Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Kilkenny

Options
  • 17-11-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

A group of us are heading to Kilkenny in December. It ll be a Friday night and all day Saturday encounter. Plan ll be to head out on Friday and watch matches, horses and gamble during the day Saturday. Just wondering what are best pubs for each, both day (pref near a bookies) and night?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

the field and the left bank on highstreet/patrick street are both very good pubs and are right beside a bookies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

The bottom bar in Kitlers Inn would be a good place to watch the matches and drink during the day and there is a bookies almost next door.
    Its on Kieran Street in Kilkenny.

If I was you that's where I would go.

Alternatively you could across to the street to Carpe Diem its much smaller than Kitlers but they usually show all matches too, and its on the same street so Ladbrokes is only a few steps away.

Friday night going out, best place to start is probably the Left Bank on lower Patrick Street (the parade), from there you could move onto Mat the Millers for night just over Johns Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Hey guys what are sunday nights like in kilkenny? Do the pubs/clubs be busy? Thinking of heading up there for a sunday night out.

To sum up, you'll find what you're looking for somewhere along either John st or Rose Inn street/Parade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Hey guys what are sunday nights like in kilkenny? Do the pubs/clubs be busy? Thinking of heading up there for a sunday night out.

Morrissons is always pretty busy on a Sunday night iv been there a few Sundays and although it's not as packed ad usual it's still pretty busy!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Since I turned into an old man, I've stopped going to Morrisons on a Sunday night and don't go anywhere after the Pump House or Ryans.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Since I turned into an old man, I've stopped going to Morrisons on a Sunday night and don't go anywhere after the Pump House or Ryans.
    But it must be great though to have the free travel pass.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

catbear wrote: »
    But it must be great though to have the free travel pass.

Be even better if I had public transport to use it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Do any nightclubs open a Sunday? Late bars even?

• Advertisement

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Do any nightclubs open a Sunday? Late bars even?

Morrisons and I think O'Faolains.

Advertisement