Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

My legs are literally walked off me!!! Spent the day walking around cork city. But I bought the 2 mattresses I needed, baby grows, vests, hats and mittens in m&s and mothercare. I got soothers/ maternity pads/ tummy butter / wipes in boots. Blankets in guineys. Can't wait to start washing them all!! And they didn't cost much really as I had one for all voucher since we got married. Now I need to do food shopping though... Too tired!!

Best of luck with scan tink! I hope you get your girl xx

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies, hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

Tinkerbell-good luck with the scan tomorrow - hope you're happy with whatever news they tell you.

Twomums- try not to panic about the birth just yet... still a little bit away yet & you can talk to your consultants etc about it anyway.

Anybody heard of Aris? It's a second hand baby fair that's on every couple of weeks - my mum told me about it. OH & I went today to Greystones for a look and got some lovely stuff. It's all being sold by the owners. There was a mixture of stuff - some really nice stuff as new and other not so nice stuff but all sellers were on the 'give me an offer' type of sell. So we got a cosatto changing unit for 20 (our first purchase and didn't hagle), brand new playmat still in bag for 15 (sticker on the outside said 54.00) and a lovely little seat for 15 (the owner was a mum of twin boys - had rails and rails of ralph lauren clothes and everything she had was immaculate - beautiful cribs etc) but we stopped ourselves at that! Happy out.

What I liked most was you could look at everything and if you didn't like it you weren't obliged to make excuses and go - like you would if you were buying something second hand at somebody's home. There's another one in drumcondra in a few weeks & they have a website in case anybody is interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Just back from cirque du soleil :) love their shows! Baby was wiggling about all evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Great purchases Mamaheidi & Silly :)

Tink fingers crossed for baby girl

I cleaned a little in baby room - still trying to remove the rest of paint from window but slowly I'm getting there.

My hubby pissed me off today - whole week I was reminding him that I have my gp appointment today at 2 pm, and he still didn't remember.
    we barely make it as he was playing his stupid online game and he told me that I can drive myself to doc. I get upset as I have only L license, and since I get pregnant I can't drive as I get strong nausea, while behind a wheel.

Anyway, I was so angry that I get really high blood pressure and my nose was bleeding. He get scared so much, that when we get back home he washed dishes and clean one of bathrooms without me asking about it.
    I don't like my hormones and 3rd trimester is the most difficult (I think I prefer my vomiting for 18 weeks almost every day instead of emotional roller coaster)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Just back from cirque du soleil :) love their shows! Baby was wiggling about all evening :)

Love cirque du soleil - we went last year, and it was jaw dropping! They've been showing a few of them on Sky Arts recently too, for when i'm too lazy to move my bum :)
    Saurelin wrote: »
    Anyway, I was so angry that I get really high blood pressure and my nose was bleeding. He get scared so much, that when we get back home he washed dishes and clean one of bathrooms without me asking about it.
    I don't like my hormones and 3rd trimester is the most difficult (I think I prefer my vomiting for 18 weeks almost every day instead of emotional roller coaster)

Wow Saur, take it easy! Deep breaths! I hope you're feeling better now
    mamaheidi wrote: »
    What I liked most was you could look at everything and if you didn't like it you weren't obliged to make excuses and go - like you would if you were buying something second hand at somebody's home. There's another one in drumcondra in a few weeks & they have a website in case anybody is interested...

Those second hand fairs are the business! We were really happy with what we got last weekend, and with the savings we made, we were able to get some other bits and pieces too.

I just found out that my Aunt is getting me one of those video baby monitors - hubby and I were planning some sort of Mission Impossible style webcam setup (yes, we are both geeks :D) so delighted we don't have to now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Well I've had some mad burst of energy Friday & yesterday and got tons of housework/nesting type stuff done. I decided to run with it as I could be knackered next week and not want to do anything.

