Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths online store: items not delivered

Options
  • 17-11-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am crying for help here. My sister in law bought a few items from the Smyths online shop website on my behalf. She put my email address, so I received the email confirmation. However, the items were not delivered and I realised that she had slightly mispelled my address and made a mistake in my phone (although she also indicated my landline which was correct).
    I contacted Smyths through their customer services online, the answer was a bit vague:
    'This order is being carried with An Post.
    I assume they were unable to locate your address and therefore this has been returned to the local An Post depot.
    This will have to be collected from the depot.'

I "assume" :confused: So the person didn't even check the status of the order? You are supposed to be able to track your order online with the order reference, but mine doesn't seem to work. There is no phone number to contact the customer service. I tried to contact the local store, no answer
    I also can't find a number for An Post local sorting office (Baldoyle), so I sent an email to the customer service.
    Does anyone know what I can do to track this package?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Nanazolie wrote: »
    I tried to contact the local store, no answer
    I also can't find a number for An Post local sorting office (Baldoyle), so I sent an email to the customer service.
    Does anyone know what I can do to track this package?

Thanks

I found this Number: 01-839371, Baldoyle sorting office which is located in the Industrial estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

http://www.goldenpages.ie/an-post-dublin-city-D13/3/

has the no for An Post Baldoyle delivery office.

Call them giving the actual address which was used on the order and they should be able to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

They may not be able to track the An Post delivery status, depending on how it was shipped.

If the delivery was shipped with An Post, didn't have a complete address, and had a return address, it should end up back with Smyth's eventually.

But if it was a valid (yet wrong) address it might have been delivered to someone else.

If your sister in law placed the order in her own name they might be reluctant to deal with you over the phone, since you're not the customer - might be worth asking her to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

should have mentioned it: the number for the delivery office in Baldoyle, 01 839 3717, is no longer in use :( I know they moved premises a few years ago, but I don't think they have a number for public enquiries

MOH wrote: »
    They may not be able to track the An Post delivery status, depending on how it was shipped.

If the delivery was shipped with An Post, didn't have a complete address, and had a return address, it should end up back with Smyth's eventually.

But if it was a valid (yet wrong) address it might have been delivered to someone else.

If your sister in law placed the order in her own name they might be reluctant to deal with you over the phone, since you're not the customer - might be worth asking her to try.

she actually truncated the town name, so it wasn't a valid address, I don't think it would have been delivered to someone else.
    She doesn't speak English so following my instructions she placed the order under my name.

Might as well pay a visit to the sorting office. They open at 7.30 and are very helpful, they may be able to track the package for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ring An Post customer service, issues like this are centralised now and they then check out the local sorting office for you.

on Friday, I went to our local sorting office. They asked me for the tracking number, which I didn't have, but checked with my address and couldn't find anything. They confirmed that the slight error in my address (the town's name being truncated) wouldn't have stopped them from delivering once the post code was indicated, which it was

Contacted Smyths again, they gave me An Post tracking ref, the number for An Post Customer Service, which I contacted this morning. They said that there had been an attempted delivery and that the package was at my sorting office. :( I went back to the sorting office, armed with the tracking ref, and after searching for about 15mn, they finally located my parcel.

What surprises me is that I didn't get any notice of passage (one of these "sorry, we've missed you" flyers), how was I supposed to know that the package was to be collected? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Post code? No town in Ireland (the republic) has a post code.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

slimjimmc wrote: »

Dublin does - otherwise you're correct. Since the OP mentioned Baldoyle, I presume that they live somewhere in or near the city.

slimjimmc wrote: »

D13 for Dublin 13

• Advertisement
Advertisement