Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with gammon joint....

Options
  • 17-11-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello, I have a small gammon joint (0.600kg) and i was wondering what is the best way to cook it as i have never cooked gammon before, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

With a piece that small I'd boil it for an hour and a half. If you wanted to tart it up a bit you could then brush it with wholegrain mustard and honey and pop it into a moderate oven (about 180c) for 10-15 minutes.

I'm pretty sure someone posted directions for boiling ham in Coca Cola a while back, if you want to search for it.

Advertisement