I think the third trimester will take it's toll on all of us! Went to pregnancy yoga again yesterday and got more out of it again, highly recommend it for anyone with any aches and pains or anyone who finds they are geting anxious/can't sleep etc. Just learning to breath properly and relax properly has made such a difference to me and I think it might be why I'm feeling a bit more energetic (hope I haven't jinxed it now!!)

Saurelin, sounds like your man took the hint and got with the programme. My OH is very run down from early starts at work and then gigging all weekend, he had to take a long nap yesterday. He takes more naps than me these days, but probably needs them more!
    Yeh Kiwi I'm constantly tired I feel like I look tired to.... 1 of the girls in work told me I looked wrecked!!! I said thanks very much:) I'm not sleeping great though so I presume this is the cause!!!

This is one of my pet hates when someone, particularly in work, tells me I look tired/wrecked/pale. To me it's the same as telling me I look like crap, thanks a bunch :rolleyes:
    kildareash wrote: »
    Isn't is just! Although i always think Kildare is like three different worlds...north kildare, central kildare and south kildare!

I agree with this! I'm in north kildare and we have friends in Athy and it literally takes an hour to get to them, but we're in the same county! Originally from Dublin and work in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Kash wrote: »
    I just found out that my Aunt is getting me one of those video baby monitors - hubby and I were planning some sort of Mission Impossible style webcam setup (yes, we are both geeks :D) so delighted we don't have to now!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Touch-Digital-Monitor/dp/B004EHZ58W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335696359&sr=8-1

and....

http://www.samsungsv.com/Model/Detail/19/SecureView

Have you seen these ones...they're a bit expensive but I just loved the novelty factor of being able to zoom and scan from the parent unit and I thought it was crazy to be able to skype your baby monitor!

Having a lazy morning..still in bed!

Thanks girls, I feel much better today.
    few hours sleep make a difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Here minding baby Ollie and have him all swaddled up on my belly rocking him asleep.

Think someones jealous cause the poor lad is getting some forceful kidney punches!

Tinkerbell, looking forward to hearing how today goes x

kildareash wrote: »
    Kash wrote: »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Touch-Digital-Monitor/dp/B004EHZ58W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335696359&sr=8-1

and....

http://www.samsungsv.com/Model/Detail/19/SecureView

Have you seen these ones...they're a bit expensive but I just loved the novelty factor of being able to zoom and scan from the parent unit and I thought it was crazy to be able to skype your baby monitor!

Having a lazy morning..still in bed!

Love the video ones but we got the angelcare monitor as I like the reassurance of knowing it will alarm if our baby stops breathing for any reason...I think it will help us both sleep better :)

Lazy morning here also but have to get up now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Twomums we got the angel care one too, without the video. Looks the bus! We also bought a digital thermometer, one of the mothercare ones. You put it in the ear. Anyone have any experience of these?

Tinks, how did the scan go?

We are having great fun here this morning assembling the pram and have been wheeling it around the house......If someone was looking in the window you'd think we were a couple of loons!!!

I've been trying to upload a pic of my bump from my phone but it won't work. My comp keeps freezing when I plug the phone in.

Notsobusy - yeah they get great reviews. A friend has one & she wouldn't be without it...she uses a snuza monitor for day naps (it's a little clip on monitor) & I hope to get one of these too :)
    Knowing its monitoring my babies breathing is a real plus for me & it has a room temp monitor as part of it.

I have an in ear thermometer for ourselves. They are great as they are quick & simple :)
    I really like the idea of the soother thermometer that Avent do, if our little one takes to a soother we will get one of those also :) As she is a thumb sucker already I suspect she will take to a soother!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I bought some bottles and a microwave steriliser, portable changing mat, and actual changing mat for on top of baby changer today :D I got the Avent ones: I really don't plan on using them but just knowing they are there is a bit of a relief just in case!

Twomums mothercare have their own version of the soother thermometer too: I was looking at it today: I'm a big believer in soothers so hoping babs takes to them but if not I'm not worried either.

I could not have the Angelcare moniter: I know it would either give me or hubbie a heartattack. I'm going to get a video one :)

Saurelin hope today was better!

Do the baby nail scissors and clippers terrify anybody else? I went to buy them again today and again I didn't... they bloody scare me more than the thoughts of giving birth: and that's saying something :P

cyning wrote: »
    I bought some bottles and a microwave steriliser, portable changing mat, and actual changing mat for on top of baby changer today :D I got the Avent ones: I really don't plan on using them but just knowing they are there is a bit of a relief just in case!

Twomums mothercare have their own version of the soother thermometer too: I was looking at it today: I'm a big believer in soothers so hoping babs takes to them but if not I'm not worried either.

I could not have the Angelcare moniter: I know it would either give me or hubbie a heartattack. I'm going to get a video one :)

Saurelin hope today was better!

Do the baby nail scissors and clippers terrify anybody else? I went to buy them again today and again I didn't... they bloody scare me more than the thoughts of giving birth: and that's saying something :P

Cyning I'm better. thanks

I'm ok with clippers:-) had a lot of practise with my cats when they were kittens (I used baby clipers) so I hope I will be ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hey girls,
    I'm still in the pink. Stupid docs here haven't a clue!!!!

Yay tinkerbell! Delighted for you an Hubby . Are ya chuffed? Hospital scan machines are a joke

Congrats tink!!

Cyning I got the avent bottles with microwave steriliser too. Looks like if will do the job fine if we need to use them.

I wouldn't be a massive fan of soothers, but I bought 2 just incase. Very hard to find some suitable for newborns in a neutral colour I thought! Ended up with purple ones.

We just got a normal monitor, I wouldn't do a tap if we had video one, i'd be watching it the whole time. My friend offered me the angel care mat thing too... But I dunno...it's kinda scary.
    The nail clippers don't scare me but that thing for clearing out their nose does! My sister got obsessed with hers and was constantly using it!

Anyone else baby's poking out of your belly yet??

This very second, there is something sticking out about 2 inches out of my belly, think it's an arse but I dunno, very odd, think alien!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Pic update!!! At least I have some sort of bump now but no one cops I`m preggers still.

theg81der wrote: »
    Pic update!!! At least I have some sort of bump now but no one cops I`m preggers still.

^^ me after chinese :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

javagal wrote: »
    Anyone else baby's poking out of your belly yet??

This very second, there is something sticking out about 2 inches out of my belly, think it's an arse but I dunno, very odd, think alien!

yup! Its been incredibly entertaining to me for the last few days, my little one likes to hang out on the right too, so constantly lop sided! Mines a little lumpy head poking up according to the midwife, and every so often i get a little hand or a foot poke out and run across my belly slowly, very strange! Starting to feel much more connected to the little person since I've noticed it though, it all seems more real or something.
    Anyone else finding all the stretching making the skin on the belly feel a bit funny by the way?

That's great news Tinkerbell :)

We were given an avent gift set, looks like it will do the job grand. It's so hard to know tho.

I think well just get a normal monitor. I think those angelcare ones will freak me out, I'd be constantly wondering if it was working properly!

Famous last words, but if I can at all
    Avoid soothers I will be. My sis nearly choked on one when she was a toddler (almost 50 years ago!) so my mam never used them with the rest of us. My niece still has one for when she's tired, supposedly, but she'll be 4 in June and her front teeth kinda have that semi circular shape on them. I just hate when I see her with it. Just a pet hate of mine, but as I said I'll probably end up giving my baby one now because Ive said it!

Congrats Tinkerbell :D you must be chuffed! I bet your consultant had umbilical cord confusion :)
    You can relax & enjoy adding a little girl to your family now :D

That's me on a normal day before getting pregnant 😒
    Yes Java, my baby likes the right side mostly, but the other day the middle of my belly just stuck out, it was a head or a bum! Very funny looking.

That's great Tink :D

oh I so don't want to go to work tomorrow, and I have to :/ buu ;-)

we had lazy afternoon and I want more ;-)

Funny how many of you feel the angelcare would freak you out :) I'm sure we will have the...pick up baby forget to turn off pad & it goes off...scenario but I wouldn't be without the movement monitor :)
    Kildareash you can have it set that it ticks so that you know it's working if you want that reassurance :)

I had a soother to some silly age (honestly it was ridiculous) but it was a real comfort to me as a child & have no problem with my child having one as a result. They do say it can mess with your teeth but I have perfect teeth while my sis in law who was a thumb sucker did shift her teeth to perfectly fit her thumb & now has braces to correct it. As I know she is already sucking her thumb on the 3D scan so I hope she will take to a soother instead :) she will grow out of a soother...I can't chop her thumb off ;)

I dont mind baby having a soother at all. Some babies need the comfort. Minding Ollie today, he wakes up, takes an ounce of bottle just to calm himself and then falls asleep so instead of letting him have the bottle i was giving him the soother and he had a two hour uninterrupted sleep and woke up in a lovely chatty mood!

Javagal I haven't quite had a bum poking out but I'm sure I've felt either little fingers or toes poking out :) she has def been more wiggly the last few days!

Silly those nose suckers scare me too :)

I wish I had been that slim before I got preggers!
    Kildareash you can have it set that it ticks so that you know it's working if you want that reassurance :)

I had a soother to some silly age (honestly it was ridiculous) but it was a real comfort to me as a child & have no problem with my child having one as a result. They do say it can mess with your teeth but I have perfect teeth while my sis in law who was a thumb sucker did shift her teeth to perfectly fit her thumb & now has braces to correct it. As I know she is already sucking her thumb on the 3D scan so I hope she will take to a soother instead :) she will grow out of a soother...I can't chop her thumb off ;)

See, I have so much to learn. I didn't even know the angelcare made a ticking noise.
    I just have odd ideas...like that and my opinions on soothers. I know I'll probably end up giving the baby one if it helps them settle.
    javagal wrote: »
    I dont mind baby having a soother at all. Some babies need the comfort. Minding Ollie today, he wakes up, takes an ounce of bottle just to calm himself and then falls asleep so instead of letting him have the bottle i was giving him the soother and he had a two hour uninterrupted sleep and woke up in a lovely chatty mood!

Aw, sounds lovely. Your getting loads of practice in...your sis-in-law must be delighted.
    Javagal I haven't quite had a bum poking out but I'm sure I've felt either little fingers or toes poking out :) she has def been more wiggly the last few days!

Silly those nose suckers scare me too :)

I thought I cld see the shape of a long body down the middle of my bump today. It was a definate ridge, even OH could see it!

• Advertisement

Kildareash - I do lots of research on things (just ask silly re the uppababy ;) ) but our friends also have one so I have heard it ticking away firsthand :) you can turn the tick off (which we probably will as I think it might keep us awake) but it's there for reassurance if you want it.
    You can also not use the pad & have it as a standard monitor if you want to :) & I like that it includes a room temp guide...it beeps or something if it gets too hot or cold!
    However, people do mention picking the baby up in the middle of the night for a feed, forgetting to turn the pad off (which is very easy I believe) it going off & waking the other person up in a fright so that's something to bear in mind :)
    Amazon reviews are great for getting a feel for a product :) I love amazon reviews :D

Oh & re soothers - it's just personal preference :) you have good reason to try to avoid them in the same way that I'd prefer a soother over a thumb (I do wonder if your niece sucks her thumb also). There are all sorts of ways to encourage kids to give up their soothers if you really want them to...not that any worked for me :D I just decided one hot summer that I was going to burn them all in the fire (there was many!), my mam was happy to do anything to get rid of them so melting plastic it was!
    You might well find you don't need a soother or your baby doesn't take to one & if you do it's no big deal...I'm sure lots of our "plans" will go out the window when our babies arrive :)

Advertisement