Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Customer Service I Have Ever Experienced

Options
  • 17-11-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

There are no words.

From August this year, there has been no pleasant aspect of dealing with Eircom.

The latest incident is that they have debited my account twice. Direct debit was due to be taken out on the 14th but the amount was still listed on my Eircom.net account on the 15th and 16thso I manually paid online using a Laser card while I still had some money to pay for it!

Now on my bank statement, I have had two amounts deducted from me yesterday and today totalling approx €100.

Obviously I called to sort this out. Here's what happened, and I'll be paraphrasing!

Call 1: "It's your own fault really. You now have a credit on your account."
    After stressing I now have no money I was on hold for ages and then was told:

"I've requested a cheque it'll be with you in 10 working days."

Not acceptable, need money into my account a.s.a.p. Transferred. Again told it was pretty much my fault because I chose to pay by direct debit, even though it still stated on my account that the balance was due. After further explaining that I have no money, I was asked for my card details and told it may be refunded in three working days.... next week. Obviously not a viable option.

Call 2: Rang complaints. Spoke to a lady who again assured me in a roundabout way that it was my own fault. Told me I have to wait ten days for my money and told me she could do nothing. She hung up on me/call was disconnected.

Call 3: Same number. Told I called Customer Charter, was transferred.

Lady on the phone told me that it may take 5 working days to receive a reply regarding my complaint. Unacceptable, need money in my account before next week. Lodged a complaint, said someone may be in contact with me in the next few days. No mention of compensation, or when I'll actually be getting my money.

Eircom are the biggest shower of incompetent idiots I have ever come across. I work in Customer Service, also done by phone, and I am well aware of how a customer should be treated and how their custom should be valued. Eircom couldn't care less. The only reason I'm with them is because UPC isn't available in my area. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Carriexx

I know your not gonna like this - but they would not have been able to see that you had paid - the direct debit will automatically come out anyway.

BUt you should ask to speak to a supervisor, and get the money back - but to tell you the truth i would say they will just credit it back to your bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Eircom are the biggest shower of incompetent idiots I have ever come across. I work in Customer Service, also done by phone, and I am well aware of how a customer should be treated and how their custom should be valued. Eircom couldn't care less. The only reason I'm with them is because UPC isn't available in my area. :mad:

You've clearly never dealt with 3 customer service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

There are no words.

From August this year, there has been no pleasant aspect of dealing with Eircom.

The latest incident is that they have debited my account twice. Direct debit was due to be taken out on the 14th but the amount was still listed on my Eircom.net account on the 15th and 16thso I manually paid online using a Laser card while I still had some money to pay for it!

Now on my bank statement, I have had two amounts deducted from me yesterday and today totalling approx €100.

Obviously I called to sort this out. Here's what happened, and I'll be paraphrasing!

Call 1: "It's your own fault really. You now have a credit on your account."
    After stressing I now have no money I was on hold for ages and then was told:

"I've requested a cheque it'll be with you in 10 working days."

Not acceptable, need money into my account a.s.a.p. Transferred. Again told it was pretty much my fault because I chose to pay by direct debit, even though it still stated on my account that the balance was due. After further explaining that I have no money, I was asked for my card details and told it may be refunded in three working days.... next week. Obviously not a viable option.

Call 2: Rang complaints. Spoke to a lady who again assured me in a roundabout way that it was my own fault. Told me I have to wait ten days for my money and told me she could do nothing. She hung up on me/call was disconnected.

Call 3: Same number. Told I called Customer Charter, was transferred.

Lady on the phone told me that it may take 5 working days to receive a reply regarding my complaint. Unacceptable, need money in my account before next week. Lodged a complaint, said someone may be in contact with me in the next few days. No mention of compensation, or when I'll actually be getting my money.

Hi NicoleL88
    While telling you it was your own fault is harsh the fact that you chose to make a manula laser payment alongside the existing direct debit does explain the double payment. I understand that the issue is that you need one of the amounts returned asap. I can try to sped this up for you but am aware that to return this through normal channels will take time..and possibly the time already advised.
    Even though direct debits are set for a particular date this seems to change by a day or two according to banking dates ( I have noticed this accross all my own direct debits.) and we have no controll of this.
    If you PM me your tel and account number will do my best for you though.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

There are no words.

Why would you pay a bill twice if you're that short of money?

It was your own fault, no point blaming them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Bluewolf, you clearly didnt bother to read the OP thoroughly. Unless you have something helpful to add, don't bother to post.

And thank you Tony, but I've already lodged a complaint and they are trying to get the money to me before the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

@ nicole88

if you go into pennys and buy item A, you pay with your laser, two weeks later you return the item, you will have the amount repayed to the same laser account
    eircon are giving you the run around, hope you learnt your lesson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

wait till they start hanging up on you

Advertisement