Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbery in drumroe!

Options
  • 17-11-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone here about the attempted robbery in Drumroe shop this morning??
    Apparently a guy with a knife and mask came in and tried to rob the place!! No joke like, heard from a reliable source that works there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

When getting breakfast this morning, I saw the Crime Scene Investigation van driving around, and was wondering why they were there!

Seriously lads, why? Why would you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Why would you rob it early in the morning? Seriously, round 4:30 is a far better time to rob the place seeing as they'll have **** loads of money.... unless you really want a free breakfast roll that is....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

unless you really want a free breakfast roll that is..
    wrong thing to be laughing about but i keep imagining this
    GIVE ME ALL YERE CASH.....AND A BREAKFAST ROLL....NO BUTTER

on a very serious note...i really doubt this was a student, if it is its a ugly low for ul

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Weird place to try rob, they'll still be in the middle of a University Campus which is well known for heavy traffic. Very random would have thought either of the spars up the road near plassey would be easier done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Why the drumrow shop of all places. There are much better places to rob around the place.

• Advertisement

"GET BACK GET BACK!!!!! GIMME A TENNER O2 CREDIT AND A PACK OF MARLBORO LIGHTS!!! 3 SAUSAGE ROLLS!! PORTION OF WEDGES!"

On a serious note, anyone know if much was taken? Or if any of the staff were hurt? Haven't got a chance to go in there today, but I'm assuming since twas open earlier when I passed that nothing too bad happened?

And I hate to say it, but I don't think we can rule out it being a student... let's face it, you'd kind of want to know UL fairly well to know that shop. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

Seems a really stupid place to rob though. Like you're probably gonna be caught on CCTV all over campus as you get away, they're not gonna have much money in the till, especially early in the morning... doesn't make sense to me from a criminal mastermind perspective. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

according to someone i know who works in the shops..security have a fair idea of who did it and if they are right, it wasn't a student, thank god!!

freyners wrote: »
    according to someone i know who works in the shops..security have a fair idea of who did it and if they are right, it wasn't a student, thank god!!

I hope they're right, would be a pretty depressing note about the calibre of person going here if it was a student.
    Hope whoever it was get's caught.

Advertisement