Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security for Boston Scientific and others

Options
  • 17-11-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Folks,
    Just wondering does any one know who does security for Boston Scientific in Galway, also who knows which security companies work for the other big factories in Galway, Merit etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I believe it's Group 4 or G4S

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Southernman63

Thanks for that redsteve.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

ISS security do medtronic and Coviedian as far as I remember. Used to be Chubb.

Thanks for that Moonlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

And no one has asked a newbie why he wants this info :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Do you want to know how many patrols there are OP? And their response times? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

These contracts shouldn't be discussed like this, as with all areas of employment no one is truly safe from a permanent holiday, company names/details mentioned here - i don't know, just not comfortable with it.

You're on the wrong site then luv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

These contracts shouldn't be discussed like this, as with all areas of employment no one is truly safe from a permanent holiday, company names/details mentioned here - i don't know, just not comfortable with it.

I'm not sure what information on the thread you have an issue with? The info the OP is looking for could be easily got by anybody by walking right into the reception of Boston Scientific or anywhere else, security work the reception desk in these factories! What company they are is hardly a big secret.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm thinking too far ahead, granted it's easy walk in and find out, whaat i wonder is why anyone would come on here to enquire, every site worries about whether the contract is going to be lessened and/or replaced with another company, so when local (what could seem to be) speculation appears, it makes people nervous. It's a funny industry! :o

• Advertisement

The only reason I asked the question is because I am looking for work as a security officer and I wanted to apply to a few companies that are based in the Galway area.
    If anyone knows of vacancies in this area that would be great.
    Thanks.

There's not much work in it at the moment, but no harm applying, if you go to the PSA website (http://www.psa.gov.ie/) you'll find a list of operating companies in the region, almost all companies allow online cv uploads. Hope it goes ok for you.:)

Thanks for that Gremlinertia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You could apply to Custodian too; they're a Galway based company who do a lot of industrial and retail sites around the city.

Thanks for that Fey will give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Your better off looking for a job in the factories rather than looking for a job in security. No guarantee of hours, you would also just be called in last notice to cover someone.

It's very hard to get work in factories in Galway lately they don't seem to be hiring. Sent my C.V. to a few but not even a confirmation email. That's why I did the basic guarding course, trying to increase my options.
    I suppose my best option is to keep sending the CVS.

Advertisement