Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atomiser + Cart vs Cartomiser

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Spoke too soon by the looks of things. Got a batch of stainless DCCs from TBS and they've all been pretty crap so far. One gave off a very burnt taste so I binned it. Two have only lasted a couple of days and the other one is giving me a very weak hit. Very annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

:/

have you tried the smok tech dual coil tanks? I got great performance from them but they're pretty fragile so not really suitable for walking around with or carrying in a bag/pocket.

that or the echomisers. have a look through the ego mega dual coil thread, they're not perfect by any means but so far they appear to be the best overall.

somewhere out there is the perfect atomiser... somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Eoin wrote: »
    Spoke too soon by the looks of things. Got a batch of stainless DCCs from TBS and they've all been pretty crap so far. One gave off a very burnt taste so I binned it. Two have only lasted a couple of days and the other one is giving me a very weak hit. Very annoying.

Must be acid in that juice you're vaping Eoin, it's dissolving everything you put it near :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Got a batch of stainless DCCs from TBS and they've all been pretty crap so far. One gave off a very burnt taste so I binned it.
    Same experience here, enjoyed the clear ones but the cone wouldn't fit so got stainless ones the next time. Cone fit and the first one worked as expected, the second one was burned tasting from the first so I took it apart(as you do). The filler was glued to the side of the cart and right where the coil earth is soldered, I recon that was the cause of the burning taste. The other two worked fine but not as long as the clear ones, maybe a day or two less. Of course I could have been getting fussier about the flavor and tbh a bit bored of them.
    Getting on fine with the LR carts at the moment 2 days use and easy fill. Apart from one frying a battery and the amount of juice they suck up their good.
    Hopefully my diy juice will arrive before I have to buy more, then I be down to about 7 lids a week vaping costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

:/

have you tried the smok tech dual coil tanks? I got great performance from them but they're pretty fragile so not really suitable for walking around with or carrying in a bag/pocket.

Yeah, they're good value but the new Arry Tank is great. Got through 20ml with the one Boge carto and for curiousity cleaned it out (the carto, not the tank), froze it and so far is going strong after going through a 10ml bottle. Can't praise it enough. Would look good on your new Lavatube:)

• Advertisement

can you put whatever cartomisers in an arry tank?

id never actually looked at them seriously before, seen a few videos a while back but cant really remember what was said about them

might have another look when I get home. ive heard great things about the boge's, but theyre kinda tiny and i dont wnat to be taking them off to refill every couple of hours

Only if it's the same size as a Boge and stainless....anything longer won't fit. The advantage of Boges is that they're about 2.8ohms so they'll go grand with your Lavatube at high voltages. The tank takes 5ml plus whatever the carto takes so you won't need refilling very often and topping up the tank is dead easy. If you're lazy like me or have trouble punching holes in cartos Arry sells a carto punch which does the job in two seconds.

hrm, where did you get yours?

just now realised I wont be able to use the tank I have on my lavatube cos it takes lr cartos :)

Got mine from Arry on UK Vapers...send him a PM. I think this is the same produce (though more expensive than what I paid):
    http://www.mojurepublic.com/products/Carto-Tank-V3-%28ACTV3%29-.html

If that's the Smoketech tank then you can use any carto of the same size. As far as I know the ledge is to stop the tank slipping rather than a seal. Haven't tried other cartos but that's what I've heard. I've used those pre-punch Smoketech cartos in the tank on a Provari at 3.7 to 4.1 no problem so the Lavatube will handle them too.

• Advertisement

had a quick google and saw someone else on ukvapers saying arry was sold out of them about a week ago

i'll think about it again in the new year, for now the lavatube and regular boge's will do me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

just now realised I wont be able to use the tank I have on my lavatube cos it takes lr cartos :)

It'll take regular resistance carto's aswell
    Bubba9 wrote: »
    Got mine from Arry on UK Vapers...send him a PM. I think this is the same produce (though more expensive than what I paid):
    http://www.mojurepublic.com/products/Carto-Tank-V3-%28ACTV3%29-.html

It's the same one alright. Got one a few weeks ago, great piece of kit, a big improvement imo over previous tanks. Previous tanks used friction fittings on the end caps, I always found them a pain to get on and off, this version has screw in end caps, making it a breeze to use. The way the carto actually screws into the bottom cap makes it very solid aswell...

Haven't had a dry hit or a leak yet, put ~50ml through it...

hrm. where does one buy a punching tool so for cartos?

i have some black boge's atm, but I could pick up some stainless ones without much hassle. tank system sounds pretty good for higher voltage vaping

Arry sells a carto punch...think it's about 7 sterling. He probably has a few left but if you want something before Christmas go to your local DIY place and look for a saddle valve....think it should do the trick...maybe take a carto with you to check.

nah itll be after xmas , wont be ordering the tank this week. steam sale on and I already spent 30 on new batteries.
    the boge's i have are black.. but they dont appear to have any sticker on them looks like they were just painted black
    reckon they'd be ok to use or am I better off just ordering stainless ones to be safe

Go with the stainless. The paint/glue could dissolve in the tank and although it might give you a bit of a high a pleasant vape it wouldn't make.

kk
    after xmas it is :)
    something to look forward to in the new year is always good

well he's not making any more arryv3's, but he said he might do up a few one off's of a stainless steel version over xmas. and his next proper job will be the v4

im regretting getting 3 boxes of black boges now, if i'd gotten the steel ones I could just buy a puncher and use them in my smoktech tank

Advertisement