Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs with no lyrics

Options
  • 17-11-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am urgently looking for 2 Westlife songs for the weekend with just the music in it and no lyrics,

The 2 songs are "Mac the Knife" and "Ain't that a kick in the head".....

Just looking to download them from somewhere and put them onto a cd,

Does anyone know where i can get them?

Any help appreciated,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Westlife songs :confused:

do you mean the Louis Armstrong Mack the Knife?

if so Bobby Darin does an instrumental

Dean Martins "aint that a kick in the head"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Before anyone does it, please don't go posting links to download copyrighted material.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Don't mean to be pedantic [that's a lie], but there is no such thing as a "song with no lyrics", vocals is what makes a piece of music a song. It's just 'music' or 'instrumental' in that sense, hence the saying "Sing us a song".

Sorry the off-topicness of that. Are you not able to buy a CD or iTunes/Amazon/Napster/whatever download with these tracks on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Auvers wrote: »
    Westlife songs :confused:

do you mean the Louis Armstrong Mack the Knife?

Louis Armstrong? :confused:

Do you mean the Kurt Weill/Bertolt Brecht Mack the Knife (Die Moritat von Mackie Messer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

paulosham wrote: »
    Louis Armstrong? :confused:

Do you mean the Kurt Weill/Bertolt Brecht Mack the Knife (Die Moritat von Mackie Messer)

yes but try and find a recording of that, oh the joys of wiki

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Nailz wrote: »
    Don't mean to be pedantic [that's a lie], but there is no such thing as a "song with no lyrics", vocals is what makes a piece of music a song. It's just 'music' or 'instrumental' in that sense, hence the saying "Sing us a song".
    That is pedantic. A song is a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You're correct, I am being pedantic, and yes; "A song is a song". Whatever you mean by that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't think any Westlife songs have no lyrics.

Their songs rely on mainly vocals alone so I don't know how that could constitute to no lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Cydoniac wrote: »

Song definition: "In music, a song is a composition for voice or voices, performed by singing." So the pedantic bloke is 100% right, Westlife "songs" without the singing would be a distinct improvement btw.

Advertisement