Have soooo many friend who have had babies in the last few weeks! Dying to get a squeeze!
    I haven't booked mine yet, as I don't know if I will bother. But my midwife friend said to book straight away!

Advertisement