Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inagh dump closing

• 17-11-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

has any one any idea where the new dump will be as inagh is closing in 2 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Why is Inagh dump closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭gailgo

its closing , because its not making money its running at a major loss, and can you remember all the protests and up roar that all the poor local people had to go through and court cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I presume all the rubbish will go to Gortadruma in Co. Limerick now. I believe there has been alot of complaints from locals there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The Central Waste Management Facility, Ballyduff Beg, Inagh will remain open to all domestic customers after the landfill closes on the 25th November 2011. The closure affects commercial customers only.

Opening hours are as follows etc.,

http://www.clarecoco.ie/water-waste-environment/news/central-waste-management-facility-inagh-closed-to-commercial-customers-from-the-25th-november-2011.html

it will be limerick for a while but as far as i know they are trying to find a site in clare

• Advertisement

gailgo wrote: »
    it will be limerick for a while but as far as i know they are trying to find a site in clare
    I thought the Inagh dump was the only dump in the county:confused: Are there more? Doora obviously closed years ago.

sorry i worded that wrong it is open to domestic house holds, its not open to the likes of the udc in ennis and that , they dont know if they will have to go to limerick or where they will be going

My understanding is that Gortadruma is licenced to take 130,000 tonnes of waste annually, they are not collecting that amount, their figures are down so they would have extra capacity making them the obvious choice to replace Inagh I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

MrsD007 wrote: »
    My understanding is that Gortadruma is licenced to take 130,000 tonnes of waste annually, they are not collecting that amount, there figures are down so they would have extra capacity making them the obvious choice to replace Inagh I reckon.

It will depend on the companies and the pricing in particular. Limerick's facility will close in the next few years also. I wouldn't be surprised if Greenstar's facility in Kilconnell will be the landfill for most of the West. Landfill is being phased out in Ireland for the past number of years.

Advertisement