Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bust Playstation

• 17-11-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭

So, my playstation seems to have gone belly up, and I'm not sure what the issue is, I would have assumed it was YLOD but there is no yellow light. What happens is the PS3 works fine for around 20 minutes and then just completely freezes, to the point where it needs a hard reset. This makes playing any game for longer than 15-20 mins a pain in the hole. Anyone have a similar issue? Or a contact email for Sony so I can see if they'll fix it, I know it's outta warranty but its worth a shot. It's a nearly 2 year old Slim Ps3 250GB. Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Do yourself a favour and have a read of this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055795516.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Sounds like your HDD is over heating. Back up all your data from your HDD otherwise you might lose it all someday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

what game do you tend to be playing when this happens, also try giving it a vacuuming.

If it has died do go back to the shop or if need SCC like F1ngers said.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Make sure you back up your data while you can tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I haven't played it in a while, but it started just after my brother got MW3. I'll back up my data and contact sony. If they'll do nothing there's places around here that repair ps3s, ill see if they can do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kersmash wrote: »
    I haven't played it in a while, but it started just after my brother got MW3. I'll back up my data and contact sony. If they'll do nothing there's places around here that repair ps3s, ill see if they can do anything.

Why would you get someone to repair it, when you will in all probability get a new one? :confused:

As soon as someone breaks the warranty seal, you have no comeback as far as Sony are concerned.
    They could argue that you introduced the fault by opening it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sounds like the PS3 is just about to YLOD. Can happen sometimes that it barely works for a while.

As others have said don't get it repaired, you'll have no recourse with Sony. Look at the small claims thread and go through the motions there. Usually all it takes is a letter from the small claims court to get a new PS3 and you are well within your rights to do this. Just make sure you follow exhausting all ways of talking with the retailer and manufacturer, it's detailed in that thread.

Advertisement