Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance waiting period

• 17-11-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. This is my first post. I have recently been diagnosed with a hip problem that requires surgery amounting to €12,000. I of course, do not have that money lying around. A private doctor diagnosed the problem (not my family doctor who knows nothing of this) and he says the surgery is required. My question is; If I get insured and dont tell the insurance company about my condition will they find out? I believe there is a 6 month grace period which I am allowed which I can reach and maybe even a year. Could they find out. Would appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Full disclosure is required. The forum charter also prohibits seeking advice about how to get around such things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement