Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Siolta and NEYAI help

• 17-11-2011 2:29pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

...........am just looking for some information /feedback on Siolta and NEYAI.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Moved to Primary and Pre-School

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What do you want to know about them?

I don't know much about NEYAI except really what they have here - http://www.effectiveservices.org/ces-projects/the-national-early-years-access-initiative-neyai

Síolta I am alot more familiar with,It is The National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education
    http://www.siolta.ie/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

how you are finding it really?

have an interview coming up and i can't really find any information on it and dont want to approach the facilities directly.

I know there are some difficulties with the Siolta Programme and HSE guidelines, also an increased amount of paper work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Hi irishbird,
    Neyai is the national early years access initiative. Earlier this year city/county Childcare committees together with the national voluntary Childcare organizations were invited to submit proposals for funding to carry out 3 year projects linking to the siolta principles. Not all proposals were successful. Some projects target school readiness, others speech and language and others transitions. Look to see what the project in your area involves.
    Siolta is to the best of my knowledge at a bit of a standstill. As it's a voluntary practice framework, it's not really being supported to a large extent. Afaik the formal engagement/quality assurance is under review. The CCCs still have the remit to support services to engage informally with siolta. The nvcos have the remit to provide formal engagement without any additional financial support. Reading between the lines, I cannot see early childhood Ireland to continue with the quality assurance process for siolta. IMHO while it's a lovely framework, practitioners do not grasp the concept of reflective practice.

Good luck with the interview. Pm me if I can offer any other help.

Advertisement