Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alibaba and websites like these

Options
  • 17-11-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

I am in the process of helping a friend of mine start off a business, some thing I have an interest in and something they have the money to use.

I was looking to source things via alibaba and madeinchina.com etc

Just looking to gauge peoples opinion on these web sites, are the people your dealing with trust worthy and is there any way to check them out.

Also I am assuming its better to get an Irish agent to deal with the shippin and customs rather than letting them do it at their end????

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Can be very hard to get a good price. Quality can vary wildly. Dont let them handle shipping, you will more than likely be ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

chprt wrote: »
    Hey folks

I am in the process of helping a friend of mine start off a business, some thing I have an interest in and something they have the money to use.

I was looking to source things via alibaba and madeinchina.com etc

Just looking to gauge peoples opinion on these web sites, are the people your dealing with trust worthy and is there any way to check them out.

Also I am assuming its better to get an Irish agent to deal with the shippin and customs rather than letting them do it at their end????

thanks paddy

Hello Paddy,

have a look at these threads in relation to shipping from China.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67893959

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69081985

I would strongly recommend to arrange the shipping from this end and agree FOB terms with your supplier.

In relation to Ali Baba and similar sites there are some good stories, not so good stories and then there are outright scams. You have to be carefull and ask for references (and follow them up)

Alternatively there are a number of companies based in Ireland that source products on behalf of Irish/UK/European and US importers. These companies understand the culture, speak the language and have extensive databases of suppliers across a wide range of products.

PM me if you would like to have additional information.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dimaer

You can establish good relations on http://www.aliexpress.com smaller volumes version of Alibaba. They have Escrow and good feedback system so you would not get screwed up. I have placed tens orders and had no single major problem.
    Watch out for feedbacks.

Advertisement