Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink, I'm going to iron my babyclothes because they don't feel very soft to me. Want to see if ironing them will make a difference. It'll probably be the only time the child wears properly ironed clothes!
    I hate ironing and only do it when I really have to!!!

Might try pregnancy yoga, got a number for someone who does it locally last week. The other classes I found are about a fifteen minute drive from my house, and it would be almost an hour's drive from work. I'd say the damage I'm doing from driving and sitting in the car would outweigh the benefits of the yoga.
    Did you find physio any good? Is there much they can do?
    I just really want to keep myself going for the next couple of months. I really don't want to have to finish work earlier than I planned to.

Cyning, thanks for that link. I thought I was on their website last week and it was under construction. Maybe they were just updating it.

Your right not to try not worry about baby being born early. IT's great they're looking after you so well, that's a huge reassurance and one less stress!
    My nephew was born at 30 weeks, and although he only weighed about a pound, he was home about five weeks later. Hard to believe that was almost 14 years ago now.
    My sis-in-law is telling me to be prepared now, because baby's are so unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

cyning wrote: »
    If I go in 6 weeks I'll only be 35 weeks though :mad: I'm actually not worrying about it to be honest: they really are minding me very well!

Mink if you have a Guiney's near you they are without a doubt the cheapest. I got mine for €3.99 and they are the large ones. They don't have them at the moment but they have loads for €5.99 which is still cheaper than anywhere else I saw. They have the hooded baby towels for €3.99 with a fleece hoody too to wrap baby in when dry to warm them up.

And if you don't they have a website I just discovered :D

http://michaelguineys.ie/index.php/baby-nursery/the-nursery.html?limit=all

I never knew guiney's had furniture?? Must pop into the one in cork, i havent been in there in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Cyning - I can well imagine that you don't want her in an incubator but it is good that you put it out of your mind as its only a suggestion at the moment :) After all they gave you the lung injection way back in your early 20ish weeks & your baby is still snug inside you :)
    They say if a baby is weaned on to solids before 6 months they can get bigger quicker but I have no idea myself! Chocolate at 6 months is pretty shocking alright :eek: I intend ours not to know about chocolate for years if I can help it although she loves it already ;)

Mink - yes one of the many benefits of a same sex relationship (if you are gay of course :D ) is that she can be trusted in such departments :) I do understand the nail varnish thing as my mam put some on the other day in my company & the smell went right through me (sensitive pregnancy nose I think).
    Glad your back is feeling better - have you used your ball yet? There is an exercise moving your hips into a slouch & back out of it which keeps your lower back strong!

My little one seems to feel very contented in her transverse position as I can tell she is still that way (its been at least 8 weeks)! I'm happy enough at the moment as I wouldn't want her long legs under my ribs just right now :) although I do worry that she might still be folded up like an ironing board (feet up around her head) & whether that's good for her but nobody that's seen her that way seems concerned :)

Oh & I really must get that list sorted as all these babies arriving early stories are making me realise if that happened we would be up a creek without a paddle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

TheMagpie: cellular blankets really aren't soft at all! I have mine washed and dried and all: I expected them to be really soft too but they are the same everywhere!

The Guiney's in Tralee doesn't have furniture at all: I was kinda surprised the website did!

Twomums: ya I was really genuinely shocked by the chocolate to be honest. Although then again knowing her as I do I don't know why I am so surprised...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

kildareash wrote: »
    Did you find physio any good? Is there much they can do?
    I just really want to keep myself going for the next couple of months. I really don't want to have to finish work earlier than I planned to.

My nephew was born at 30 weeks, and although he only weighed about a pound, he was home about five weeks later. Hard to believe that was almost 14 years ago now.

When I went to the pelvic girdle class done by the Physio in the Rotunda, the excercises we were given were very limited so I haven't gotten much use out of it. But if I had seen a physio one to one it might have been different.

I think you should maybe get one of those Pregnancy Yoga DVD's, there's only a certain amount of excercises that can be done when you are pregnant so it's bound to have the same stuff as I did in the class. If you do, just take it easy with it and only do stuff if you're comfortable with it. I hung back on a few excercises in the class as my back wasn't up to it yet.

Re your nephew, that's a bit mad that he was only 1lb at 30 wks, all my apps keep telling me that my baby is between 1 1/2lbs and 2.2 lbs and I'm only 26 weeks!
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Glad your back is feeling better - have you used your ball yet? There is an exercise moving your hips into a slouch & back out of it which keeps your lower back strong!

Well the instructions say you blow it up to 80% of it's size & then leave it in a warm room for 24hrs, then you finish blowing it up the rest of the way. So I should be able to give it it's maiden voyage tonight. In a couple days I may venture into the excercises that come with it but I'm going to be careful about it and might have OH nearby til I get used to the ball!

It will come in handy seeing as I'll be doing ALL my labouring at home and they are supposed to be good to sit on so as to "open" everything up as it were.

Mink - yes you should blow it up 80% & then wait & for mine it did make a difference expansion wise overnight :)
    It is best to have someone around when you first use the ball as it takes some getting used to & you don't want to roll off it :)
    Enjoy your maiden voyage & they are meant to be great for labouring so that should help when the time comes!

Re baby size at our 26 scan we were told our little girl was already 2lb but then they are expecting her to be bigger with her giant legs :D

girls, I've never suffered with heart burn - like ever..so i'm not sure if what i am experiencing now is heart burn or not.
    Its more of a burning sensation at the back of my lower throat...not down as far as my heart..
    is that heart burn?

Maybe that was a reason she went into early labour. I was only young myself at the time, but I'll never forget my brothers phone call to say he'd arrived!

I just slept on the sofa for two hours!!! I was after eating my lunch and just put my feet up for a few minutes and nodded off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

silly wrote: »
    girls, I've never suffered with heart burn - like ever..so i'm not sure if what i am experiencing now is heart burn or not.
    Its more of a burning sensation at the back of my lower throat...not down as far as my heart..
    is that heart burn?
    Yes - that sounds about right to me Silly - it's pretty new for me too!

Gaviscon tablets do work though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Roaming

I am so lonely. My husband never speaks to me, never takes me out. Doesn't want people calling to house. Cancelled milk man and window cleaner. If I speak to post man he butts in and I have to walk away. He wonders why i visit my best friend so often (once every 3 or 4 weeks!) . I have just realised it is a full week since I spoke to a human being face to face. He insists I only go shopping ever two weeks or once a month. If anything is needed between times I have to tell him and he gets it. One would be better off in prison at least you would get to see people. I rely on pc and my world. Next the phone line will be cut off!

Kash wrote: »
    Yes - that sounds about right to me Silly - it's pretty new for me too!

Gaviscon tablets do work though!

better get some then?
    did i see someone mentioned nice flavoured ones?

Roaming wrote: »
    I am so lonely. My husband never speaks to me, never takes me out. Doesn't want people calling to house. Cancelled milk man and window cleaner. If I speak to post man he butts in and I have to walk away. He wonders why i visit my best friend so often (once every 3 or 4 weeks!) . I have just realised it is a full week since I spoke to a human being face to face. He insists I only go shopping ever two weeks or once a month. If anything is needed between times I have to tell him and he gets it. One would be better off in prison at least you would get to see people. I rely on pc and my world. Next the phone line will be cut off!

Thats terrible, but why have you posted in on three different threads...and this one of all?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Roaming

Because I am new on here and this wasn't the thread I was on when I typed it but It said I had to log in again and too late I noticed it opened at a different thread

Roaming wrote: »
    Because I am new on here and this wasn't the thread I was on when I typed it but It said I had to log in again and too late I noticed it opened at a different thread
    better to start a thread here then:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Silly, if u don't like the taste of the gaviscon tablets the rennie fruit ones are better.
    Heartburn is a b€&@h tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

If this is true what they say about heartburn and hairy babies then Alice will be monkey.
    I wake up with heartburn, and after everything I eat I suffer.

I'm really tired today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Saurelin wrote: »
    If this is true what they say about heartburn and hairy babies then Alice will be monkey.
    I wake up with heartburn, and after everything I eat I suffer.

I'm really tired today.

tired myself today too!
    Will post my 29.5 week belly pictures tomorrow, bump has taken a big stretch in the past few days, have a few stretch marks to show !
    my belly is getting hairyer by the day i.m like black haired yeti

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Hi everyone its been a while since ive been on here... trying to catch up hopefully ive got it all right!!
    Congrats cynin another girl well 80% of a girl lol!! possibly only 6 weeks left (hopefully a bit longer) but Im sure everything will be fine even if you do go early im sure the docs and nurses will look after her very well!!

Tink that must be so confusing... How sure was the doc today? im sure your shocked but 3D scan is prob more reliable... when is babyscan going to rescan hope its soon!!!

Twomums you must be getting excited your getting close now... hope you find some lovely outfits!!

Thanks Tinkerbell79 :) its two weeks on Thursday!
    Getting there now thankfully - still waiting for my linen trousers (which will hopefully fit :) ) & need to get some shoes but not too worried just yet :)
    Now I just have to hold it together during the ceremony :D I'm pretty emotional at the best of times...add in pregnancy & some very personal touches & I may well be a blubbering mess :eek:

• Advertisement

Twomums when I got married i was convinced I'd bawl: aside from a moment walking up the aisle I was fine: and I cry at everyones wedding!! Just make sure someone has tissues just in case :D and if you do it really does not matter at all :)

On stretchmarks: now my other boob has them. Now like seriously they are ruined. Ruined :eek: none anywhere else though and none starting that I can see!

Twomums when I got married i was convinced I'd bawl: aside from a moment walking up the aisle I was fine: and I cry at everyones wedding!! Just make sure someone has tissues just in case :D and if you do it really does not matter at all :)

On stretchmarks: now my other boob has them. Now like seriously they are ruined. Ruined :eek: none anywhere else though and none starting that I can see!
    Yeah twomums, I'm the same as cyning. I get very emotional when I see the bride coming up the aisle! So I was dreading it myself!!! And I was actually fine, apart from a little quiver on my lips the closer I got. But I know what you mean about being pregnant on top of it all. I think it's nice to show emotion anyway, I bet all your guests will be in tears too!!

I have a few light stretch marks on my belly (hairy too java!!) since last pregnancy, but I can't see any new ones yet. I'm almost finished my jar of palmers tummy butter, so definatley getting more. I think it's working so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I am riddled with stretchmarks - I have tiger stripes on my belly.
    None on my boobs, but a thick band of them running down the inside of my thigh as far as my knee! Thank crunchy for coloured tights is all I can say...

I only have stretch marks on my bump so far...and more on one side that the other strangely enough!
    But my hips were destroyed from when I put on weight a few years ago. They're gone white now but seem to be a lot more obvious as my bump grows!

I got a lot of stretch marks on my knees, thighs, hips & boobs when I had a growth spurt when I was 13/14. They are faded white now. But because of these I'm worried I'm very susceptible to them, but then I've heard of women having the same thing & not getting any new ones during pregnancy!

So far I've no new ones, I'm nearly checking everyday for them though! You guys who are getting them are not keeping my hopes up :D

Well we bit the bullet and got our travel system last night. Went for the Baby Elegance Beep system. Got it 2nd hand on adverts for 200 euro :cool:. I have to say, the couple that sold it to us kept it in amazing condition, very clean. It was so weird wheeling it all up the street to the car afterwards!

So now we will probably have annoyed my mother in law as she wanted to get a travel system but we just didn't want her forking out big bucks for a system we liked in the shops. So now the plan is to bring her to Ikea & "let her" get us the cot, mattress, bedding & maybe some other bits & bobs. We have that 10% off voucher plus we already have an Ikea family card which should give something off.

I want to go to Ikea NOW!!!!!! I think I will have the cot set up beside the bed for 2 mths before baby comes! I must be in nesting mode already as I'm obsessed & there's no need for it, I've loads of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Mink fab idea hopefully it will keep her happy!!! Ikea is amazing!! Now I want to go :D

My Dad was talking to his new GF on the Skype last night and her daughter had a baby about 18months ago and apparently has loads of stuff to give me so I'm delighted. Also a friend from London rang me the other night and a pile of them are coming home on a weekend in June and want to have a baby shower/party for me. God I'm a bit teary writing this as I am amazed how supportive and wonderful everyone is being.

Myself and the OH had a bit of a dodgy start in our relationship, it was like something out of Eastenders :eek::eek: So we are constantly amazed at how happy people are for us.

Cyning my boobs are also ruined with stretch marks. I've none elsewhere yet but I also have white lines on my thighs from when I was a teenager!

Isn't it funny how people talk about stretch marks & pregnancy but yet plenty of us got them as kids :) I got mine at 12 & haven't had many new ones yet (keeping my fingers crossed :) )!

My linen trousers arrived today & fit nicely bar making me feel very short as the legs are super long - will have to be taken up :) def the most comfy linen trousers ive tried on!

Kiwi were yours the same re the length?

Got them from Seraphine & I have to say super service - ordered Sunday arrived this morning :)

I'm really prone to stretch marks: have them on the backs of my knees, calfs and thighs: just silvery white lines now though! My theory (the one I'm really hoping is true) is that because my weight has yoyoed at times I'm less likely to get them now!!

Wishful thinking??!!

Mink same travel system as me: I love it! What I would say is if it didn't come with it is get the bag hook for it get it: it's only a fiver and well worth it :D The one down side is the size of the basket!!

Aw notsobusy, that's lovely. I love this share culture when there's a new baby. It just amazes me what comes out of the woodwork when people hear your expecting.

After having a semi ok day yesterday, my back is killing me today. Can't get
    Comfortable, I was even awake during the night. It's not pain just discomfort but I think I'm just going to have to get used to it for the next three months. Glad I've saved my hols now, at least I have the option to take a couple of weeks off before my maternity leave starts and still have a couple of weeks to take at the end.

• Advertisement

Notsobusy that's great news. I'm glad your family and friends are rallying around.

Cyning thanks for the tip. Yeah I really like it, so easy to fold, has the carry cot so I can use it for daytime naps downstairs (for baby, not me :rolleyes:) and it's all very light. Yeah I'll have to live with the basket, not many buggies have big baskets these days though. Must get a backpack for going down the shops!

Kildareash I found that only lying down (on my side) relieved the pain. My back would get sore sitting or standing for more than a minute. Now that I'm starting to feel better, I can't believe the difference in my mood, it does get you down when in pain.

Baby is very active yesterday and today. Think I felt a big lumpy head slide across my belly the other evening, I keep getting a fright when he does big freaky movements.

Advertisement