Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest PS3 in limerick?

• 17-11-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

My PS3 died on its arse the other day. Out of warranty too :mad: Had 2 360's die on my before and now this.

Anyone know if anywhere is doing good deals?

Thanks in advance chaps :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Smyths are normally cool, just hand it in and they'll give you a refurb for 160. did it with my old phat launch ps3 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Cheers man. Been burned with refurbs of other things before though so im a bit wary of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

how long out of warranty? mine died on me a couple of weeks ago, just under 2 years old, got a free replacement from gamestop with 2 emails :D

hmv are doing a 160gb slim with Arkham City (might be uncharted 3 now) for 219.99, which is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Amazon have the 160gb model for £187 (roughly €230 when VAT and currency conversion is taken into account, and that includes delivery to Ireland)

Game are advertising the same console for €239.99.

Xtravison are doing the same console bundled with Battlefield 3, a charging cable, and a hdmi cable for €249.99.

Might give you a price range to use as a guage if you check out the likes of Smyths, HMV, Soundstore, Harvey Norman etc.

krudler wrote: »
    how long out of warranty? mine died on me a couple of weeks ago, just under 2 years old, got a free replacement from gamestop with 2 emails :D

hmv are doing a 160gb slim with Arkham City (might be uncharted 3 now) for 219.99, which is brilliant

That is a very good package pricewise.

• Advertisement

Thats sounds right in my budget range. Cheers Kess. Ive played both them games but i can always sell a copy off.

Cheers chap.

6 months out of warranty btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'm selling one actually for e150 negotiable :) PM Me if your intrested! :)

Just messaged you there kid

Just messaged you there kid

Check everything Simon, that fella may leave you.....short.:pac:

Thats sounds right in my budget range. Cheers Kess. Ive played both them games but i can always sell a copy off.

Cheers chap.

6 months out of warranty btw.

where'd you buy it? you're well entitled to get it replaced thats what I did, email sony and then email where you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

krudler wrote: »
    email sony and then email where you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

OP has no redress with Sony, the responsibility is with the retailer and if its only 18 months old, he should be able to get a replacement from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

160 gb In HMV For 219.99 Includes Batman Arkham City / Fifa 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Pm'ed you back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Do what has been said in this thread a few times. Email gamestop at hello@gamestop.ie and tell them your ps3 has broken down after only 16 months.

They will tell you they are sorry but it is out of warranty, which it is but you are entitled for your ps3 to have a certain lifespan which is much more than 1.5 years. Tell them this and if they do not help you that you have no choice but to go to small claims court. This should prompt them to replace it free of charge. If not file the small claim at https://smallclaims.courts.ie/esmallclaims/claim/Main?page=home&Language=English

They will get notification of this and they will 100% give you a replacement console and if not small claims will find in your favour and you will get one anyway.

Limericks wrote: »
    Do what has been said in this thread a few times. Email gamestop at hello@gamestop.ie and tell them your ps3 has broken down after only 16 months.

They will tell you they are sorry but it is out of warranty, which it is but you are entitled for your ps3 to have a certain lifespan which is much more than 1.5 years. Tell them this and if they do not help you that you have no choice but to go to small claims court. This should prompt them to replace it free of charge. If not file the small claim at https://smallclaims.courts.ie/esmallclaims/claim/Main?page=home&Language=English

They will get notification of this and they will 100% give you a replacement console and if not small claims will find in your favour and you will get one anyway.

thats what i did, 2 emails and sorted

The warranty was 3 yrs when i got mine so it was 3.5 years old. Not much chance of recourse there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

The warranty was 3 yrs when i got mine so it was 3.5 years old. Not much chance of recourse there.

I would not say that. Is yours the old console that sold for big money? I would expect any appliance or electrical item bought for 500 or so euros to last at least 5-7 years and the small claims court would agree with me.

you do, you can argue that a high end console should last longer than 3.5 years, sony have said themselves the ps3 has an expected 10 year lifespan. it clearly doesnt, follow it up. there's a whole thread about it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055795516

Advertisement