Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DNS servers funked?

• 17-11-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I get kicked off of eircom about 100 times a day for the last week, it just so happens a friend of mine has been having the same issue. I dont lose connection to games or teamspeak, just cant browse which is why Im sure its got to be crappy eircom and their crappy dns. Is it just a coincidence or is any one else having the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ronan675

Try switching to Google's Public DNS. I stopped using Eircoms DNS years ago.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Or OpenDNS, who also offer other free services, based around DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gavio101

I used to use open dns before I realised I was getting routed through bloody american servers. Where is googles dns based. I googled it with no luck :P.

Ill try googles one for a while anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Gavio101 wrote: »
    I used to use open dns before I realised I was getting routed through bloody american servers. Where is googles dns based. I googled it with no luck :P.

Ill try googles one for a while anyway.

Only your DNS gets routed [minimal], not your actual data traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Gavio101 wrote: »
    I get kicked off of eircom about 100 times a day for the last week, it just so happens a friend of mine has been having the same issue. I dont lose connection to games or teamspeak, just cant browse which is why Im sure its got to be crappy eircom and their crappy dns. Is it just a coincidence or is any one else having the same problem?

Doubt that's a dns issue, after the first dns lookup your teamspeak will know the ip to match the dns record and not need it again. Games connect by ip, not hostname so there's no dns lookup. Eircoms dns servers (213.94.190.194 and 213.94.190.236) are working 100% here for me, v responsive.

Whats your line stats like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement